Chaffles

I’ve also found that when I let the waffle overflow, those edges taste much more like egg. I guess because they aren’t cooked as much.

(Wendy) #408

Okay il try it! Thank you!!!

(Mame) #409

I wonder if this is part of my problem. To me the chaffles taste like over-cooked egg and cheese, which I like, but I would rather have creamy scrambled eggs instead…

I have tried different cheeses and also chicken and duck eggs.

But it seems like others @Meerkatsandy and @KetoSnaps are using the same type of rectangular maker that I am and are having great success… I really do not want to buy another appliance.

oh well.

Have you tried just the egg whites, like those they sell in the cartons?

(Mame) #411

No, but I want to eat the yolks, not the just the whites.

However I guess I could experiment with it the next time I make hollandaise sauce. I will try to remember just for the heck of it.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #412

What’s your batter like? I use an immersion blender to blend butter, 3 eggs, 8 spoonfuls grated mozzarella and just under half a tsp baking powder to make four chaffles (for sandwiches for two people). I find when I blend the cheese in (rather than adding it as grated cheese) I get a much more neutral non cheese non egg flavour. We use them for wrapped sandwiches to take to work, and they’re not far off bread in texture or flavour.

I don’t know if I’m having such good success :joy: I decided to take a break from dairy, so I haven’t been experimenting lately…they would definitely need some more adjustments.
I wanted to try a poffle - pork rind+egg, but I’ve been lazy lately…maybe next week :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #414

Quick (as in made in too much of a hurry - yes, I know what the first picture looks like and I’m sorry if it’s put you off your dinner) chaffle snack for Mr Snaps before he headed out on an evening job. Would have been less unsuccessful if I’d added - rather than forgotten - the baking powder!

Meet what was greeted as ‘floppy wet wannabe pizza’. To be fair he DID eat it… #ungratefulwretch

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #415

@Meerkatsandy I NEED poffles in my life, if only for the name! I think I’m in love…

Poffles sound very british, very fancy :joy:
I came across Brenda’s recipe for pork rind pancakes and my hamster of a brain started running the wheel :wink:
The first would be 1 egg+1 tbsp of crushed pork rinds and then continue increasing the amount of pork rinds, if necessary, maybe add some baking powder? i smell an experiment :slight_smile:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #417

Tempted to adopt this phrase as my ‘raison d’etre’! You’re definitely talking my language!

(Polly) #418

until you are eating delicious keto pork rinds with nothing added?

:joy:

@Polly1 @KetoSnaps maybe just cut out the middle man (egg), put the wafflemaker back in the pantry and attack pork rinds straight from the bag? :joy:

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #420

:rofl::rofl::rofl:

(Polly) #421

Mmmmmm!! perfection

(Failed) #422

OK, youse guys talked me into it. I’m heading to Target for a Dash mini waffle maker.

I’ll be making a hybrid keto buns/chaffle recipe for mini pizza crusts, make them into pizzas & freezing for quick microwave pizzas for hubby.

my husband and I tried these waffles, the actual waffle, a few times ( I substituted almond flour with sesame flour, it was on sale and I bought it in bulk) and they were very nice. My husband used them as a pizza base, they crisped up on the sides in the oven and the center was compact enough to carry all the juiciness from the toppings.

@Polly1 @KetoSnaps testing over, pork rinds straight:joy::joy:

Ditto. This evening, I created a batter by first using my Magic Bullet to turn my shredded cheese into a powder, then added the eggs. Very close to bread. They tasted great with butter and syrup on them, but were a bit fragile for use as buns on my burger. Although it was a big burger:

(Bob M) #425

I’ll try pulverizing the cheese today to see what happens. Will report back.

(Steve) #426

Brownie Chaffle
Our sweet chaffle iron is smaller and different than most irons so the best way to explain the recipe is blend up the ingredients and pour on to a preheated greased iron.

Ingredients for 3 brownies
2 eggs
2 Tbsp cream cheese
1 Tbsp 100% coco powder or to taste
1 Tbs coconut flour
1/2 tsp baking powder
1 Tbsp of butter or coconut oil
Sweetener of your choice (taste as you add it to see if it is sweet enough for your tastes)
Blend up and pour

We serve the brownie with cream cheese icing and butter.
These brownies will hold up well for a packed lunch with no problem.