Ava_ad0re's arse scenery thread

fasting

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #321

Bugger me I am so BUSY today I can’t even do my work out, now i’ll have to do it at home…

at 10am I started trying to watch a phinney video, every time i finish what im doing i go back to the video, its now 2:10 and I’ve watched 3.15 minutes of the video, LOL. Im almost forgetting the context.

Boo! This is getting out of hand :tired_face:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #323

Back in the gym today.
Did a freestyle workout but wasn’t really overly impressed with my lack of motivation nor direction so I’ve decided to switch back to my 5x5, but from the beginning.

I’m also going to closely monitor my food, I’m lazy keto somewhat but I seem to conveniently forget the times that I cheat and they never add up right in my head :joy::joy:

So because this is my ACCOUNTABILITY THREAD, I promise to check in for the next 30 days, every day, with no lying to myself about true food intake.

So today I was kinda naughty, unexpected morning tea at work but I forced myself to goto gym for 30 mins…
Thinking I might actually start a fast tonight after I goto Grill’d and get a no carb burger.

10 x 20kg squats
10 x 25kg squats
8 x 30kg squats
10 x 20kg bench press
10 x 20kg bench press
10 x 15kg sumo squats
Tried a few pullups - failed and pulled a muscle lol.
1 min HIIT run on the treadmill (still working on my breathing)

(The amazing autoimmune 🦄) #324

How’s the food tracking going?:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

(Chris) #325

Words are wind, more lifting!

(Doug) #326

:sunglasses: Nice reference.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #327

Hahahaha. Damnit. I felt so bad I didn’t update.
After that gym session I went home and my kid jumped at me from a ledge and I pulled all the muscles through my shoulder!

I’m back on deck tho, I’m starting to feel better.
Back to it today!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #328

Today’s food ; Coffee w/Cream
Tonight I shall make some salad, lamb cutlets and sweet potato fries
No workout as I want to give my shoulder another day and I am understaffed at work
Aiming for lunch tomorrow.

(Running from stupidity) #329

Before Steven started looking REALLY weird.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #330

Hahaha.
I may have snuck a few normal fries in there…
Oops.

Does look good though :sweat_smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #332

Smashed it :smiley:
DO plan on working out today!

So the neck is all good? Excellent :smile:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #334

Well nothing hurt when I woke up this morning and I’ve got my mobility back so I am going to restart my 5x5 program with the lightest weights and build from there.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #335

Your old threads are clogging up the homepage! I haven’t been on the forums in a while and they’re all coming up Katie!

We’re all jealous of you because most of us never get this level of aesthetic improvement. I’m stuck about 8 kilos above where I’d like to be, so cry me a river with your awesome modelesque photos!

My suggestion is about Chinese food, my favourite cuisine. I indulge in it occasionally. I’m Jewish and I live in NYC, and it’s practically in our Bible to smash Chinese food on Chrissy. Last Xmas I hit the same Chinese restaurant 3 times in 24 hours. So I think I qualify as a Chinese food connoisseur. Here’s how I do it and stay low carb (if not keto):

• I’m usually wearing an Abbott Freestyle Libre to monitor my glucose levels, so I can see if the food is impacting my blood sugar adversely. To my recollection no Chinese binge has hit me too hard. I also don’t care whether or not I’m in ketosis; I’m fat adapted and metabolically flexible.
  • People ask what I eat in general on LCHF. The answer that comes to mind is “meat and veg.” So that’s what I do with Chinese.
  • I tend to order loads of Peking duck, no pancakes, no hoisin sauce. I might dip a spoon in and taste the sauces, but the duck is tasty enough by itself. I think Peking duck requires a bit of sugar in the crispy skin, but imho the amount is probably minimal. Again, I’m constantly testing my glucose, so I know how much of an impact I’m having.
  • I dip the Peking duck in a bit of gluten free tamari sauce (which most Chinese restaurants do have on hand) which substitutes nicely for the tang of hoisin.
  • I order a delicious green side, like garlic Chinese spinach or bok choy or whatever.
  • If I want some diversity, I may order another main that’s heavy on meat. Beef with broccoli in the US is a standby. Chicken cashew nut too. Sizzling beef too. Again, definitely sugar in the sauce, but I don’t eat much of the sauce. Meat and veg.

Oddly, I don’t really miss the pancakes nor do I miss things like crispy beef or battered lemon chicken. And lemon chicken used to be my favourite thing ever.

Anyway, thought this might be of some help to a fellow low carb Chinese foodie. I’ll be demolishing some Chinese food in the next 3 weeks while I’m visiting Sydney. Any keto folks in Sydney Feb-March I’d love you to join me!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #336

Should I say sorry? Lol :stuck_out_tongue:

Jealousy implies resentment @gabe! i think you mean ‘envious’ :stuck_out_tongue:

Hey! ME TOO!

But the pancake is the best part, with that crunchy lil bit of shallot.

I DO!!!

Awe I wish! I’ll be on Hamilton island so can’t afford to do anything else between then and April lol.

I don’t think I am strong enough to resist the force of chinese food just yet, I’ve been a bit naughty lately, though I am trying to correct my mindset.

(Gabe “No Dogma, Only Science Please!” ) #337

:laughing: The Eight Kilo Curse!

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #338

Welp I did my work out
Started off at the beginning as I haven’t done this program for a few months
Modified it a wee bit as it seemed too easy

5 x 25kg squats
5 x 25kg squats
5 x 25kg squats
10 x 25kg squats
10 x 25kg squats

5 x 20kg bench press
5 x 20kg bench press
5 x 20kg bench press
10 x 20kg bench press
10 x 20kg bench press

5 x 20kg barbell rows
5 x 20kg barbell rows
5 x 20kg barbell rows
10 x 20kg barbell rows
10 x 20kg barbell rows

Woo no injuries, though I didn’t attempt a pull up so that’s probably why :joy:

Yay for accountability.

Noice :smile:

(Jane) #340

I bet your 8 kilos look a LOT better on you!!!

:rofl: