Ava_ad0re's arse scenery thread

fasting

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #1

I’ve decided to start one.

I seem to enjoy talking to myself lol.
I was going to stick to my fast, feast, fast routine this week but unfortunately yesterday I pulled a muscle in the gym doing over head presses and now I can barely move my neck.

Currently 19 hours in to my fast, planning from Tuesday evening to Sunday morning, my work is putting on a catered lunch for family in the park, and if you know me well, you’d know I don’t pass up a feed and piss!

I’m currently week 24, almost 6 months Keto.
When I first started Keto, I did not realise it would take me this long to reach this point, but I am kind of glad it has, it has really taught me how to be patient with my results.

I am so wrapped though, I bought this jumpsuit 2 years ago, I don’t even like it, it didn’t fit me at the time but last night I tried it on and it fit like a glove.

Wow. I am amazed at the definition when I’ve only been in the gym for 3 weeks

I’ve started getting out all of my old clothes which never fit to find they don’t even fit now, I am too small!

I bought some more blood test strips, I said I wouldn’t but they seem to motivate me when fasting even tho they make no fucking sense because of adaption, oh well, lol.

I made some bone broth last night, I was actually quite scared to because the first batch I ever made was GOD AWFUL and I probably wasted about 40$ in ingredients. I tried a different receipe that someone posted on the Zornfast thread and it worked out really well.

I think I can beat 3 days now that I have some broth, it seems to help my mental state by telling me i’m actually eating.

Anyways, feel free to join in on the banter, or not :slight_smile:

Nothing wrong with taking to yourself, I find really good answers with that approach.

(Eli) #3

I thought bone broth breaks a fast. It has calories right?

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #4

I never said what type of fast I am doing, lol.

Drinking home made broth provides phosphorus and other proteins and electrolytes, which reduces the chances of developing refeeding syndrome. Dr Fung recommends bone broth during fasting, it does not break a fast. I only drink 150ml at a time, which does not even equate to 40 calories.

(Eli) #5

Ah gotcha

(Troy) #6

Nicely said😄
Patience
So true
It’s WOE and not an over the counter fix🤣

And you are true testament to this WOE as well!
Great job
Congrats

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #7

Honestly at the beginning, that’s exactly how I approached it like every other person looking for a quick fix.

It wasn’t until I realised that regardless of researching keto, I had no idea what fat adaption was, so I just started researching and researching.

I spend about 7 hours a day on this forum, reading every new post. It’s like my bible, without the Jebus, maybe Keto can be the Jebus? Baha.

But yes, it has definitely transformed into a way of life.
I can’t imagine drinking soda or eating bread any more, it feels like pure poison past my tongue, and it is!

Thanks for following :slight_smile:

(Troy) #8

Speaking of Keto Evangelism😄
Just had a nice discussion today w a Walgreen rep
Went in to the entire fat adapted, WOE, and great feeling
Rep was way interested, then I noticed she was kinda getting confused :thinking:
Probably bcuz I get really excited and science sometimes
So to reel back in , I just said “ Keto “
Her eyes lit up like the Burning bush w Moses :smile:

She then said “ oh it’s Keto , my manager is on KETO. He lost 30 lbs “
:rage:
Geez…15 minutes of my speech later
Well why didn’t you say that b4!!!
Lol. It was more me than her. I kinda over did it

My point:
Simplify :rofl:

Slight OT

(Chris) #9

Yay welcome to n=1!

(Sam H) #10

Haha a Keto god.

If religion comes up, I say I’m a pastafarian… might need to reassess those beliefs.

:rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

My problem is, I understand a concept, but I can’t explain it. I may start off simple enough and then blow it, by getting long-winded. Twenty minutes later I think, “I just need to shut up.” :woozy_face:

This is so true for me, too!

I can’t believe how much soda, bread, etc. I used to eat, now the thought of eating it feels like it’s going to kill me with one bite. :face_vomiting:

(I Am The Egg Man ku-ku-kachoo) #13

Me!!
I’m getting better. Sometimes my “You’re being a bore!” Alarm goes off in only minutes rather than an hour into my diatribe.

(Troy) #14

Bingo! Yup!
Exactly @dlc96_darren and @GodwinGoGo

(Sam H) #15

Yes! Hardest bit is explaining why you’re doing it! So hard to summarise.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #16

Side Note: Chicken Bone Broth, what have I been doing with my life? So good.

(Blessed with butter ) #18

Can I just say you look beautiful in that outfit.

(Mike Glasbrener) #19

+1

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #20

Thank you Judy, that’s very sweet!