Chaffles

('Jackie P') #81

I have just ordered the Dash mini waffle maker from US Amazon. It is €9.99.
Haha I truly am every salesman’s dream!

(Susan) #82

In Canada it is $30 but I ordered one that is $19 because Amazon also sells items that have like a broken box, etc. My microwave was normally $100 and I got it for $60 the same way -that said original box is not with item. It still had a one year warranty and has been fine. This is coming soon, my daughter gave me the money for it, buying it for me as an early bday present, which isn’t until November. This happened because I said I would like one for my bday and she said get it now and I will pay as an early gift =).

('Jackie P') #83

Oh that’s handy. I ordered mine from the US for £13.49. I thought that was pretty good!
I’m looking forwards to it.

(Steve) #84

Susan & Jacqueline
You won’t regret buying the chaffle iron, it makes keto meals exciting.
This is what the mini iron looks like, perfect for one person.

(Susan) #85

This is the one I ordered that is coming, it looks the same as yours? only is silver (only choice for me as I got the wrecked box one).

(Bob M) #86

I also bought one, which I think is red (this color was the cheapest).

(Deborah ) #87

OH wow, that looks amazing! (And makes me miss Krispy Kreme a bit.)

I ended up making the recipe a lot simpler. Didn’t use cream cheese, just the regular chaffle recipe with mozzarella + 1 T coconut flour + 1t glazed donut syrup + a few stevia drops.

So good!

This is the closest I’ve come to the Krispy Kreme experience since getting celiac disease seven years ago, so I’m a happy camper!

(Steve) #89

As Richard says… Niiiice
It will help to work on the kids Bob

(Bob M) #90

How do you make gravy without many carbs?

(Ashley) #91

1lb sausage. 1 cup of chicken broth. 1 cup heavy cream. And either xantham gum or Glucomannan (Konjac root) which is what I use. It looked like a lot on that waffle but it was barely any of the pan! I brown first, then add liquids and then add the thickener (gum or root) and just add as it thickens to my liking. Salt and pepper to taste.

('Jackie P') #92

Beef stock (a jelly cube works too), maybe a little wine (!) or tbsp red wine vinegar, herbs, reduce, reduce, reduce! Add a few drips of double cream or a few knobs of butter. :yum:

(Bob M) #93

Very interesting, @ monsterjuice.

I have tried the @CrackerJax technique (using butter) for sauces, but I’ve always had to resort to a thickener. Usually arrowroot, as that’s what we have. Maybe I’m not reducing it enough? This could be true, as I usually have everything ready…but the sauce, and likely don’t want to take the time to reduce.

(Jeremy Storie) #94

Everything bagel chaffel :grin:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #95

Are you sure, that’s a lot of Xanthan gum. I would think a teaspoon might be borderline. I have never worked with Konjac flour. Tip for thickening with Xanthan gum, mix it with a tablespoon of oil and let it set for 10 minutes. Mix again and pour into the bubbling sauce and mix. No lumps! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #96

They are talking about sausage gravy, an American thing, basically béchamel sauce with breakfast sausage in it and lots of black pepper. On biscuits (not cookies!) or or without the sausage over breaded thin beef steak known as chicken fried steak here. Yummy stuff! :cowboy_hat_face:

(Ashley) #97

I don’t really use xantham gum so I may be wrong with the measurement. But that’s why I said I add as I go.

(Ashley) #98

Like David mentioned I don’t use xantham gum so you may want to add slow, I prefer Konjac root!

We use about a 1/4 teaspoon to our cream and cheese for a skinny baking dish of cauliflower mac and cheese.

(Will knit for bacon. ) #100

I saw some recipes for glazed donut chaffles but I don’t have any glazed donut skinny syrup. I do have sugar-free caramel syrup. So 1 egg, 1 oz cream cheese, 1 tbsp almond flour, 2 tbsp syrup.

Holy. Yum. These may be my new kryptonite.