August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(KCKO, KCFO) #121

I ended up eating a late lunch so fast was only IF at around 20 hrs. I will have my dinner and start another fast after that.

I am seriously thinking of giving up nuts for a couple of weeks. To see if that makes me more stable, while my up and down isn’t huge. it would be nice to be slightly more consistent.

Scales very kind this week, so if I do feel very hungry later, I won’t feel so bad about breaking the fast early…
@Shortstuff - have the antibiotics got a coating on them? It’s horrible taking medicines as they put so much rubbish in them, but sometimes you have to…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #123

27h. feeling a slight headache creeping on. but a lot less severe than the last few times.
experimenting with ketoaide lets see if i can prevent the cramps I had the last few days…

(Allie) #124

@jules4 no they’re capsules and the ingredients didn’t show anything suspicious so I’m confused :thinking:

Each capsule contains 500 mg of flucloxacillin as flucloxacillin sodium Ph. Eur.

Other ingredients -

Magnesium stearate
Sodium starch glycolate
Red iron oxide
Yellow iron oxide
Black iron oxide
Titanium dioxide
Gelatin

Just take the last one now so fingers crossed I can get things back on track…

(back and doublin' down) #125

You’re a rock star, of course you can! your leg is improving?

(Allie) #126

It’s a LOT better than it was, still a bit painful and slightly swollen so I will have to be careful for a while longer yet - but looking hopeful :slight_smile:

Preparing for a 7 day fast
(Teresa (turtle)) #127

After Wednesday’s break fast for seafood, started another that evening with no particular end time. It turned into OMAD because my SO fed me steak and a burger patty and since he usually doesn’t cook much and seemed so proud of himself, I felt obligated to partake with him!
Started again at 11 pm last night. KCFO!

(KCKO, KCFO) #128

I ended up eating yesterday at only 18 hrs. so after dinner restarted the 36 hrs. fast I wanted to get in before the week ends. I’m planning on using bone broth if I have too. I am trying to cut back on coffee/hwc a tad bit. My goal is to get back on the bottom of my goal range and stay there for a while. I have some blood work coming up and I don’t want to be on the high end of my range when I get weighed with my clothes on, keeps the dr. happy that way.

I’m noticing a pattern if I up my aerobic exercise, my weight bounces up. So I am trying non aerobic exercising QiGong and casual walks to get steps in without worrying about getting my heart rate in the upper range and some yoga stretching. I want to see how that goes for me.

Well, I was planning to fast all next week (Mon thru Fri) but I so want to start now instead! :slight_smile: But I had already planned on eating some Dungeness Crab and Snow Crab tonight, possibly some shrimp. But I may just start sometime after dinner tonight, or sometime Sat or Sun?

I also have a hernia located just above my belly-button, slightly right, that’s been giving me some issues the past couple days. (Have had it for about 6-8 years now - but I do need to get it fixed. One of the reason’s I wanted to drop some weight.) But at times it just seems to want to act up. Most times it’s not bad, and doesn’t bother me. … Thought maybe to do a complete flush of my system tomorrow, eat a smallish meal and just fast away. Give it some time to settle down. :slight_smile:

You all are doing great with your fasting!

(Allie) #130

Just one day free of antibiotics and my ketones are back where I’d expect them to be, 1.3mmol just now. Much better than the 0.2mmol I got while taking the meds.

Today has been OMAD and tomorrow I plan to do the same, then back to my regular IF as of Monday. I don’t limit my eating window at all, often end up eating around 10am then sometimes again at around 6pm, but always make sure I fast for at least 12 hours after I finish eating for the day - normally ends up being around 19 - 20 hours fasted.

(MLD) #131

Just finished 8 day fast - GKI < 1 for 7 of the 8 days and again this morning after refeeding yesterday (goal was <1 for 5 days but I threw in a couple extra!) doing OMAD now sort of; two cups of bone broth and coffee with 1.5 tbsp HWC today) only because I am not hungry yet…usually takes a couple of days for my appetite to kick back in after a 5-7 day fast - but when it does I’m ravenous for two more days. This is the 3rd fast of at least 6 days I’ve done this year - shooting for once a quarter. Started keto in Jan of 17 and have lost 20 lbs…need to lose another 30 but slow and steady is fine with me!!

Had an un unexpected change of plans on last fasting effort, but back with another go at it. Would love to go for three days again this time to get back into my groove and feel that great again. I just need to remember that the hunger will pass and to drink plenty of water this time! Have a wonderful day everyone!

(Jane) #133

I’ll be joining you guys after lunch tomorrow. Shooting for 76 hours this time and plan to break my fast about 2 hours before I leave work and go meet my husband for dinner.

Going to be keto aid/black coffee only. No training wheels this time.

(KCKO, KCFO) #134

Speaking of ketoaide, I have started using this recipe for it. I just use bulk potassium and bulk mag. citrate, so it is super easy to mix up a quart of this this stuff. I use sparkling water, not the mineral stuff they use, but it makes it all great, and I add slightly more ACV because I would drink it straight up if I could. It is from Dr. Kenneth Berry that is why I tried it. I always need more mag. citrate than anyone else around, this works a treat for me.

(KCKO, KCFO) #135

In case you haven’t heard. Dr. Fung and Megan now have a free FB fasting page, the mods list a fasting protocol challenge each week. You don’t get access to all the addition videos etcf. that the paid IDM online group gets, but the fasting info and support is pretty great over there. And as a reminder I am listing the fb link for Daisy’s KKBs as well, lots of fasting and other keto info and support there too. I am not a big fan of FB but these pages are the real deal, so I use them.

https://www.facebook.com/groups/obesitycodenetwork/

Eaten well today, joining @Lunalee13 & @Janie tomorrow!

Sounds great Jules! Today I have to get past the 8pm tough spot, coming home from work tired and being resolute to Just Go To Sleep!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #138

last weeks result showed me, that right now two 36h fasts a week (with two feast meals in between) agree best with me.
I binge less after I end the fast and I lose the most in the first 2 days anyway.
this weekend I didn’t regain all of what I lost, I feel really great and I’ll stick to this protocol until my body says it wants to change something.

currently I am 14h in. feeling great.

That’s awesome Claudia! Glad you are feeling good!

Made it through the first 30hours. Today will be another busy day and tomorrow too. I was surprised that yesterday went fairly easily. Strange how the last few tries felt impossible and then this one is no biggie so far. I will just keep trying and listening to my body.

(Frank) #140

Just got back from a family camping trip yesterday. Keto most of the 4 days but did indulge on s’mores a few nights and ate full breakfasts along with my bpc in the am. A little bump in the weight and nothing really going on for the next few days so what the heck. Time to throw a curve ball. I’m 5 lbs from goal of 185 so maybe this’ll move things along. Pre camping I was 186.6 and this am 190.4. I’m having my am coffee with no fat and we’ll see where this goes from here. It’s been 3 months since I’ve done an EF so I’m a little out of practice.