Chaffles

(Doing a Mediterranean Keto) #616

My mom has said the same about the olive oil. But I think it cannot be, since the three times I have done chaffles, the three times I have had a bitter taste. And I only have added olive oil this time.

The olive oil is strong, but not bitter.

(KCKO, KCFO) #617

Just wondering how your elimination of dairy experiment is going? Are you still not eating it or did you not see any results from doing it?

(Susan) #618

I didn’t lose any weight from doing without it for 5 weeks, so I re-introduced it at that time, but in limited quanitity. I still have some dairy free days (like yesterday) but I have been having some HWC in coffee/tea during my lunch or supper time, and I have had cream cheese a few times, but I am trying to have limited amounts of dairy. I did the protocol for 6 weeks and I lost 1 pound, so it seemed to just follow the pace I normally lose at. So I haven’t been fasting this month, I want to do the Zorn Fast next Thursday, but it will be depend how my hubby’s brain surgery goes on Monday, and when they release him, etc. as well =).

I am going to try the Fasting protocol again in January and see if it helps =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #619

Hope all goes well for your hubby.

I had done the skipping dairy for a month on another plan, it did nothing for me. In fact, if I don’t get in yogurt, I get :poop: issues. I don’t do milk, just HWC, yogurt and cheeses.

(Susan) #620

I am trying to not eat cheese very often, and the HWC I have most days. I haven’t had any yogurt at all since starting Keto last February. I like to have cream cheese on peppers, wrapping them in ham or bacon once in a while, so I was missing that. I am going to have that for lunch today -it is 12:32 and I eat at 1pm and 4:30 or a bit earlier, so time to make that soon =).

Thanks for the well wishes for my hubby, I appreciate that. I know he has a great surgeon that has done the operation (brain shunt with a tube running down to his stomach) a lot of times, but I am a worrier so I still am nervous. I don’t drive so I have been stocking up on food, necessities and all the Christmas things I need. Last shopping is tomorrow night - and my list is very detailed and organized so I think everything will be good =).

(traci simpson) #621

I was trying to do carnivore and I noticed that I didn’t use HWC because I wasn’t really drinking coffee. Once I added some small amount of carbs I started drinking coffee again so looks like its back to tea and the occasional coffee.

(Troy) #622

Those that are interested :smile:

In the U.S. right now
634PM PST

About 5 Colors at ( $9.99 ) of the Dash Mini Waffle makers are an additional $2.50 off

Arrives after Christmas
Sorry😢

Enjoy!!

(Steve) #623

That’s a great deal, Thanks!

(Steve) #624

Good luck today Mom, I’m sure everything will go smoothly with your top notch surgeon.

(Doing a Mediterranean Keto) #625

Today I have done 2 chaffles with an egg (slightly less than 60g), 60g of almond flour, 60g of Greek yogurt & cream cheese, a bit of oil, and a bit of baking powder, xantham gum and psyllium husk. I have add some oil to the metal, and I have added, as a special ingredient, some “tikka masala” powder (red).

The tikka masala powder gives a wonderful taste. Leaving the chaffle longer in the machine makes the consistency better, in my opinion.

I eat half a chaffle every time I eat them, with about 140 calories, which is fine (in line with the recommendations of Valter Longo for snacks).

Chaffles are a keeper.

(Susan) #626

Thank you, Steve, it was indeed a great success. He had the surgery yesterday morning and they released him this morning! I bused there and we cabbed home, and he is sleeping now. He is in pain but doing well =).

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #627

Terrific news, Mom! :kissing_heart::kissing_heart:

(Susan) #628

Thank you, Rebecca =).

(KCKO, KCFO) #629

Ah, I am so very happy to read this. Already released is fantastic news. Hope he heals quickly as well.

(Steve) #630

I’m glad it went well!
Hopefully he has a speedy recovery.

(Susan) #631

Thank you @Jamboribs abd @collaroygal

He is feeling really good (except the pain) and I have to keep telling him to relax (he thinks he is superman and trying to do too much, silly guy!).

We caught him about to put the garbage outside last night, our 21 year old stopped him and was like “no, dad, I will do that” --we keep telling him we love him and don’t want him falling, hurting himself,etc. He just thinks he is invincable, hehe.

(back and doublin' down) #632

Appears he too wants to feel productive and contribute, and he still has several more weeks of recuperating! Good luck keeping him still and resting :green_heart:

meanwhile ~ did chaffles last night with one egg, tablespoon of almond flour, tablespoon of HWC, pinch of baking powder and one ounce of mozzarella cheese. A little eggy tasting, but with the sausage and a bit of sugar free syrup, absolutely divine! Love my little mini dash!

(Susan) #633

Yes, he is usually very helpful doing things a lot, so it is hard to keep him stationary, hehe. He has never ever been lazy, but we are encouraging him to rest enough for now, hehe.

Others have suggesting making them with just the egg white to avoid the eggy taste, so maybe try that and see if it helps?

(back and doublin' down) #634

well…my favorite chaffle recipe is the ‘white bread’ one with egg white, cream cheese, baking powder and I use coconut flour instead of almond flour. I’ve used that same basic and added a little vanilla and sweetener. Now drooling :slight_smile:

(Susan) #635

Okay, great =).