Chaffles

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #448

Thanks for this! I too had given up with all the pop ups and adverts before I got to the recipe!

Interesting to see mayonnaise as an ingredient - last week I was feeling creative when making an omelette and squeezed in some mayonnaise when I was beating the eggs. Made for more of a calzone than an omelette - very interesting!

Excited to try these chaffles!

(Deborah ) #449

Thank you so much!

(Full Metal KETO AF) #450

@Jamboribs So Steve I picked up a sandwich press like you made the brownies in for $2.50 at the Goodwill this morning. I was wondering about where to start egg and cheese wise for that. I don’t want to go sweet for my first attempt. I will be trying Muenster Cheese since I have that. Slightly higher and different fat to protein compared to full fat Mozzarella. For 30g of Cheese

Mozzarella 6.4g each of Fat and Protein

Muenster 9.6g Fat and 7.5g Protein

I see you used two eggs in the brownie recipe. Did you only fill 3 of the 4 cups?

I was thinking 2 Eggs / 60g. Muenster Cheese, I was going to use the blend method. What do you think? :cowboy_hat_face:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #451

I needed to eat dinner so I went for it.

Garlic Herb Chaffle Wedges. I added a tablespoon of almond flour to what I posted with salt, garlic granules and Italian seasoning. I brushed the cooker with Bacon Grease. Pretty good. They suck up the juice well and I got really full before finishing this. :cowboy_hat_face:

Done, I couldn’t resist when I found out about these.

Chaffle Monte Cristo. Wonderful!

(Ashley) #454

Here’s a taco salad chaffle bowl recipe using the mini dash bowl. Kinda want one now! https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6Ze3NDa8Nog

(Full Metal KETO AF) #455

How inspired! I love them.

(Is that strawberry jam?) :cowboy_hat_face:

(Kristen Ann) #456

Can’t wait to see your chaffle bowl pics!

I can’t say enough about how delicious it was. I made homemade raspberry jelly for it, after seeing this video.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #458

I like them with jam and sour cream. And Jarlsberg. I used to make it with French Toast and really made a Dagwood out of it! :cowboy_hat_face:

I need this! :joy:

I will definitely post some. I will probably do a taco salad bowl first.

My Chaffle Making Setup – Dash mini-waffle maker, on my kitchen scale, with beaten eggs in a shaker cup, and finely shredded Italian blend cheese in my Lock & Lock container. I make the chaffles by adding 10 grams of shredded cheese, then 25 grams of beaten eggs, then 10 grams of shredded cheese.

Imgur

('Jackie P') #462

Happiness is … .

A painless visit to the dentist,

Coming home to find my new chaffle machine has arrived 2 days early,

And slipping easily into a new pair of size 14 skinny jeans that aren’t elasticated ! I’m still a work in progress but its a new victory. :hugs:

Unhappiness is … .

Coming home to a house that still smells of camembert and sprouts :confused:

I’m out to lunch with the ladieeeees today but will play chaffling later :kissing_heart:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #463

A perfect day all round, Jackie!

Here’s a snap of my half-eaten lunchtime chafflewich on my desk for inspiration! Have fun with Andrew James later!

(Yesterday’s chaffles were a little messy - the eggs were bigger than normal. Today I used just two eggs to make four chaffles (lunch for two) and that was perfect with no mess to clear up. Pictured is one of two servings, made with a blended mix of 2 eggs, 6 tbsp grated mozzarella, a knob of butter and half a tsp baking powder. Who needs bread…?!)

(Steve) #464

$2.50, a great deal!

I added all the ingredients to a large measuring cup and whizzed it up. Pour on to the preheated greased iron. It made 6 very small chaffles.
David, we are the only ones with this type of sandwich maker that I know of.
First of all it is a different volume and shape then the mini or the square iron. I see that you used the whizzed up fluffy method for your first go.I haven’t tried muenster yet but I bet it’s really good. We started out using the sandwich maker iron for savory and sweet but have now dedicated it to just sweet chaffles because I don’t want a garlic salt or peppery taste in the sweet chaffle or cinnamon in the savory. This way it’s a simple paper towel clean up between cooks. We whiz up a batter for the sweet and pour it on to the preheated greased iron. After a few goes it’s easy to figure out how much batter it needs to make a perfect chaffle. Our whizzed up sweet batters change all the time and rise differently when we use almond flour, coconut flour, baking powder and berries or chocolate. Whizzing up the mixture also injects air into the batter so that is another reason for us to go freestyle.
We have also found that beating up a few eggs and storing them in a clean pourable bottle is really convenient. Keep some grated cheese in a container to simplify the chaffle making process.
For the crispy savory chaffle (my favorite) I sprinkle cheese on to the preheated greased iron first then pour beaten egg to just below the lip. Again if there are changes like almond flour and baking powder it changes the texture and rise. If you want to use the chaffle as a hamburger bun, rest the cooked chaffle on a baking rack and it will firm up nicely. I’m sure you will catch on quickly with all the possible combinations and cooking times.
BTW, I measure all the time when I use the square iron and mini to be consistent.
Here is the golden brown crispy cheese on one side sandwich method

(Steve) #465

Nice set up!
For anyone with the Mini Dash iron, this is exactly the way to make them perfect every time
Thanks

(Steve) #466

Fancy with the temperature control, nice! I really like the square irons.

(KCKO, KCFO) #467

Was this made in the waffle bowl maker? I’m fasting and this looked like something I would want to eat.