Cheryl's 90 Day Carnivore Challenge: Started on Nov 01 going through to Feb 29, 2020

if a plant overtakes you in your life and needs of it, then you are no closer than knowing what it takes for you on a personal level than one just knowing the crazy of it all but what is my best choice that suits me thru life?

clicked the link…couldn’t even find what or more, make it super easy or I am not doing it LOL ain’t sorting thru it all to find one blurb.

no one wants real food with good protein and fat after they sugar food, they want more sugar food, yea me too :slight_smile: uh, the whole realm of crazy here on sugar :slight_smile: and the body! Sugar as it is will always be evil, but it comes down to 'how low can ya to succeed personally for you as an individual and where are you at on your journey?

so simple yet so elusive! Elusive is us carnivore people…we know thru truth of body experiences!

Yes, I’ve used both with no problems. Brushing your teeth with charcoal will whiten them and the clay will help some with diarrhea but it didn’t help me long term. It just kind of helped temporarily hence the diet change.

cool info R. thanks

food yesterday was

7 link sausage
2 chicken breasts
2 beef sticks

not hungry. you are darn right I am very hungry this morning LOL

will eat big and good today :slight_smile:

Back to work today. I have escaped the box of summer fruit at home home.

Iced long black coffee (no cream) at about 10 am

Egg rollups x 2 (see previous experiments posts) with bacon at 12 noon

Felt satisfied.

Hungry by 6:30pm. Went to a city supermarket (if I say IGA, do you know what I mean?)
They had roast meals
I just got meat
about 300g of roast pork
The server was pulling off the crackling and putting it aside. So I asked, if I could have it. He said it was free and filled up a large grease proof bag for me to take.
1 x roasted lamb shank

There wasn’t much fat on the meat so I found 200g pressed terrine with high fat content.

I ate the terrine and the pork crackling first.
Then the lamb shank.
I was two bites in to the roast pork when satiety hit and I stopped right there.

I’ve been listening to podcasts with Dr. SZofia Clemens about Paleo Ketogenic Diet. I think I’ll drop the dairy for February and try to eat closer to the 100g meat : 35g fat ratio. For me that will be about 400g meat and 140g additional fat per day. Probably over two meals. I just got to watch out for oxalate dumping symptoms.

I also listened to Dr. Jaime Seeman talk about children under 2 years old and how they naturally eat meat and high dense nutrition foods if they have access while they eschew many plant foods (except fruit).

It brought back a memory of my childhood of my mother preparing a meat patty recipe of ground beef, bound with egg, salt and pepper seasoning (some breadcrumbs and white onion). I would stand at the kitchen bench stealing raw beef patties to eat before mum could cook them. Now I have a craving for some raw beef mince mixed with raw egg and salt. I bought the ingredients but have to wait until I’m hungry.

Your posts are awesome! So much delicious information (who needs carbs after reading that awesome post? (rhetorical)).

(Mark Nelson) #829

Hi all.
Still around and still on track carnivore style!
Eating when I’m hungry (mostly with some light boredom snacking) and it all being quality proteins and fats. Minimal use of stevia (1 packet or maybe 2 at the most on any given day, but many days without).

Just so dang busy with work and personal life it’s nuts!
In a good way.

Been in IT for 30 years and now working for a small/mediumish size company. Just got tasked with clearing out our old building we moved out of last year and I’ve got 30 days to get it done. On top of learning a new ERP, learning to code again (it’s been 15 years), Database management, daily user issues, work for a non-profit

That’s without even adding in personal commitments around recovery and dating.

Grateful for it all!

Work day.

Have swapped out avocado for duck liver pate.

9 am long black coffee with cream (dairy removal false start)

12 noon lunch

2 egg thin omelette wrapped around bacon and left over roast pork from last night generously lathered and smeared in duck liver pate

Had two of these. Great take to work lunch. I like cold egg omelette.

Have had a day of no hunger. Satiated all day. Easy to concentrate on my work. Was supposed to finish at 5pm. It’s now 6:30pm. Biggest achievement was finding some paid work for a friend who was out of work and needed a job. An opportunity arose, i passed it on and he caught and sprinted on for a touch down.

Finishing up at work to go and have dinner with mum

Pork ribs and I’ll take along that pate (I seem to need to eat that liver). I’ll take mum some roses from the garden. We can discuss my urge to eat raw ground beef and raw egg (or her grandchildren).

After doing more research on the Paleo Ketogenic Diet (PKD). The blood ketone drop and blood glucose rise can be from over eating protein. The concern that Dr. Clemens has for people eating protein > 0.85g protein / body weight kg (not sure if it is optimum body weight, like Ron Rosedale stipulates) is that the amino acids will drive the body into a glucose burning metabolism, rather than ketone burning.

My blood ketones are detectable, so that would mean a low insulin state (I hope). But the PKD diet people get much higher readings for blood ketones with moderate protein.

I may recalculate and reduce the protein and eat fat to satiety and see how I feel.

It’s interesting as it is a comment toward carnivores feeling hungry eating lean(er) beef and eating more of the same to try to gain satiety, when something fattier may be in order?

Other levels for protein are advised in the podcastosphere. Someone was digging into the numbers and was recommending 1.0 to 1.2g protein/ kg of goal body weight. Who was it? It was in a discussion about aging and the increased protein requirements as we age.

I’ll come back and edit when found.

@Elizedge @Fangs thoughts on moderating protein, please?

Hip Hip! Down 1/2 lb. again. All adding up and down the scale I go.

food yesterday was

1 lb. ribeye steak
can of tuna/mayo
1 chicken breast
small cheeseburger patty

Doing wonderful.

