Do yourself a favor, make oven bacon!

(Guardian of the bacon) #21

sous vide won’t make it crispy. IT probably makes it tender.

(Marcus) #22

I mean… You could sous vide a belly of pork…

(Kylie Woodruff) #23

Thank you guys! Just trying out putting some bacon in the oven for a snack now!!!

(Guardian of the bacon) #24

Absolutely, gotta crisp it up for flavor though.

(Mark) #25

Has anyone watched epic meal time on youtube,funny cooking show ,they love Bacon,watch the power pork patty episode,but all of them are funny you won’t believe your eyes

we have an ifrared grill, no flams touch the food or pan

Their keto pizza is one of their latest videos (December 2016). They admit eating keto for losing weight…pretty interesting to see how keto is starting to go mainstream.

(Richard Morris) #28

I like to baconize ham - dice it into bits and fry it in bacon nectar until it’s crispy then throw a poached egg on top of it.

(Guardian of the bacon) #29

Why poach an egg when you can fry it in buttah?

(John Spanos) #30

Be careful though! My daughter and her friend tried to make bacon in the oven when they were 13… They started a grease fire in the oven and had to call the fire department!

Ketoberry,

Do you have a good pasture raised source using soy free feed that does not cure its bacon with sugar?

(I like to post memes!) #32

@kate, sorry, no. I buy my bacon at Sams club or Walmart!!

(I like to post memes!) #33

@John_Spanos good point!

(I like to post memes!) #34

@John_Spanos good point! Were they ok?

(John Spanos) #35

Yes, my wife was home and got everyone out and turned the oven off. Good thing she didn’t open it or it could have flared up. But with the heat off it didn’t get much worse than a bunch of smoke and the fire fighters didn’t have to do much. No damage to the house or family, but a fun story to tell!

(Tracy Mason) #36

Funny…I always put my bacon in the oven because if I fry it I set off the smoke alarms :joy::joy:
My one beagle is so traumatized from it he goes to the door to go out anytime we fry food.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #37

The other thing about making oven bacon is that you can experiment with time/temperature to get just the consistency you want. I’ve made oven bacon that has slightly crisp edges but just melts in your mouth. Very hard to get that consistency on the stovetop.

(AnnaLeeThal) #38

My smoke alarm goes off any time I cook. My daughter knows the drill: turn on the ceiling fan, grab the plastic cutting board and fan the smoke alarm until it quits. My range vent fan is crappy.

(G. Andrew Duthie) #39

Does it at least vent outdoors? Ours is one of the ones that simply vents out the top of our microwave (mounted above the stove), which is quite silly, if you ask me. But it’d be crazy expensive to add a vent after the fact. So we have a window-mounted fan that we break out if the smoke gets too bad.

(Guardian of the bacon) #40

Sounds like a chinese smoke alarm drill…:sunglasses: