Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

wow that is rough you guys are onto that level of a heatwave. Just do all ya can to get thru!!! Feel for you on all that B!

Why? Why in doubt? What does your body tell you to eat? Are you trying to ‘micro manage’ zero carb? Nothing good ever comes from that ever.

So why? what ya doing on your eating plan? just wondering on it all.

zero carb is eat all the meat and fat as your body requires. your body tells you just that if you Iisten, we self regulate our eating to be what we require for that day. So…just that long wonder of why you go down a ‘is that enough’ fat path cause, heck is it what and all you wanted to eat for the day? Then yea it was all and what your body wanted. Feel lacking? Then no you didn’t do what your body wanted so…

not one other zero carber will ever tell you that you ate too much protein in your day or opted for more fat cause it is what you personally required for your own body? So it is ALL about you and not one other soul on how you eat your zero carb foods thru the day.

Do you get where I am coming from FB? It isn’t a ‘diet game’ of macros ever. It is an eat as ya need and f the rest of it lifestyle change to zero carb. That fixes the body, the rest is interference.

now tell me, cause you are good at putting across your experiences and how they effect ya and all, so just asking a few things wondering about how you are rolling along thru zero carb my friend :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

Because I measure some biomarkers.

Because I monitor blood sugar.

There is diabetes in my family.

On the carnivore diet trial my blood sugar readings are greater than 5.5mmol/l, often closer to 6.0 mmol/l.

I also chase higher blood ketones for brain fuel. Along with that higher blood glucose, I only get a trace of blood ketones, compared to being on a more moderate protein ketogenic diet.

As an aside. I was walking across the car park into work and my pants fell down.

Went one notch smaller on the belt. Thought I had made a belt fastening error that morning. Belt notches about 2cm apart. Did waist measurement just to check. Seems I have misplaced some belly fat. Anyone who finds it, it’s ok, I don’t want it back.

@Bubby1 Aimee, those of us on the PKD are supposed to be eating brains so I had to try 'em. I’m now officially hooked on them, yum. I like to scramble them with my eggs. I hope you enjoy yours.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #847

A friend on here mentioned it and said it’s nice scrambled. Hey, I’m totally up for it. If we can eat chickens legs and stuff, why not the organs. I’m extremely anemic so it might do me the world of good and save me from an iron infusion.:smiley:

I remember back in the day when I was courting a nice vegetarian girl, scrambled was about the only way I could eat tofu.

Hey @ReneeRC I’ve been seeking out podcast interviews with DrZsofia Clemens from Paleo Medicina. She is really consistent in what she says. She constantly deflects interviewers from them using the personal ‘you’ pronoun by saying that it is the science and the diet that is creating the results and not her. She has real concerns about patients with severe medical conditions and diagnosis on complicated polypharmacy attempting any of the PKD on their own. But is also very good at promoting the specifics of PKD with differences to Paleo and traditional ketogenic. I’m really enjoying the listening.

I wish she would go a bit deeper into the fats. In particular use of ghee. She dismisses dairy food sources due to the multiplicity of potential milk proteins, and obviously the lactose, and so dismisses butter and cheese.

Dr Clemens does have concerns about the over eating of protein on the carnivore diet and the possibilities of depletion and deficiencies, if carnivore is followed without including metabolically active organs. Back to the brains and their richness in fats, fat soluble vitamins and Vitamin C.

I’m trying to reconcile the PKD approach and ratios against the new kid on the block with the reactive oxygen species (ROS) super oxide theory of fat metabolism (based on the work of the Hyperlipid blog) but popularised by the Croissant Diet. In that approach the long chain fatty acids found in dairy foods are a staple. But tallow and fatty ruminant cuts of meat are also good sources. It asks me to veer away from the monosaturated fats like avocado (substituted with pate) and olive oil (abstain).

If all this was between two keto pancakes, it would be regarded as a waffle.

You don’t want some fat back? HA I hear you on that! I never do either :slight_smile: You thought you made a belt loop error? cool, lol. funny thought!

