August ZornFast 2019

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #1

August ZornFast, Thursday, August 15th through Sunday August 18th. Here we go, guys! Join me!
We of the forum will be here to support you and answer your questions. Let us know what type of fast you have decided to do with us. Are you practicing TRE? Time Restricted Eating? 16/8? 18/6? Excellent. Are you learning intermittent fasting? Every other day? Extended days? Multi-day? All 4 days? Fantastic. The choice is yours.
The ZornFast is always the third Thursday of every month through the following Sunday. You may choose any type or length of fast you wish, or simply practice meal timing and use the support here to learn.
Everyone is welcome.
I started practicing monthly fasts February of 2016 and I still gain great benefit.
Join if you’d like, on whichever days you choose, we’ll support each other here.
I always do a water fast. (water/ black coffee & tea). The definition of a fast is open to your interpretation and needs. Some will need to do a fat fast. There are benefits to that type of fast as well.

I fast to target visceral (organ) fat and to promote autophagy, fasting also releases HGH for muscle growth. I follow Dr. Jason Fung. Matter of fact, his book “The Obesity Code ” is what started my venture into fasting nearly three years ago. Now I work as an educator for IDM, Dr. Jason Fung and Megan Ramos’ program!!
Because of the ketogenic diet I am no longer diabetic. Fasting managed to further improve my health dramatically since I have included it in my health regime. It has increased my insulin sensitivity.

Oh hey guys, try not to talk about food on this thread. I know it is tempting to discuss the foods you plan to break your fast with, but it can actually cause hunger in those reading your post (including me!) Thank you.

You may want to include this drink during your fast (or some version of it). I drink 2 bottles a day while fasting.

Messages and comments from me (Brenda, your fearless leader) and other members will be posted below!

(Tom Seest) #2

I’m in.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #3

Me too :heart:

(Cancer Fighting Ketovore :)) #4

I’m planning on fasting after supper on the 16th until supper on the 18th. I don’t have a whole bunch of visceral fat, per my last DEXA. I’ve got fat on my thighs I’d like to convert to muscle, however. I’m also fasting for autophagy. I may take some MCT oil during the fast, assuming it won’t mess with things too much.

(Tom Seest) #5

I’m gonna eat what you eat; whatever that is…

I might just give this a try :blush:

(Melissa Sellers) #7

I’m in

(Tom Seest) #8

I’ll be starting this afternoon, as my preferred time to start a fast is after a noon meal. I’m not sure how long I will fast, as I monitor things like HRV, Blood Pressure, and other stressors. But, it should be fun.

(Trish) #9

I will give it a try. Only a month back into keto but enjoyed the Zorn fasts last year with relative ease so will see how it goes this time round. Will be water fasting for autophagy. Question though, does green or peppermint tea bugger up the autophagy? @Brenda

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #10

Not that any of the experts I consult with are aware…

BUT if you want to GUARANTEE autophagy, water and salt only.

I’m in too. The last one had me waffling, since I was afraid it might put me back into a familiar BINGE/FAST/BINGE cycle.

It didn’t…

(Mike Glasbrener) #12

Torn… I’ve been mostly omad but maybe a longer fast will kick things along.

(Susan) #13

I will be checking here to cheer you all on, and I love fasting, but not doing it atm because my body was in starvation mode from not eating hardly anything on eating days and fasting too much, so just re-setting my metabolism this month and will be back to regular Fasting and eating properly on eating days in a couple of weeks =-).

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #14

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #15

OH dang! Got my days mixed up due to working so many hours. So,I just came off fasting for 26 hours. Yeah, I’m in. But since I am planning a longer water & electrolyte fast next week, I may just do 23/1 through Sunday.

(Tom Seest) #17

I’m at 18.5 hours now and feeling no pain…

(Danielle Meitiv) #18

I forgot that the Zorn Fast was this week and started fasting on Tuesday. I was planning to break today but now I’m thinking of joining you guys. I have a party Friday night but maybe I’ll just snack on some fat (or just sip lemon water!) and then keep going.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #19

84 hours fasted and all is well. The hunger waves are coming around less and less and I am feeling better and better. Fasting is truly miraculous. I wish everyone experienced this euphoria and lack of hunger. It is very freeing.

(Mike Glasbrener) #20

In! Probably till Sat. Morning.