August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Teresa (turtle)) #1

Just starting one for August as it’s now the 1st.
In hour 57 of my non specified length fast. I would like to get to beat my longest of 113 though.

July 2018 IF / EF chat ALL WELCOME
Looking for a fasting partner

Hey y’all. Started a different buddy thread not realizing this would be here. So, hi! I’m on hour 40. Going to go until my body has had enough. I may need some support when I’m curled up under a blanket in the middle of August dreaming of ribs and brisket.

Hi, everyone! I’m on day 3 of my monthly EF. (Well, I’m really hoping to make it monthly, and this is the second month in a row, so may I say “monthly” already?)

Feeling fantastic. I’m having a great time with various workouts so I decided a while ago that I would break a fast if I wasn’t feeling good (sometimes I get dizzy or just weak and pale) rather than skip my workouts. So far a hot yoga class on day 1 and a bodyweight to failure on day 2 plus some mobility work today. I love this :grin:
Supplementing with BPC, salt and a spoonful of coconut butter here and there (so this is not a true fast, but I’ll modify over the coming months).

(Jane) #4

Doing ADF’ing this week. 14 hours in and just now getting a bit hungry. It will pass :grin:

(Dan S) #5

Thanks @Cwolly for pointing me to this thread!

I’m at around 44 hours of my first fast, 3 weeks into keto - would love to make it for the whole month of August but i’ll stop when I feel weird or wonky!

(Doug) #6

Good for all you fasters! 24 hours in here, and the need was great… Just back from vacation where I was a bad boy, to say the least. Weighed myself yesterday, and saw the first real weight gain since I began my fairly inconsistent keto and fasting in April of last year.

+15 pounds. Ouch. Some of that will just be more retained water, but the old belly has indeed gotten bigger.

I’m still riding high on my 4-day fast that I completed on Monday night…I have vacation coming up tomorrow so I decided to do a short fast from 9:00 last night til 4:30 this afternoon. I guess that makes it 19.5 hours. Feeling pretty hungry right now but I’m trying some pink salt. After my 4-day, I KNOW I can make it till 4:30!

(back and doublin' down) #8

Dan, That’s a great beginning!

@Janie ~ is this your first round of ADFs? I had a fasting day yesterday unintentionally. Too busy for lunch. Arrived home to a delivery of firewood that had to be moved into shed. After shifting a 1/2 cord of split wood about 30 yards, I could NOT eat. Now I understand how intense workouts can kill hunger.

@climbergirl That heartburn/indigestion thing is baffling to me. It’s also what’s prompting me to work towards a long water only fast to hopefully cure what’s happening. Might have to create my own fasting sanitorium fashioned after the ones in Russia and Germany.

I will probably start my monthly fast on Monday, August 6th. I am aiming for 7 days (168 hours), but I usually hit a wall at the 5 day (120 hours) mark, we shall see. Good luck to everyone already on a fast!

(Teresa (turtle)) #10

Working a 12 hour shift today and first 4 hours was in a hot and humid factory with no sitting time. Currently at hour 82 having already completed 5 and a half hours of the work shift. The last hour and a half was at my “regular” job in the office and will be for the remainder. I am scheduled for the same tomorrow.

I am feeling great! :smiley:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #11

currently at 9 hours. feel fine hungerwise. Planing on going for 48 hrs. I did throw in a tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee though. had a very short nights sleep and I needed something so I wouldn’t fall asleep at my desk. :sleeping::sleeping::sleeping:

Hi all! Currently 40 hours, seeing where this goes. Have a lot of plans for today. Feeling ok, hope everyone has a great day!

Yes so much harder when tired!

That’s incredible!

(Jane) #15

Yes on the ADF. I am 38 hours in and not hungry at all so going to break it at dinner which should put me at 48 hours.

Hubby driving down for the weekend and I will be feasting on Mexican food here in Houston this evening.

I will be in Ft Worth in 2 weeks and planning on a strict water/black coffee 72-hr fast for autophagy. The pace there is slower so easier to do a strict water fast and not use crutches like HWC in my coffee.

My walking buddy will be on vacation that week and the last time I got so drained by day 3 from walking 2 miles in 100+ F heat I had to keep stopping.

I’ll jump on this thread for support when I do. You guys are awesome!

(TJ Borden) #16

After a couple pretty lazy fasting months, I decided to kick off the month with a fast. At 45 hours now. I don’t really have a goal, other than to overcome the mental game that always seems to creep up after a few days.

(Doug) #17

Into the 3rd day; 53 hours. Told myself that I’m going long this time, and thus far it seems to make each day easier, i.e. one day is only a small part of the whole, “so how hard can it be?” :smile:

It’s at least my 20th fast of 3 or more days, and this year things have varied a lot - some fasts are definitely easier than others. Used to be that the 2nd day was often the hardest for me, yet last time it was nothing at all, and then on the 3rd day I felt so out of sorts that I gave in and ended at 3 days.

One cup of black coffee yesterday and today. No salt or anything else yet and I feel great.

(Teresa (turtle)) #18

Just about at the 94 hour mark. Going to try to sleep now so I am up at 2 am to get ready to start my next 12 hour work day. I will probably break fast earlier than I originally thought and won’t be able to go to my longest of 113 because of a date with my boyfriend who isn’t supportive with any of this. So to be able to eat normally with him tomorrow afternoon and evening I need to start slowly so as not to upset my digestive system. I should make it to about 101 hours.

(Jane) #19

You have done amazingly well and an inspiration to us just getting started with fasting.

(Jane) #20

Made it to 42 hours this time. I broke my fast a couple hours early with a small protein snack to wake up my digestive system so I could enjoy dinner with hubbie.

Couldn’t eat much so hopefully I can “feast” tomorrow because I don’t want to slow my metabolism down.