Chaffles

(bulkbiker) #201

Its probably 110 volts too? so beware of plugging it into a 240 volt mains without a regulator/adapter of some kind or it may go bang!

(Becky) #202

So years ago my husband got me a combo thingy, it’s is a little grill with interchangeable plates you put in for different cooking options, I’ve long since thrown away the paperwork since I usually only used the griddle plates…well by George I was digging around in the cabinet and woohoo it has waffle plates!!! This was my first attempt last night, I’m a choffle addict now!

My apologies for it being ugly as sin, I got so excited I ate half before I thought about a picture!

('Jackie P') #203

Oh blimey, now I’m scared :worried:

('Jackie P') #204

Its 120v and I have ordered an adaptor :roll_eyes:

(Steve) #205

We have dedicated one chaffle iron for savory chaffles and another iron for sweet. We made some sweet chaffles the other night but had the taste of garlic salt from a previous burger chaffle, pretty gross. Our waffle plates are built in so it’s difficult to wash.

(Steve) #206

Nice, there are so many combination recipes to try

(bulkbiker) #207

Don’t be scared just careful… that’s the problem with electrical goods from the states…diff voltage.

('Jackie P') #208

Thank you for the warning and advice :slightly_smiling_face:

(Susan) #209

You can buy them from Amazon, Jacqueline. I bought one for my daughters when they were going to Australia for a month and it worked out great for them =). The bad news, is it was about $20 --so more money then the Waffle maker…

('Jackie P') #210

Yes Mom, I had one ordered within 5 minutes of receiving it! :joy:

(Susan) #211

Okay, great =).

I would be VERY surprised if what you needed was an adapter… that would imply this baby can run on 220. The technical specs from the manual are

TECHNICAL SPECIFICATIONS

Voltage 120V ~ 60Hz
Power Rating 350W
Stock#: DMW001_20170615_V5

An adapter merely allows you to run high voltage in through the appliance. Works on PCs because they are designed for EITHER 110/220.

You would need a transformer. That’s not a 20$ item. Much better to buy a 220 waffle iron.

Keep a flashlight handy for when you blow a fuse/circuit breaker.

That is unless you properly have ordered an actual voltage converter which is in fact a step down transformer.

('Jackie P') #213

Does anyone wanna buy a cheap chaffles maker? :slightly_frowning_face:

Be sure to check out the pizza chaffles video on the “Serious Keto” channel on YouTube:

(Full Metal KETO AF) #215

Jacqueline you can send it to me, but I don’t want to pay shipping! I get that free with Prime. :grin:

(Susan) #216

I made amazing Chaffles for lunch -it was super duper delicious.

I made 2 Chaffles -with mozzarella cheese, egg, some bacon bits, then cheese.

For the filling I microwaved an egg in a little dish, then added bacon bits, 2 slices of ham and grated cheese on top, melted that on it.

I buttered both Chaffles right when they were hot, assembled it all, and what an amazing Keto McChaffle (as in like an Egg Mcmuffin but totally not). It was fabulous =).

('Jackie P') #217

It’s just come from your neck of the woods!
It was a bargain - not!

(Steve) #218

Nice, I think you got the hang of it now.
Have you tried pizza chaffles yet?

(Susan) #219

Yes the other day I made a BLT Chaffle for lunch and for supper two pizza ones! I am loving them a lot =).

(Bob M) #220

Will check that out.