August 2018 ZornFast

(Lonnie Hedley) #11

@brenda I suggest you change the name. Monthly festival of fasting. :grin:

(Mark Rhodes) #12

I am with you there. My 5 day fasts start Sunday.

(Ian Sim) #13

I’ve done some 40 - 50 hour fasts but never a three day fast. This looks like as good a time as any to go for it. Any tips or recommendations are welcome. Looking to jumpstart Ketosis.

(Ron) #14

I also started last evening. The early bird gets the ??? :rofl::rofl:

(Doug) #15

Worm. Worms - ketogenic for at least 500 million years. :slightly_smiling_face:

(Lonnie Hedley) #16

It’s a good idea to prepare some electrolytes.

Listen to your body. When hunger strikes, give yourself 20 minutes. If it doesn’t go away, you might actually be hungry. If it does go away, keep on fasting.

Yes! I need this. Been a bit frustrated lately and hoping for a reboot. The group support helps a lot. Fingers crossed and may even start in early.

(Katie the Quiche Scoffing Stick Ninja ) #18

Damnit, I got my weeks mixed up and started a fast at 3;30pm yesterday, currently 22 hours in.
Need to break on Wednesday and exercise and then begin another on Thursday.
Do you start at 12am Thursday? When do you go off the last meal?

(karen) #19

“The early bird gets the ???”

perm, right?

:rofl::rofl:

(Christine) #20

I’m excited to join! Ive only done 48hrs. So we shall see…

(Brian) #21

I’m in! Excited for my first ZornFast.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #22

This is an excellent tip. I’m going to use it tomorrow when I make a video for IDM. I’m always looking for ways to make people more effective at fasting.

(8 year Ketogenic Veteran) #23

When I do this 4-day fast I always have my last meal Wednesday night then I fast all day Thursday Friday Saturday and break-the-fast Sunday at 4. But there are no rules here. You can start and stop your fast whenever it works with your schedule.

(KCKO, KCFO) #24

This is a no rules place. Join in with any type of fasting at any time. The idea is support and sharing of experiences. Some start after their last meal on Wed. night then go through Sunday. If that doesn’t fit for you, just do you, whatever schedule works.

(Lonnie Hedley) #25

Just like others have said it’s more about support than specific rules (except blurring mentions of food :grin:). So everybody will differ on when they start and stop, if they supplement with fat, etc.

I start when I close my eating window Wednesday night from 6-7pm. Then the goal is to fast until Sunday when my eating window opens at 1pm. Of course if something tells me to eat before then I’ll gladly listen.

(Lonnie Hedley) #26

Just information I’ve heard from others. Passing it along. :grin:

(Ron) #27

42 hrs in and all is well. Going strong and Keto’ing on.:sunglasses:

Hedleylo, It may well be just something you are essentially ‘parroting’ but that doesn’t make ANY advice less valid! Parenting, Teaching, Preaching, Coaching etc are all examples, and I join Brenda in thanking you. I like it and I’m totally stealing it, so there. (Insert disgusting “raspberry” here, waving both ‘mocking hands’ exuberantly, one thumb per each ear. )

I need to start early too. So I’m already about 12 hours in. But I use a little cream in my coffee sometimes.

Some fasts I do, some fasts I don’t.

Today… I am.

(Lonnie Hedley) #29

I liked it, and I stole it. SO THERE. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Or, if you like it then you better put a ring on it?

I’ve never heard of a three day fast related to keto. It sounds interesting. Thank you for sharing!