Thanks for telling me all you are tracking and learning about yourself. I know you were doing some stuff and couldn’t remember reasons on what you were following so I appreciate all that info on ya. Now I know and hopefully will remember :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

food yesterday was

10 oz ribeye steak
1.5 lb. snow crab legs with butter
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty
2 beef sticks

feeling great. eating well. doing fine. all good here :sunny:

Back out in the country side. Country road took me home.

The fridge is still full of fruit. But I haven’t had any. It looks like the fridge is full of toys.

Starting with 6:30pm dinner
21oz T-bone steak cooked in butter
100g Jarlsberg cheese
2 boiled eggs

Working backwards to a 1pm lunch date
Porchetta salad
Roast Italian style pork
Green leafy salad
Fried squid, egg battered, fried in EVOO

9am
Black coffee with approx 4g of cocoa butter

I was so satiated from the morning coffee that it was hard to eat lunch at an Italian Cafe with my wife. It was a date so I ate the food. We both drank rain water from our shed tank. We tried the still water from the cafe and it was chemical tainted. I had a bottle of the freshest rainwater in the world in my car.

But a salady lunch led to a hungry late afternoon after some manual labour on the block. While the steak was cooking I ate the cheese and the boiled eggs.

Has anyone experienced this (ever in recorded human history)? : I still feel the need for something. But my body is mute (@Fangs). I don’t think I feel hungry but I’m not satiated. I think this is a carnivore conundrum? If it was a craving, I’d be craving something. But the feeling is not target specific. Is it the fruit calling from the fridge? I’ll just let this steak land and let it pull and push all the hormone levers and see what happens.

Fangsy, stop pointing at my lunch and the plant foods.

LOL you were on a date :slight_smile: give ya a pass on that one!!

I understand that ‘need for something’. You know what it truly is…your body doesn’t need a darn thing actually.

Tell me if this sounds close to what you are talking about…I am guessing that feeling is you are not hungry but you have this empty feeling need for something. Not one clue what you ‘need’. You feel fine. You feel good. You are eating more than enough food obviously in your day for you and yet you feel like just a bit of some food of some kind is missing? Like you need that little something but not a friggin’ clue what could fill that feeling cause you really don’t want anything.

That is your body totally satisfied. That means to me you are getting those health benefits of internal repair.

Everything is starting to align all in a good way. It is like you ‘feel this emptiness’ of NO cravings, no true wants and yet you actually think you feel you do need to fill this emptiness you can’t put your finger on.

It is really hard for me to explain this feeling I get also…in that it just doesn’t set target specific…love that term, target specific and somehow that SO covers what you are saying.

To me it is a new body feeling I could not put into a box and explain…kinda like you are feeling now cause in our lives eating everything from junk to whatever, we never had this feeling :slight_smile:

I think firmly this is a normal natural life feeling people should have, cause in no way does it feel wrong ya know. It doesn’t make me feel bad. It isn’t a craving. It isn’t hunger. It truly isn’t anything but a void that ‘feels it needs something’ but when I ask what do you need? the answer comes out, I don’t need a darn thing.

hmmm…you know FB not many zero carb people chat about this feeling at all. You feel it and found it :slight_smile: But I don’t think there is a one size fits all in its’ explaination kinda in that it is like a phantom thing for me.

Maybe it is a sign of possible hunger coming at us? Something from old eating and grazing on food all thru the day from our old life we never knew what ‘true hunger’ coming is to our body? I get this at total random times. It never follows any pattern or anything at all but if you are getting that feeling I am getting, it is super strange :slight_smile:

not a bad thing. Not a ‘real’ thing in a way that effects me truly but puzzling at the same time.

One thing I know is it passes fast for me. I can walk thru the kitchen saying, I NEED SOMETHING, but am not hungry, don’t need anything truly, feel wonderful and fine and all…I just put my energy into something else and take my mind off ‘needing something’ and it just fades pretty fast actually.

Mind games? New body feelings of wellness most of us can’t remember feeling in our lives? I don’t know

I would love another to chime in on experience on this one also but to me it ‘just is’ and I just let it go now. I have this from time to time and I never had to ‘deal’ with it in any way, just let it roll thru me and it leaves and all is fine in the universe again in my world.

So hoping this might be what you are describing?

