Carnivore info please

and VE I SO appreciate your personal real life experiences on this! That was a fab post to no end truly, cause those ‘who truly go all in’ and learn truths about their physical bodies and differences you have mean so much. Again, many won’t and go ‘all in’ and learn. You are quite the smartie on that one LOL You do for you thru experinece and I so commend that!!!

(Elizabeth ) #84

when you buy meat it’s labeled as to weight- also for example, McD 1/4 pounders- have 8 for the day (and perhaps add fat- they are cooked so most of the fat renders out)

(Scott) #85

I can only say what I do and it is sure to not conform to all but that’s okay, I am here for me and to share. I had no heath issues when I ate plants but feel great without them. Maybe I will feel bad if I start back up eating plants but don’t feel a pressing need to try. To the OP I like fatty meats the best and mix the bacon grease into my eggs in the morning. I don’t count, measure or limit. I eat as much meat as I care to but I should probably cut back on the pork rinds. I like spice and wasabi on my salmon. I will sometimes put a marinade on my steak or chicken and I suppose a carb or two sneak in there. I also enjoy low carb beer and wine. Other than that I am very rigid about no plants. I have no trouble getting a burger with a side of fries and not touching them. My keto wife always eats them, go figure. Be strict or ish if that works for you and only you can make that call. Six months ago I decided I wanted to try this crazy carnivore for a month to see what happens. I liked it and stayed with it. I also found it an easier way to regulate my weight and blood lipids. Good luck on your journey!

good post.

it boils down to let the newbie come into the plan as guided and if and when things change thru their personal experiences, very cool on that :slight_smile: We can spout experience and years changing our ways, I sure can :wink: but in the end, entrance to THIS PLAN is key for a new person.
just my thoughts on it

(Scott) #87

Never done carnivore but looks interesting . On this diet can you eat hotdogs as I know some have 1 carb per dog and hard boiled eggs have 3. Or are eggs frowned upon with the dairy aspect . I would like to try but have eggs at home hotdogs and Schneider hot rods all have carbs . And if I eat eggs I need butter .Also can find zero carbs bacon

(Alex) #88

@jscott1967

Eggs and butter are fine :slight_smile: hotdogs are meh and I wouldn’t recommend them as a primary meat source, but you can eat what you have and then choose sausages that are grain/potato-free and are just meat and spices next time.

(Karen) #89

I have been keto woe for about 5 months now so still a newbie. I like the idea of carnivore and have found this thread very interesting. I have a question: I have found while keyo-ing that I have had a fair bit of constipation (no problems with this before keto). In my mind i am thinking surely doing carnivore will increase this? Am I to believe that over time this will correct itself? All you carnivores can’t be suffering with this or you wouldn’t be doing this woe? Thank you. Apologies if it was covered … I didn’t notice as i read through every post

(Scott) #90

Thanks I find plain sausage really dry and the ones with flavour have a bunch of carbs

(Alex) #91

I haven’t had any issues with constipation, although the frequency of my bathroom trips is less. I believe this is common. I don’t think people would stick with it for years if they were suffering in the bathroom!

The general advice is to lower the amount cheese and eggs if you’re constipated, and/or up your fat intake. Conversely if you’re at risk of disaster pants then lower fat intake.

You might find your digestion is odd at first as your gut adapts, but there’s plenty of folk in the zc challenge threads who can help if you want to give it a try :slight_smile:

(Scott) #92

I think of hot dogs as processed food and prefer to avoid that type of food but that’s my preference. When I was attempting to eat low carb I did count the one and two carb foods, heck sugar free gum is one carb per piece. After going carnivore I don’t sweat the incidental carbs in meat and eggs. This has me thinking now. Is it even possible to mathematically be a pure true zero carb eater?

(Edith) #93

I have the opposite on carnivore.

(Edith) #94

Carnivore is not really zero carb, it is zero non animal foods. Some animal foods, i.e. shellfish, liver, and some others do actually have a little bit of carb, but it’s negligible.

(Alex) #95

Would a diet of just ribeye steaks be literally zero carb? Cronometer says they don’t have any carbs.

Not arguing about the zerocarb name just curious!

(Ethan) #96

Theoretically, there is some tiny carb amount in a ribeye, but it should pretty much all be gone. Now, there is disagreement in the community about whether organ meats are an optimization or a longterm requirement.

(Karen) #97

Thank you - Hmm might be the cheese then… I do like cheese … I sometimes eat eggs daily, usually only 2 as an omelette or scrambled and then may not eat them for a couple of days or so.

(Scott) #98

Thanks , eat the 4 dogs left then Inwill
Look to try this . The cost of vegetables in the fall
And winter go thru the roof . It’s crazy

(Karen) #99

I was really surprised at how many carbs were in liver. I chose it in a cafe thinking it would be okay until I went to put it on Cronometer… should have checked first which is what I ordinarily do!

(Scott) #100

Sorry Paul. When you say backwards does that mean that it’s 70 percent protein and 30 fat . If yes can you give me a rough idea of how many grams of protein and how many of fat per day . And I will adjust as I move forward

(Ethan) #101

It should be (really roughly) 1g of carbs per 1 oz of liver. Generally, a serving is 4 oz, but people may eat multiple servings of course. However, I think it is somewhat rare (pun always intended) and not really recommended to eat too much liver anyway. Thus, if you do eat 8 oz every 2 weeks, you are only getting 8 grams every 2 weeks of carbs. Yes, that isn’t 0g, but the nutrients in liver are well worth those incidental carbs for most people.

Zero Carb Diet: Breath in… Breath out…

:wink: