Ava_ad0re's arse scenery thread

fasting

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #301

Lol, brb making a cup of tea. I LOVE being an old lady. :smiley:
I’m 32 next month and everyone is like oh no it’s all down hill from here and I say are you kidding me? I love getting older! I am doing that shit gracefully i’d say :stuck_out_tongue:

(Running from stupidity) #302

Except … 32 is only old if you’re not old. #notevenclose

30 was depressing for me - still have no idea why - but after that? Good times :smiley:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #304

I like to think that life begins at 30, you have enough confidence and are happy enough with your own self that you can own your opinions, none of that niggling insecurity from my 20’s has presented itself in my 30’s, thank the lord. I know i’m certainly a lot more comfortable with myself now than I ever was back then.

True dat. I’ve no idea why it hit me like it did but by about 10 am I’d had enough & decided I’d be 31 instead - I actually cheered up :sweat_smile:

15 looooooong years of “good times”. :slight_smile:

Kind of flies by when you’re happy but it beats dragging things out through misery :wink:

(Doug) #308

:slightly_smiling_face: As the pace of political change picked up in the U.S. in the 1960s, with increasing unrest, a saying took hold, “Don’t trust anyone over 30.” – An old boy named Jack Weinberg, student and then teacher at the University of California, Berkeley.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #309

When I was a teen I thought turning 40 would be so glamorous. Fifty was ok. 60 not so much. I just have to remind myself I’m not yet 70.

The goalposts keep moving - you’ll be fabulous at 70 :wink:

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #311

I can’t wait until I feel old enough to justify spending more than 50 dollars on a pair of work slacks ;D hahah, style seems so much nicer as you get older, apart from those osty frocks some women insist on wearing… (not that there’s anything wrong with that, except for everything) :joy::joy::joy::joy:

This is what I have planned :grin: Iris is in her 90’s!

(Empress of the Unexpected) #313

If I die in summer, I will be buried in jeans and a tank. Winter - jeans and three sweatshirts.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #314

I felt 27/28 were the hardest. There was the pressure to do all the things before 30. By 29 it was too late really. After that I could just be me.

(Empress of the Unexpected) #315

I was totally okay until the big 60! Now I feel like I need the life alert thingy. But I’ve been a klutz all my life, so what is different now!

(Running from stupidity) #316

The trick is to be a failure all through life, then it just all melds together and no particular agree stands out or matters.

(Running from stupidity) #317

Hmmm, probably time to change the profile pic back, I think…

(Jane) #318

Love it!

Her eyes still look bright and alert.

:+1:

(Running from stupidity) #319

Another photo giving me seizures!

You’re welcome :grinning: