August Fat Burnin'

I just have to share, I just took a blood glucose reading of 99! This fast has yielded some major changes for me, in the right direction. I noticed this afternoon the slight headache I woke up with started getting much worse. I decided to take some generic Mucinex (thinking sinuses/allergies) and a magnesium tablet. A while later I started feeling incredibly hungry, and then I noticed I was having a hard time concentrating while playing solitaire and listening to a podcast. Just then I had to go pick up my kids, great time to have to drive, but I was ok enough for that. Felt a bit better when I got home, figured my sugar probably had finished dropping some. Didnā€™t realize it would have dropped that much! But, I did wake up this morning with a 132 (had a noon reading of 127). So itā€™s still just making its downward move. One more day of this. I am at the 6 day mark right about now.

Yeah, but I have two black belts and one yellow belt in Taekwondo among the forces, I might be outmatched.

(Doug) #303

:slightly_smiling_face: Now thatā€™s real progress.

I am just going to be finishing up my 7 days on the first two days of the Zorn fast. I had planned to join in but the timing is funky. I am very ready to be done with this, really donā€™t want to go over this weekend.

I have heard of people having their coffee/tea/bone broth along with their family as they eat dinner. Would something like that work for you? We donā€™t have a tradition of eating at the table for dinner, so it hasnā€™t been too much of a problem for me as far as that goes. Only when we have company or some outside meal plans, then I run into a conflict with fasting.

(Doug) #305

13 years ago, a Canadian woman lost her wedding ring. 2 days ago, her daughter-in-law plucks a carrot from the gardenā€¦

Darcy you are rocking this fast! great numbers, I am so happy for this success you are having :smiley: New fast starting for me tomorrow, but I will not be as brave or as strong and scary as you :rofl:, I cā€™m not going to do 7 days, but maybe 5?

Thanks for your great inspiration and progress reports, Iā€™m loving it. God bless , KCKO

Thank you Helewisa! LOL! I think you could have said, ā€œI will not be as crazy as you.ā€ I am glad I did this but I am definitely ready to be done. After a break (the weekend? a few days?) I will probably follow this by doing some 2, 3 and 4 day fasts for a bit. Iā€™ll be looking forward to your updates on your fast, however long you decide to go!

You are inspiring meā€¦ Iā€™ll be alone in the house for 2 months in September, so I plan to do some extended fasts then with no one around to cook for!

That sounds lovely, I covet my privacy and being alone for 2 months could really have some benefits. The fact that your house wonā€™t be full of others for whom you need to prep food will be excellent for keeping you from some of those tempting moments during a fast. best wishes, canā€™t wait to hear how September moves along for you!

(Sonia A.) #310

Hi everyone, I hope youā€™re all doing ok with your fasting or feasting.

For me, itā€™s day 4 of my fast (85 hours). Iā€™m happy because itā€™s been a while since Iā€™ve done long fasts and I wasnā€™t sure that I would be able to do it. But itā€™s going ok.

Iā€™m amazed that I donā€™t feel hungry at all. Even on day 2 which is usually very difficult for me. For the last 3 days, Iā€™ve been able to sit at the table with tea or coffee while my family eat what Iā€™ve cooked. Itā€™s the first time I can do that :grinning:. I hope all my future fasts will go as smoothly.

The only little problem Iā€™ve experienced is some shakiness since the end of day 2. When I checked my bs, it was 64 mg. Yesterday it was 56 mg. And today, it dropped to a new low at 54 mg. I donā€™t know what to think about that. Itā€™s the first time Iā€™ve had bs so low. My blood ketones are higher than usual too (5.2 mmol). Iā€™m not going to sweat it, Iā€™ll just see how I feel today. I hope I can continue until the end of the Zornfast. Weā€™ll see.

How is everyone doing today ?

Darcy that was a fabulous result. As you come of your fast be sure to keep your carbs low. Your bg should go up some but not to previous highs. You have made this week look so easy. Way to go!

Doug,
That is too funny! :rofl:

Gatita,
I think you have a lovely time coming up that you can really live in your own world and head. Fasting is such a mind game that the less food distractions the better. Will be looking forward to hearing what you do with the time.

Sonia you are doing great. Your symptoms are from the lower bg but not a true worry. You canā€™t go too low according to Dr. Fung unless you are a diabetic on insulin. I have had this happen to me in the past and just riding it out is all we need to do. You are doing so great. Why do you think this time is easier? You and Darcy have been such an inspirat this week. Have a fabulous day!

Itā€™s Friday! At least here in Illinois. Funny to think about how the time of the day is different for all of us. I am sitti,g here enjoying my first bottle of water for the day. Cool and refreshing. I did decide yesterday not to pursue trying the Zorn fast this month. Instead I am doing omad yesterday, today and tomorrow. Happy and ketoing on. Hope you all are having a fantastic dayā€¦whatever time it is in your part of the world.

(Sonia A.) #316

Thank you for all your support and kind words. It helps a lot. I hope youā€™ll open another post like this one every month. Iā€™m sure Iā€™m not the only one who feels encouraged (and accountable :blush:).

I donā€™t know why itā€™s easier this time. Iā€™d love to know, because I could replicate this result indefinitely :wink:. But Iā€™ll see in my next fast what happens.

(Jason B) #317

Just want to jump in and say thank you to all those who supported Darcy on the forum during her 7 day fast. Weā€™re both grateful that we found this way of eating (or not eating) and a community of like-minded folks. I hope everyone continues to have great success on the journey.

Jason B, now that is sweet! I absolutely love having Darcy as a keto friend as she is loving and supportive of everyone here. Her willingness to share her journey helps anyone willing to read and think about their own ups, downs, and choices. The ketogenic forums are a great place!

Sonia,
I too have really appreciated how this post has opened up a different element of support, encouragement, and laughter. And a chance to get to know other keto fasters on a more personal level. A wonderful different dimension of our great ketogenic forums. I am so glad I found my way here!

Aww! Thank you for that surprise!