Do yourself a favor, make oven bacon!

(I like to post memes!) #1

Make it easy on yourself, cook bacon in the oven! 375 degrees for 40 minutes. Use foil for easy cleanup (pour that bacon nectar in a jar for later use). Sometime I also put down parchment. Haven’t really noticed a difference when I leave the parchment off. In this pic I cut the bacon in half to fit one pound on a 1/2 sheet pan. Go here for bacon grease (nectar) storage tips.

I’ve also added a cooling rack to add another layer of bacon on top. However that requires scrubbing the cooling rack, which is something I’m not into!

Also, bacon weaves are lovely, so many creative ways to use them!

How do you cook your Bacon?
FASTING HELP
(Guardian of the bacon) #2

Those weaves look like they’d fit in my hip pocket nicely ( I don’t have a purse for purse bacon.)

(John) #3

Only way to do it! Wife likes it pretty crispy, we do 400 for 18 minutes. I couldn’t wait 40 minutes for bacon.

(I like to post memes!) #4

@jfricke @jmbundy

(Joel Abdul) #5

Oh Yeah!!! Can I get a HECK YEAH!!!:heart_eyes:

(I like to post memes!) #6

@Joel_Abdul Yes, sir, here you go!

(Joel Abdul) #7

:joy:

(Scott Shillady) #8

:heart::heartpulse::green_heart::blue_heart::couple_with_heart::bacon: I love you Ketoberry, someone who calls it by its proper name:bacon:

(I like to post memes!) #9

@BaconNectar I think #baconnectar was trending earlier

My wife cooks bacon on the gas grill. Similar pan to what you are using, Takes not long at all.

(I like to post memes!) #11

The pan must be the key. I tried it on the grill once, it was comical. Caught on fire and disintegrated!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #12

Oh, yeah. Been cooking bacon in the oven for years (well, not the SAME bacon, of course!).

SOOO Good!

(Ross Daniel) #13

re-bacon? is that a thing?!

(Bernadette Duty) #14

Ketoberry, how do you keep the “Nectar” from popping all over the oven? Does it help to put the bacon on a rack inside the baking sheet? Mine splattered all over my oven and the next time I turned the oven on, it smoked for a good hour real bad. Then I had to clean the oven. Can you tell me what I did wrong? I put the bacon right on a cookie sheet, no rack, no foil.

(I like to post memes!) #15

@Bernie Does your pan have sides? I use a rimmed baking sheet from Sam’s club. All of the nectar stays on the pan. Something must have spilled on the bottom of the oven to make that awful mess :weary:

(Sondra Rose) #16

I like to do this in a deep roasting pan, with parchment paper on the bottom for easy cleanup. Bacon rests on the wire rack inside the roasting pan. I like mine extra crispy!

(Bernadette Duty) #17

Yes, my pan has about 1 inch sides. I’m not sure why it happened, maybe it was just defective bacon. Lol. I’ll give it another try. I love having bacon on hand for whenever I need a snack. Thanks for your reply.

(I like to post memes!) #18

Round these parts we call that #pursebacon!

(G. Andrew Duthie) #19

If your bacon is defective, please feel free to send it to me. I will dispose of it properly…

…IN MA MOUF!!!

(Marcus) #20

What about sous vide bacon?