In addition to the above I came across this fascinating info today on a lab experiment studying bovine viruses, that reported ADsorbant agents such as bentonite clay and activated charcoal had):

• 99% absorption rate for coronavirus
  • 74 to 99.89% rate for rotavirus

Something to keep in mind with all the headlines about coronavirus in humans!

Aaaaand:

Researchers at Arizona State University proposed that specific minerals in clay “may prove valuable in the treatment of bacterial diseases, including infections for which there are no effective antibiotics" [Such as MRSAs which are rampant these days…] All the more reason to have a little living clay sauce or appetizer regimen with food!

Aw, crepes. I ate crepes. Those egg roll ups, when made thin in the pan are crepes (sans flour).

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/search?q=crepes (so much crepe)

3 hour commute day.

Found the Biohackers Lab podcast. It seems good. Listening about PKD.

2 coffees with cream today separated by about 4 hours (good for desk work and form filling for managers)

Made 4 crepes at home

Per crepe:

2 eggs fried thin in a big pan in bacon fat
Finished the pot jar of duck liver pate - 2 big blobs in each crepe
bacon train line across the crepe
the last of the cold roast pork cut in strips

Is that enough fat?

Ate two of those at 1:30pm breakfast.

Not hungry all work day.

Will eat another two at 5:30pm just before drive home.

Dropping the cream from the coffee for Feb is a challenge within the challenge. But listening to what dairy proteins can do to a person (including being a suspect in Type 1 diabetes), might be motivation enough.

Homeward bound, I wish I was (TY Simon & Garfunkel)

food yesterday was

7 link sausage
10 oz ribeye steak
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty
10 slices bacon

wow my bacon pack was sliced so thin. usually I buy thick cut bacon but for some reason I picked this one up, regular old store brand bacon which I like and the regular cut pack, omg the slices were SO THIN :slight_smile: Like paper I swear I could see thru them and when fried it was like they disappeared. Coulda ate the whole lb. but decided they were a pain in the ass to fry for what it was so I put it away for hubby to fry and eat later. Heehee, yes sneaky that way. I will hit the store and buy my thick cut bacon now. Bacon is not as huge as a draw as it was to me before. Time to experiment with the pork belly. All these years eating zero carb and never bought pork belly. Time to try it since bacon is now going more by the wayside for me and not my monster draw it once was to me. Still love it when I get my hand on it tho! That won’t change but I find it is not ‘needed’ kinda anymore in my life as it once was, eh, cool on it all. Fine with that :slight_smile: Zero carb changes and I just follow along.

(Keto Koala 🐨) #836

[quote=“Fangs, post:835, topic:94651, full:true”]
food yesterday was

7 link sausage
10 oz ribeye steak
1/3 lb. cheeseburger patty
10 slices bacon

Wow Fangsy, I’m impressed!! I had three lamb chops and salami and cheese and two eggs for dinner. It totally F#cked me. LOL.

you a tiny little thing!! Nice thing is I eat all the time to how I feel. I never pull back, play with my zero carb plan in any way so what I eat is what I eat in a day and let my food life happen around me as needed.

You know that 10 oz ribeye I thought was a 16 oz ribeye pack I defrosted. When I ate it I got to the last bite and thought, I could eat more of that! Where is the rest of the meat? But it was fine cause right now being super boring COLD winter time I am not moving much. Not expending energy hardly at all with outside activity. Stinks now but when early early spring comes and I start hiking again, etc. my appetite will increase…then you can say you’re impressed with what I do eat when I list it. What I listed above actually wasn’t all that much for me :crazy_face:

yum, lamb chops! you are eating good!!

(Elizabeth ) #838

My food yesterday was a smorgasbord :slight_smile: My first meal was a 4 oz burger, about 6 oz of roasted chicken, a few oz of baked beef trimmings, and five very thick slices of bacon. Later in the day I ate two thick slices of liverwurst. Then dinner was a 16 oz ribeye. :grin::cut_of_meat:

And that sounds fab E!! Nothing like eating so fine!!

(Keto Koala 🐨) #840

Heya Fangsy. :blush:. You should have seen what I ate yesterday, ok I only eat one meal a day buts it’s always a pretty big meal. Yesterday I ate, three lamb shanks, 6 scrambled eggs with grassfed butter, 100 grams of salami, and 50 grams of brie cheese. Oh my f#cking gosh!!! My eyes were bigger than my belly. I ate the meat and the cheese and was so stuffed that I managed two mouthfalls of eggs and i was done. Oh god I was full. I was full for 24 hours. Then all the salt made me super super thirsty. So I guzzeled down a heap of water. It’s SO hot here. Another heatwave has arrived. I guess im just experimenting at the moment to see what works for me. I’m going to buy brains tomorrow ( Oh my gosh). But apparently they are good for you. Bit scared though :joy::joy::joy::flushed:. Have you tried them. I’ve never been into organs but try something once I always say. :blush::blush::blush::blush::heart:

you daredevil you :slight_smile:
no, haven’t tried them and probably never will. Ain’t my way to roll LOL

but many eat them and love them so you could be one who loves them, ya never know.

being longer on plan now I kinda found my niche ya know. I am out of experiment phase mostly. I just eat what I love at all times and how I like to put my ‘as E would say’ smorgasbord together and call it a day.

hey I am going rogue tho. gonna buy pork belly. I eat it out etc. but never bothered to make it at home. Enough extra experimenting for me on pork belly HA

(Keto Koala 🐨) #842

I know, I’m scared but a friend said it’s good for all sorts of things. Omg I’m just so thirsty tonight. All I have is yucky warm tap water. Might have to eat some ice cubes. It’s like an oven in here. I wanna go swimming right now in the dark. Omg standing under streaming waterfall. Bliss. Sorry I’ve got bloody water on the brain. Lovely clear icy cold water, ahhhhhhhhhh :droplet::droplet::droplet::cloud_with_rain::cloud_with_rain: