Chaffles

The shape of those is making think about some kind of chaffle fries… hmmmm! :thinking:

UPDATE: Well, whaddya know?

(Diane) #242

Weight should almost always be used… period. But especially with baking.

:grin:

(MooBoom) #244

Eeek- I researched extensively for a week before I decided chaffles were highly likely going to be a huge part of my life (and they are…) which would justify buying the Breville smart 4 waffle maker. It was a stupid expensive purchase but I’m making chaffles every eating day, and other than difficulty of cleaning, I love the machine and don’t regret the purchase.

If you can get your hands on the Dash mini waffle maker with the correct power cord for AU, it’d do fine if you’re not going to be going as chaffle crazy as moi!

Today’s chaffle was tuna, cheddar and chive

(Steve) #245

Wow that looks really crispy!

I agree to be consistent on every perfect chaffle…measure measure

(MooBoom) #246

I would promise to try and do better with this, but I know myself well enough not to :zipper_mouth_face:
Apologies from this very imprecise intuitive cook!

(MooBoom) #247

can’t go past the cheese/egg/cheese method for crispy chaffles! And minimal egg.

(Mary) #248

Thanks Monique. I suspect chaffles are going to be a huge thing in my life, too, but we’re only in Australia for a few more months so I find that sort of expense hard to justify. I’ve been scouring second hand shops…

(MooBoom) #249

Now that’s an awesome idea! You might find a great bargain and I’ll bet there are plenty around!

(Bob M) #250

One thing I’ve noticed is that the cheese seems to make a difference. Weighing everything and using cheddar instead of mozzarella caused more of an overflow.

Kmart sell one for $30.

(Full Metal KETO AF) #252

@Countdown2020 Happy Birthday Mary!
:bacon::bacon::cut_of_meat::cut_of_meat::birthday::tada::balloon::gift::cowboy_hat_face:

I’ve read the entire thread and my waffle maker just arrived :slight_smile:
Now I need to go back and look up some recipes. Can’t wait.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #254

That’s tomorrow’s lunches made! Wonder how well they’ll hold up in the fridge in cling film until then?

Mr S had a keto roll for his packed lunch today. He liked it, but then said he would have preferred a Chaffle sandwich! So that’s what we’re both taking to work tomorrow.

Honestly, we have gone from a ‘we do not need keto substitutes’ household to TWO acceptable forms of bread-free bread in the blink of an eye…!

Oh no. I think I need to buy an air fryer now. :joy:

I’d like an update on how these hold up. They sure do look good and if they hold up well, sammiches for lunch may be on my meal plan for the week!

This chaffle was perfect for texmex or southwestern flavors. I added a lot of cumin, chile pepper flakes, salt, pepper, and a tablespoon of habanero salsa to the mixture of cheddar and egg. Turned out great. I had a very ripe avocado ready for smashing, added more chile pepper flakes and a few drops of lime juice.

Yup! I bought me the Dash compact model. $30-$40, depending on color. I love mine for jalapeño poppers! It’s also fantastic for reheating and re-crisping chaffles.

(Rebecca 🌸 Frankenfluffy) #259

I’ll report back, definitely! :+1:

(Bob M) #260

If you could freeze some chaffles and use the air fryer to heat and crisp them, that would be good. (I don’t have an air fryer, but Christmas is coming…)

(Mary) #261

Thank you, Chris! I can do $30, just not $100.

It must be my anniversary of joining this forum, but thanks for noticing!