August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Aimee Moisa) #61

Also, not hungry but man is my mouth bored.

I’m bored too, this big project I’m working on at work is just killing me.

(Doug) #62

Can be quite a thing, Aimee. I just quit at 6 days; tired of mentally chasing my own tail the last 30 hours or so. Really did not feel like true hunger, but it was quite insistent, whatever the feeling was…

(Aimee Moisa) #63

Chasing your own tail is the perfect analogy.

“Something’s wrong. Am I hungry? No, not hungry.” An hour later, “Hmm, what’s wrong? Am I hungry? Nope, not hungry.” Another hour later I find myself opening the refrigerator, “Why am I here? I’m not hungry!”

If only my work were difficult instead of just voluminous. I can handle difficult projects but ones that just have LOTS of easy stuff to do don’t keep me entertained.

(back and doublin' down) #64

This made me wonder. Maybe the span available is just a great pattern. No two consecutive fasts the same. I’m finding I enjoy feasting, having a really solid meal after I’ve gone past hunger a time or two.

I’ve been able to go long hours, with the help of some buttered coffee and bone broth. The weight loss has been slowing, so thinking of starting to exercise that ‘water only’ muscle. I see lots of hot green tea in my future.

I’m jumping on this thread. Just started fasting tonight (Sunday). I would like to go through Saturday 5 days.

Day one of an EF in the books. Easy peasy.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #67

I am currently having quite a hard time emotionally.
My flatmate of 6 years and best friend (and also ex) is moving out and left me feeling quite lonly, bored, uncertain (if i can not find a flatmate I will be forced to move out, but i finally felt home somewhere)

I went hog wild and binged like crazy yesterday eventhough I was not hugry at all. (all keto foods at least, did not pass 20 g carb net.)

I just started what I aim to be a 24 h fast and then let’s see how I do. It certainly would help to reduce my bodytemp in this horrible heatwave… and day 3 would help me have the energy to manage all the things that need to be sorted out.

Hi everyone, had two mis starts to fasting this week. Starting again today. I’m going to check in daily with a goal of 4 days. So it’s 5:30 am and I’m heading to work. I’ve spent the last week eating as much fat as I want, really an enormous amount. I’m pretty ready to fast, hope I can switch gears again!

(Allie) #69

Sorry you’re hurting Claudia, and well done for keeping it keto :heart:

Hard rock ketochick I know the feeling. Started a fast yesterday but that sure didn’t work. now my ketones are .1. Starting over today with getting back into ketosis.

I made it through the first sleep which for me is the hardest. 36 hours in now.

(Teresa (turtle)) #72

Sitting in hour 34 and this one seems easier than last week; slept well, woke up refreshed. Drinking black coffee and salted water.

(Allie) #73

Antibiotics are making me feel awful :weary:

Sorry Allie! That’s a bummer!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #75

How is the foot doing? Get well soon :hugs::hugs::hugs:

(Allie) #76

It’s a lot better than it was, not bright red and burning anymore. Still swollen and sore but hopefully be better soon, I’m coping OK without pain meds now. I still have another three days of antibiotics to take and have probiotics and organic sauerkraut ready for rebuilding afterwards - also water kefir grains on order and cultured yoghurt in the fridge.

The meds have made me feel so bad and it’s upsetting as it took me so long to fix things after the doctors went crazy giving me loads of antibiotics three years ago. But they were necessary, the infection was so bad on Saturday I collapsed when I got out of bed as my leg couldn’t hold my weight.

(back and doublin' down) #77

@Hardrock_keto_chick Claudia ~ hang in there. Use us to help you feel less lonely, and congrats on being able to stay keto focused even while using some food for solace. What sort of ‘out of the house’ things do you enjoy that you might take in to get a break from the reminders of a now less full flat?

Allie, here’s hoping you rebound quick from the antibiotics. You sound very prepared.

Congrats to all of you doing well with your 24+hours of fasting! I’m in IFs for now, and thinking of another EF at end of month.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #78

@Paendora @Shortstuff
Thanks so much for your support.

If it wasn’t for you guys and this forum I would go insane. Reaching 12 h. Feeling physically well. Starting to feel less depressed too…

Just getting home from my funtone workout.
Felt really good and I probably won’t be able to crawl to the fridge for the next few days :rofl:

I like to meet up with friends, but right now there is so much I need to do at home. (move one, maybe even two rooms)

Love and happiness and strength to all of you! We are in this together!
:hugs:

(KCKO, KCFO) #79

Allie, horse fly bites are the worst. They take a while to heal up too. Hope you got some meds to see you through that.

Healing thoughts sent your way.

(KCKO, KCFO) #80

I finished up a 46 hr fast on Monday. I had bounced up to my goal weight, that was why I did the 46 hr. fast, was going to do 36, but it went so well I blew past that number, fasting :muscle: was working well.

Back to IFing 18/6 protocol. Back down in my comfort range again.

Wishing everyone less hunger, more electrolyte balance, a good swoosh, and happy fasting.