August Fat Burnin'

Jim, are you still fasting? Stay healthy and happy today. Your body is a burning fat machine!

(Jim Russell) #282

Indeed. Iā€™m at just about 48 hours. Not sure when Iā€™m going to stop.

(Jeremy Storie) #283

Well I lost another pound off of my lowest weight since starting keto so Iā€™m happy :blush:. Sometimes fasting is easy and sometimes itā€™s just hard. Thanks for asking. Howā€™s your journey?

I appreciate your support as always, Irishred. Hope you have a great day too. I woke up thinking about how this is my reality, hopefully carried through for the rest of my life, however daunting that seemsā€¦ the cycle of fast and feast, and the feast being a vegetarian keto selection of food (I have tried to get myself to eat meat again, but after 20-some years I just canā€™t seem to get there).

I was on the Fung Shweigh facebook page this morning and saw a couple articles threatening how bad diet soda and artificial sweeteners are for you. There wasnā€™t much evidence given, but I know eventually I will back off of those again. I was off of them for a while, and am only having them now to get through the fasting boredom. I think down the road when I get to a point I donā€™t need to fast for long periods to get the results Iā€™m looking for, I wonā€™t need that crutch anymore. Anyway, these are my thoughts this morning. I seem to be stabalizing around 174-176 bg, including this morningā€™s first reading ā€“ no dawn effect today. Interesting.

Doug this is such great news for you, and a real incentive to keto on!

I have not had any formal lab work done due to the expense, but plan to get them done later this fall. Unfortunately there wonā€™t be a chance for a ā€œwow factorā€ for me since there will be no comparison values. Iā€™ll just make lotā€™s of assumptions :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

As for that subcutaneous vs visceral fat, donā€™t I know it. Itā€™s so noticeable to me, that although I am thinning out just about everywhere, that waist measurement is very, very slow to budge at all. Iā€™m still wishing I could get a dexa scan as well, but that has not panned out, unless Iā€™d like to drive about 600 milesā€¦nope.

So, congratulations again on such liberating results, great BP too!

If you want to make time slow down, fast.

(Cheryl Hall) #287

@OldDoug

This is great! So happy for you!

Wow, you all are kicking butt in this thread!

Iā€™m back IFing, about to break todayā€™s fast with dinner. I gained back a few pounds but pretty sure Iā€™m retaining water because my rings are tight, so Iā€™m not really tripping about it. I can just feel that Iā€™m still losingā€¦

(Jim Russell) #289

Ended my fast at 61 hours. It was time.

Darcy, oh so right you are about time slowing down. Sometimes in the evening of a fast day I just go to bed so I can interrupt any self talk about how many more hours until morning when I ā€œcanā€ eat again.

Gatita,
I had the opposite problems with my rings yesterday. I was so cold and my weight is down enough that when I turned to flush the toilet my motherā€™s ring almost fell in! Darn keto (and too much air conditioningā€¦lol).

Jim,
61 hours is great. Think of all the good that has done for your body. Do you experience waves of well-being when you fast?

Thursday morning here in the heartland. Late August and early September are the height of allergy season for me and I am really feeling it this morning. Eyes are watering and I am determine to use up all the Kleenex in the house. I am thinking about trying the Zorn fast this month. I have never pushed through 4 days. My challenges over a weekend would be giving up our family bonding meals. Are any of you planning to do it this month?

(Jeremy Storie) #294

Weekends are my feast time. I donā€™t know if I would want to fast then. Itā€™s easier for me through the week.

(Jim Russell) #295

It alternates between waves of well-being and waves of ā€œthat bacon sure smells good.ā€ :slight_smile:

I enjoy fasting, for the most part. For me, itā€™s generally easy once I get going. One of these days, soon, Iā€™m going to do a fast longer than 4 days. I will clean out my refrigerator and be mentally prepared to not eat for a week or more. That has been what usually ends my fast, missing cooking and eating, more than real hunger.

My new record for the morning bg number today - 132. Yesterday I stayed around 127 during the day, went up to 137 or so before bed. So it actually went down overnight, unreal! Fasting is powerful. I have lost a little over 10 lbs over the past 5.5 days. I presently weigh what I did when I got married (which is still far higher than what I need to get to). I am such a different body shape now though. I would have loved to have the collar bones I see on me now when I got married, but I wish I had the smaller (even though still fat) belly I had back then compared to this post-four-pregnancies-insulin-resistant belly. I realize, though, that back when I got married I had no clue about how to eat well. The future, at least from a health perspective, was grim. Ahead of me was gall bladder surgery, borderline gestational diabetes, cancer, and finally full-blown diabetes. Now I can look ahead and know my health is just getting better and better.

LOL itā€™s funny about how much the rings tell us. Even though I now weigh what I did when I got married, I cannot get my wedding ring off if I wanted to. It does move around a little more than it used to though. I am looking forward to when I have to make sure it doesnā€™t fall off. At that point I am putting my engagement ring back on in front of it, since it is slightly smaller and will hold the wedding ring in place. Maybe someday I will have to worry about that one falling off too. Hard to imagine!

How is this for a NSV: today my teenage son told me I look so strong itā€™s almost scary. After I got done laughing, I asked him what he meant. He said I look like a serious body builder. This all came up as I was pointing out how I can see my shoulder bones compared to when I got married. Yay for keto and fasting! (I am definitely not doing any serious body building at this time.)

(Doug) #299

This, so this, so much this. :pouting_cat: To me, it feels like an extention of the ā€œIā€™m bored, so Iā€™m gonna eat,ā€ deal. Eating out of habit, just because itā€™s fun, because I looked at the clock, because I thought of a certain food two days ago and canā€™t get it out of my mind, etc. I can resist this stuff for a while, but canā€™t really get away from it.

(Doug) #300

:hugs::+1::muscle:

Really made me smile, Darcy. Probably will make it easier to command your revolutionary forces - you wonā€™t actually have to be outwardly ferocious.