(Keto Koala 🐨) #853

My dinner was Two huge chicken drumsticks with the skin, three scrambled eggs in butter and 100 grams of blue cheese. I couldn’t finish it. After one chicken drumstick and half the blue cheese and three bites of the 2nd drumstick. I was done. It’s too hot to eat for me. But I ate until I was really full. Now I’m just guzzling water and also tipping it on my head and arms and legs. :hot_face::hot_face::hot_face::smiley:

Your whole post is gold gold gold Fangsy.

I’m craving cravings. It’s a real unreal thing. Sort of like not having the words to describe something and finding that description in another language like Japanese, or german, or Italian or Hungarian, a term that explains it, where English could not.

Best not to eat it then.

your doing so good B! Sorry the heat is nailing ya!! but you are rocking zero carb!

glad it was gold gold gold and not mud mud mud for ya :slight_smile:

yea it is a real yet unreal feeling and thru all my years doing zero carb no one has put a true and one good solid fact about it for me to grasp it.
and like I said, not many talk about it but a few of us have :slight_smile: and still have come to no conclusions at all cause in the end, we feel great but this unreal real feeling that hits every now and then is just a strange one for us.

maybe it is a signal to move move move the body?
a sign we need to do something, it might not even be about food at all ya know but we put it against our food in that context even though it might truly have nothing to do with food truly.

I don’t know HAHA Give me some thoughts on it from your side of it.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #857

Thanks Fangsy. I actually had a bit of brie too. It was quite a meal. No wonder I couldn’t finish it. Lol. There were a few carbs in the eggs, but my carb count for the day was only 5 grams.

I over did it with the blue cheese, couldn’t finish much of that. But it was nice anyway. It’s my meal of the day.

wow B that is one fine picture of some good food. yea you ate well and that is looking delish…that plate beats a crappy salad doesn’t it? :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

hey don’t count carbs in eggs. NO CARBS from any animal kingdom food mean anything at all. Carbs that come from all protein sources in the animal kingdom don’t mean anything to you at all. They are carbs wrapped in total protein/fat goodness so they literally become a mute subject on zero carb eating. A zero carb person never says I ate carbs ever LOL Those carbs disappear totally. They vanish. This is not a word you will use anymore in your eating if any trace carbs are coming from animal products.

see, zero carb takes another bit of useless speaking about eating some carbs out of your life. Simpler right :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

You eat all from the animal kingdom only and those few carbs from seafood or eggs or whatever don’t mean one darn thing at all to you :slight_smile:

I love that about zero carb!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #859

Holy crap Fangsy, I didn’t know that. That’s awesome. Thanks for teaching me something new I didn’t know. Since going all Animal products I started getting an awful metallic taste in my mouth, have to keep brushing my teeth. It tastes like rotton metal and smells like off fruit. David told me that it’s keto breath. I was relieved. I thought something was seriously wrong with me. It goes and comes. I don’t miss veggies at all, like I’m relieved I don’t have to eat them anymore. I even got 7 hours sleep the other night, so since Carnivore, things are starting to come good. :smiley::heart::heart:

David told ya right :slight_smile: :slight_smile: David is a smart one with good knowledge for sure!!

Your ketosis breath/taste will fade. That goes bye bye so hold thru it and one day you will be out of that.

Sleep is improving. That is wonderful. Longer on zero carb and more great benefits come to us in their own good time. So happy you are doing so well on your change into zero!!! Rock it out girl!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #861

Thanks Fangsy. :heart::heart::smiley:

It was not the move signal. I know that one. Move it baby was from nutritional ketosis when the blood ketones were 1.0mmol/l or above (in my case). That’s a repeatable phenomenon.

And you are right, the feeling has passed now. It was manageable through that technique you described and I know from meditation and yoga nidra, of acknowledging it is present but the presence is only a moment and that it goes or changes. Other people call letting it go (as does the older sister in Frozen). As if we have any conscious control over it.

It is a walk around the kitchen looking in cupboards and looking in the fridge type feeling. Like a lost thing rather than a craving.

It’s an evidence of absence.

The context you build that it is likely a natural forgotten feeling. A feeling of good health that may be so rare that it is surprising if it comes by. A missing person recognised through a beard.

The myth appears from the mist (or the missed).