August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Started mine after last nights meal at 6pm, so I’m 15 hours in presently. Hoping to go through till Friday for 5-day (120 hrs.)

(Teresa (turtle)) #142

I’m in hour 13 on this one. Broke the last one on Saturday morning at just about 28 hours. I only gained back a couple of pounds from the six or so lost from the last long fast. I am still trying to get below 160!

(Jane) #143

You will get there!

I was stuck in the 160’s for 3 months… gaining and losing the same 5 lbs over and over.

Fasting was the key to breaking my stall and lowering my “set point” my body had become comfortable at.

One more feasting meal at lunch (and last BPC for 3 days * sniff *) and then I will be joining the fasters here.

(Teresa (turtle)) #144

Thanks so much for the encouragement :heavy_heart_exclamation:

Hey fellow fasters! Zoomed past lunch. Sipping salty tea and feeling Ok. Have to pick kids up after work, barely enough time for a shower before bed. May as well fast. One more day to go after this then play it by ear as far as eating again.

Anyone drink Lacroix water? It says no carb but I’m not too sure about it. Should it be ok?

(back and doublin' down) #146

At hour 19 or so. Had some HWC (about 1/2 usual amount) first thing this morning, nothing but water and salt now and planning on 3 days. Haven’t hit the empty feeling yet. Thinking I’ll do some wood splitting, build a fire out tonight rather than hang around in the house around food triggers.

Grumble, whinge… have been pretty hungry today, often find day1 hard. Didn’t help going to the cinema while others were eating popcorn!
Keep strong, sounds like lots of successful fasting going on!

(back and doublin' down) #148

OMGravy ~ this happens to me where I work on Mondays and Tuesdays because the MEDICAL clinic has a commercial popcorn popper just for employees to ‘snack’ on ~ it’s a conundrum from my perspective but totally annoying on days like today when I’m trying to get into a fast. So far so good with lots of water. When I’m peein’ a lot, I feel like the fast is kickin’ in!

(Jane) #149

Couple of hours in, so just getting started.

Sipping on my ketoaid. Unflavored this time. No squitry flavors with sweetners in them. Not as enjoyable to drink, but not terrible.

Goal is autophagy so need to be strict.

ketoaide is on my menu tonight too Jane!
Paendora, I noticed that too about peeing…guess it’s the glycogen being used and releasing its water… gotta be a good sign.

Question: so if I lift weights and do HIIT, Am I training my muscles to store more glycogen and hence more water? I just feel like when I do get a bit of carb after being keto and doing strength training the water weight gain has been like 10 lbs overnight!

Jules hang in there, hopefully tomorrow will be easier! Personally I am coming up to my toughest point, going to bed after work: fingers crossed.

(Jane) #151

Headed for bed soon. A bit hungry but nothing I can’t ignore or fix with some salt in my coffee. The first night getting to sleep on an empty stomach is the hardest for me, too.

Tomorrow I will be busy at work and that always helps.

Happy fasting!!!

(Jane) #152

I know some may laugh at my “heading to bed” and “drinking coffee” but I can drink coffee and go straight to sleep.

I cant decide weather to feast or fast.

Maybe I’ll flip a coin.

I did a 3 day and a 2 day fast last week. Maybe I could use another feast. But I’m trying to get better looking for my vacation next week. Decisions, decisions.

I could always do that as well. I’ve also always drank coffee year around, and folks at my office are always asking how I can drink coffee in dead of summer. (Just like the taste I guess). … Odd thing is, I’ve only had maybe 2 cups total since I started Keto? Which is coming up on 3 months. :slight_smile: I basically just drink water now, with the occasional cup of tea. But even that is maybe 1 glass a week, sometimes two?

Actually 28 hours in presently, after spending the entire evening at a dealership, test driving a couple vehicles.

(KCKO, KCFO) #156

Sounds like they are trying to drum up business.

(Frank) #157

28 hrs in and about to hit the sack. Feeling good. Just can’t watch or read anything about food. Too torturous. May go for 72 hrs this time. I’ve only ever done 48. We’ll see how I feel tomorrow pm.

36hrs for me; for once didn’t wake early, usually I do when I’ve fasted the day before! Keep strong everyone!
@Janie I can drink coffee before bed too, never keeps me awake!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #159

I had to “program and rewire” myself, I was a total popcorn addict.
I allow myself to enjoy the smell (because that is really about the best part of the popcorn) and I keep reminding myself that it just tastes like salted and buttered cardboard… (and I can enjoy salt and butter on tastier stuff XD)

Good morning everyone! Starting day three after a good nights sleep. Another day of salty green tea for me. So far just a bit tired but not super hungry.

Good news! Meter says 1.9 ketone level. Finally! Been over two weeks trying to get a number over 0.1 and so difficult with my crazy appetite of late.