August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

Glad everyone is rolling along with their Fast. - I’ve actually been fasted 72 hrs. each of the past 3 weeks, except I cut the last one at 67, because of scheduling.

I am presently doing OMAD, which I normally do, but think I want to try a 5 day next week. Start Sunday night, and roll until Friday night. Never tried 5 days before, but all the time doing 72 didn’t seem to be a problem. Would like to know how things change in days 4 and 5 for me. :slight_smile:

I hear the magic happens starting day 4. I’ve never made it that far.

Seconded

@Kris86

Day two down and going strong.
Current blood ketones reading 3.6mmol.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #85

24h feeling good.
my slight headache creeping up like always around this phase of fasting lately. grabbing for my salt knowing that the first wave always passes…

(Claire) #86

I’m in my 60th hour, feeling very good, I want to do a 5 day fast, so I’m half way!! Will check my ketones later today.

(Allie) #87

Thank you @collaroygal - I have antibiotics and pain meds too, slowly getting better :slight_smile:

(Ellen) #88

Hey Claudia, sending you hugs, hope it all works out and good luck with the fast.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #89

Thanks so much!
reaching 29h. headaches gone.

Stomach rumbling right now but no actual hunger.
Watched my coworker eat a huge plate of cordonbleue and fries and feel horrible after, sort of reinforced my decision to keep going.
I was playing with the thought of ending it at 36, but right now I feel like going longer…

(Allie) #90

So you know how I was told I have to wear glasses for reading and screen work… ?

(back and doublin' down) #91

Those frames work for you, Allie! nice!

Seems some positive, smooth fasting going on this week. Congrats and continued support all around! I’m at least hitting 24 hours today, and depending may let this evening’s meal slide by and go for 40. Just so much easier to not pack lunch, not hassle and have the extra time for work.

(Teresa (turtle)) #92

Sitting in hour 57 now. May have to break fast in about 7 hours due to a thing with my SO who is on vacation this week (and I am not). He wants to go out for seafood and peer at classic cars. If it rains he may not want to go though. 64 hours will still be respectable for me and then I think I will go right back into fasting until Saturday morning.
@Shortstuff Allie looking smart and fit!!

(What The Fast?!) #93

I broke my ADF fast at 42 hours yesterday. During that time, I did a Proformer Pilates class and a 17 mile bike ride. A few hours after I broke my fast with lunch, I went and did a tough leg day at the gym. I’m always super hungry the day after a lifting day - I woke up and did a fasted 18 mile ride and am already starving! BUT, I’m doing a 48-ish hour fast, so hopefully this hot tea will do the trick!

I’ve been trying to figure out what days to lift and what days to do Pilates with my fasting schedule. I try to lift on eating days because I like to get protein into my muscles right after a lift. But I’m always hungriest the day AFTER lifting. Also, the type of Pilates I do is also strength training and a lot of muscle breaking down/rebuilding. I don’t worry about the bike riding - I’m doing MAF (low intensity rides) so those easily utilize stored fat.

Anyone have advice? How do you fit in lifting/strength training/working out with fasting?

(KCKO, KCFO) #94

Really like those frames. USA ones are still tiny, I only have full vision in one eye, so I like a large viewing area, would love a pair like yours. Enjoy the better eye sight without the strain.

(KCKO, KCFO) #95

Cooking and eating over here. I want to do another 36 hr. fast starting tonight. I made almond buns, cole slaw, keto almond crackers, and am about to start doing a double batch of home made mayo, want to complete that before heading out to Qi Gong class.

Hope everyone is KCKO.

(TJ Borden) #96

Welcome to the club. Are you left handed? Because being left handed with glasses on keto is a pretty eite status :joy:

(Doug) #97

Allie - love it! Lean and mean!! :slightly_smiling_face:

(What The Fast?!) #98

You guys, I’m RAVENOUS today. I’m only 20 hours fasted, but I lifted yesterday and this happens the day after I lift, I’m super hungry the next day. I can generally tell the difference between bored hunger and actual hunger and this is the real thing. I’m debating on breaking my fast and eating dinner tonight…any opinions?

I’m gonna break at 72 hours wah wah.

(KCKO, KCFO) #100

Eat. Listen to your body. You can always fast tomorrow.