August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Also wanted to thank whoever said that hunger usually hits during meal times and seldom lasts more that 20 mins. I’ve noticed that big time and now I have my large salty tea for lunch and dinner and it really helps ease over those time windows, because I feel like I’m still getting something good!
I also need to permanently stop eating after work, which is 8-10 pm. I have a hunger window from 5-11 pm because those are my dinner hours. I think I’ve trained myself to eat all night! When I’m not there I eat with my family at 5. My body asks for food at 4:30 and doesnt quit till late at night! Fasting helped me realize this.

Over 37 hrs in already. and feeling much better already. The slightly bloated feeling I had a few days ago seems to be gone now, so really enjoying it! :slight_smile:

(David Taylor) #163

I’m Only 14 hours in. I want to make 96 hours.
I’ve just had a cup of salty defatted chicken bone broth…YUMMY I can get used to that. It was cooked with a little turmeric.

(Frank) #164

Woke up 36 hrs in. No hunger this am. A little jumpy last night and sleep wasn’t awesome but it’s really hot here as well so I think that had more to do with it than anything. Having some black coffee at work and getting through the first wave of hunger now. My body’s like hey where’s my bpc! Not today body. Maybe tomorrow. I’m feeling like 72 hrs is doable for me. Gonna take a sauna tonight to kill some time as well. Yes I take saunas even during the summer. It’s a northern Minnesota thing.

(Jane) #165

20 hrs here and no hunger so far this morning.

Sipping my ketoaid and black salted coffee. So far so good.

(back and doublin' down) #166

I soak in my jacuzzi almost every day, winter and summer. The mornings here in the mountains are starting to be in the 40s, great way to start the day. On fasting days, I notice that my body speaks more clearly, feeling my ‘innards’ and can focus more clearly on my breath when meditating.

at 36 hours and debating the BPC. Didn’t do any broth or BPC yesterday, just water after the initial coffee and HWC. Thinking I can do that again today. Want at least 48 hours, possibly 72.

NSV - have convinced my PCP that my hbp is indeed stable on 1/2 the dose. Thinking I’m just a few months away from no meds at all. Supplementing potassium and salt…maybe that’s forever?

(Jane) #167

That sounded so good to me I looked up and found a yoga studio near my work that you can reserve a dry sauna for 30 min and the price is reasonable. I just made an appointment for 6 pm and really looking forward to it!

What a great thing to do to kill time since I am not eating, take my mind off wanting to eat and sweating out some toxins - thanks for the idea @Mnketo46 !

(Frank) #168

Absolutely. Coming from a lifelong 3-4/week sauna guy, drink plenty of water before, during, and afterwards. Salt in the water too. I usually do 15-20 min rounds for 1-1 1/2 hrs. 15 min in, 5 min break out. Repeat until you’re done. That’s probably a lot for most people.

(Frank) #169

I also meditate in my sauna. Relaxing music. I’ve fallen asleep in there.

(back and doublin' down) #170

a pillar of mental wellness ~ which means lower cortisol!

2nd day of NO BPC. 2nd day is often my hardest. Have salt handy and a busy schedule. Grateful to have this thread to check in with on these days, knowing I’m not alone in some white knuckle moments.

(Central Florida Bob ) #171

Oh, I’m so jealous I could get a cortisol spike over this. Here in Florida, the mornings don’t get as cool as 70. Mornings in the 40s won’t happen until mid winter - after a cold front. I can’t get it to 70 in my bedroom when I’m running the air conditioner at max.

OK, the sane voice in my head said, “yeah, you think you’d like it, but if it was suddenly in the 40s you’d go into hypothermia and curl up in a ball.” Cortisol spike over.

(Jane) #172

I’m with ya sistah! I miss my BPC so much… :cry: but I need the autophagy to clear out some nasty meds I had to take over the weekend, plus other damage I’ve done to my body over the years.

Too much debate back and forth about whether or not fats or sweetners stop autophagy so cutting all out to be on the safe side.

(KCKO, KCFO) #173

This week I am following a mix up your IFing protocol. It is with a FB group run by Megan and Dr Fung, it is a free support group for fasting, Each week a moderator for the group posts a protocol to be followed. This week’s is focused on mixing up the length of the IF, you start out with a 8 hr window, next day it is 6 hrs., then 4, then 1,then back to the 8 hr window. So far it is easy peasy. I decided to do it because late night snacking was starting to happen and I don’t want that to continue.
https://www.facebook.com/groups/obesitycodenetwork/

Close to 48hrs now, today’s definitely been easier than yesterday, thankfully! Family eating in instalments today, so have their dinners ready to go- one of my favourite pre-keto meals too :disappointed_relieved:
Hope fully hubby won’t notice I’m not eating tonight- he’s okay with me doing 36 hr fasts, but doesn’t like me doing longer ones, I want to get back to target weight before we’re away next week!

(Jane) #175

Off to Wally World to pick up some PJ’s and get out of the office before they start cooking lunch.

I am staying in an AirBnB and forgot to pack my pajamas so good excuse to get out of the office over lunch. WalMart doesn’t have as many food temptations as a grocery store and I can head directly to the clothes and bypass the food.

(back and doublin' down) #176

and maybe new pj’s will inspire good sleep!

(Jane) #177

How’s everyone doing this evening? I am 33 hours in and doing fine so far. Three hours away from halfway to my goal of 72 hours.

Hopefully some autophagy magic is happening soon!

(Jane) #178

Sauna was so relaxing and the studio, sauna and shower area were nice and clean.

I figure the money I am not spending on food paid for my indulgence :blush:

Ok, so there’s two threads? … I thought I posted here, but apparently not. :slight_smile:

Glad to hear everyone kicking Keto butt! … I’m 51 hours in currently, and feeling just fine like all the other times. Since I stopped my last three fast at 72 hrs. (well, one at 67 for scheduling) I’m really looking forward to going the full 5 days for 120 hrs. this time, which will be Friday evening at 6:00pm. - :slight_smile:

I have to admit, so far, I’ve found that I feel really great when I’m fasting. But that being said, I actually set a limit of 5 days on myself for fasting purposes. - No real particular reason why really. … I could probably do more, I think, but I really don’t want to. At least not now anyway. I figure if anything I can fast once or twice a month, trying to keep it changed up and not become too repetitive.

(Jane) #180

Brenda does her ZornFast thread the 3rd Thu of every month until Sun. And then there is this one that goes all month for people to jump on when they want support for fasting.

I prefer to fast during the week and be able to enjoy keto meals with my husband when I am home on the weekends (or he joins me), so the timing of the ZornFasts usually doesn’t work for me.

You can post on both for double the support!!!
:grin: