Carnivore info please

(Scott) #1

I am looking at going carnivore for a month . Why are some examples of a days worth of eating . I find the veggies filled me up . I only eat lunch and supper and I have noticed I have been eating to much cheese and although I can prove it I have been eating to much jello ( no moltitol) I saw a recipe and it was make sugar free jello popsicles but not sure if fake sugar is affecting weight loss . Always under 20 carbs fats about 110 ,calories around 1500-1700. Not starving just the way it’s going . Proteins 110-120

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #2

Start here:

18%20PM

Explore the blog.

Carnivore is simple. No plants of any kind.

All meat. All seafood and if you want ‘strict’ for your ‘intro. into it’ to go full elimination drop your dairy intake also.

Just meat and seafood and alot of it.

Steak and eggs
lamb chops
eat a whole rotisserie chicken
a lb. of shrimp
crab, mussels, oysters, scallops
any and all fish you love to eat…salmon, flounder and more
any roasts
anything from the meat dept…lol…ribs, chops, steaks, chicken of any kind, duck, goose, deer, elk, bison

eat anything you want at any time. Steak for breakfast if you want and have eggs and bacon with a roast for dinner. It doesn’t matter how you do it…just eat animal kingdom only.

if you want more relaxed a bit of cheese can be used, but if you want ‘strict’ carnivore then drop that and then after 30 days you add back some cheese and see how you do on it.

You got this…come over into the zero carb/carnivore area of this forum and ask all the questions you need. We have alot of videos and info on the zero carb/carnivore plan to read. Just eat as you need. Never restrict. Never limit on purpose. Eat when hungry, don’t eat when not. Drink good water and see how ya do :slight_smile: best of luck

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #4

I’ve never seen a cat (an obligate carnivore) pass up a bowl of milk…:grin:

ohhhh no milk on carnivore. go heavy cream but no milk HAHA

yea cheese in truth is something I do well on…so many find they kinda need to dump dairy and I feel for them cause a small bit of cheese on a burger is still heaven to me :slight_smile: Luckily I never craved it like some love to eat alot of cheese and we all know dairy ain’t the best of the best but a little bit is sure enjoyable.

(Bob M) #6

There’s a lot of dairy in the animal kingdom. I don’t see why there’s so much animus against dairy.

(Michael - When reality fails to meet expectations, the problem is not reality.) #7

@ctviggen My guess would be that humans evolved eating meat/fat for many thousands of years before some brave ancestor suckled a wild goat or something to determine whether or not the white fluid was similar to human milk. My second guess would be this brave heart was a woman with a newborn and not much milk of her own. Recall the myth of Romulus and Remus and similar myths in other cultures. The human relationship with animals started to change when our ancestors discovered that a reliable supply of dairy nutrients was readily available. Modern carnivory, like many ‘modern’ imitations of past reality, is as much an ideology as a way to eat a more natural, healthy human diet.

(Bacon is a many-splendoured thing) #8

There are two issues with dairy: milk sugars (lactose and galactose) and milk proteins (casein, whey protein, etc.). The human race evolved to stop utilising lactose and galactose after weaning, but two mutations, one among the Maasai and another among northern Europeans, allow many adults nowadays to consume lactose and galactose with no ill effect. Many people who are not lactose-intolerant, however, still have sensitivities to the milk proteins.

Of course, if one’s goal is to avoid carbohydrates, then dairy products that contain lactose and galactose should be avoided. There is no reason to avoid them on a carnivore diet, however; since the essence of a carnivore diet is to eat plant-free, not necessarily carbohydrate-free. (Otherwise, carnivores would have to worry about muscle and liver glycogen.)

(Scott) #9

Thanks , the cheese is the hard one . Butter on steak but can live without . What is the feeling on processed meat ( pepperoni sticks etc . Has more carbs and fat and protein than I would have thought

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #10

Just read the labels…

Processed meat usually has added sugar and other questionable ingredients.

Like all meat, it should be high in protein.

(Scott) #11

Thanks, just don’t know some of the hidden names. I know syrups and the obvious fake sugars

(Gregory - You can teach an old dog new tricks.) #12

Anything that ends in " -ose ", is inevitably some kind of sugar.

(Edith) #13

You might find this useful in getting started with carnivore.

We also have the Oxtoberfest carnivore challenge going on. It’s not too late to join in.

it is simple that dairy is not natural. it is man made. milk was rare as a ‘go to constant supply in the wild’ obviously and mankind was not out ‘hunting cheese’

dairy can have alot of allergy/sensitivity properties for many.

dairy is not animal kingdom as in ‘had parents’ and is out walking or swimming around in full nature. So dairy, while animal, other than natural raw milk, is man made and to be watched for sensitivity use per individual.

that kinda covers what dairy is all about on carnivore. It is a very personal addition to the zc menu if you do well on it.

processed meats are ‘kinda ok’ if you read labels but, for the very least, your intro into the first 30 days one should try to stay fresh meat/seafood/fish. Of course if you have to have some pepperoni, then have it LOL but the fresher meat/seafood/fish you choose the better your adaption and later, after your 30 days or so you can introduce some processed things, but do so carefully. Man made products are always cautioned in a way, fresh is best.

(Ethan) #16

I went back to eating every other day now (Saturday, Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday), so I eat more on those days than normal. I generally eat about 2-10 eggs for breakfast, but I will often throw away at least a few of the white parts when I crack them. Lunch is usually some beef or lamb. Dinner is beef or fish. I do eat chicken, but only maybe every other week. I do eat some cheese and even mushrooms on occasion. Generally, I average about 1.5 pounds of meat per day (including the days where I am fasting).

this is not carnivore advice.

Carnivores eat no plant products. This is not good current advice to be giving to a newbie wanting to come into this plan.

I understand you want to be lax on this plan, but to mention eating plants on a carnivore plan for a newbie requesting information on how to correctly do the plan is irresponsible.

(Ethan) #18

I understand you want to be lax on this plan, but to mention eating plants on a carnivore plan for a newbie requesting information on how to correctly do the plan is irresponsible.

Mushrooms aren’t plants.

omg you have to be kidding me…don’t go down this crazy fungus is like animal products crazy path.

No plants at all. Period. No fungus. Period. Carnivores eat ANIMAL kingdom only. It truly can’t be more simple. If one wants to eat a heavy protein based, extreme low carb menu like yours, then yea go for it and I am sure you do well on it, but eating plants and fungus or any plant matter on this plan is not what carnivore is about at all.
I can’t say it any simpler than that truly. Your advice in truly wrong.

(Ethan) #20

Fungus is not an animal or a plant. Go a head and Google it. Look it up! Mushrooms are in the kingdom “fungi.” Plants are in the kingdom “plantae.” Animals are in the kingdom “animalia.”

QUOD ERAT DEMONSTRANDUM.