August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Jane) #361

He does and the thin lucky bastard keeps a can of nuts on his computer desk all the time!!!

He had to get a ring guard when his wedding ring just slipped off and fell on the floor.

He is not T2D but he did have a high heart rate and blood pressure which are both much improved with keto. He never would take his blood pressure meds anyway, so good thing we found keto!

That’s too funny! :smile:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #363

I’m 36 hours into my second EF of the month, and really, ever. This one has been really easy! I’m sure they won’t all be. But I haven’t even been having salt, because I forget. It’s in my bag but I feel the same as eating days. I’d probably keep going tomorrow but I have a guest coming in from out of town and I don’t think “Yeah, I don’t eat anymore.” Is a great intro to the keto lifestyle.

My next challenge will be feasting. I didn’t do a great job of that after my last fast. I understand the reasoning, but lowered appetite plus years of conditioning do make it a challenge. I have started enjoying cooking more, but a couple days not eating kicks me right back into not wanting to cook. But I can do it! :fried_egg::bacon:

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #364

And crash!

Don’t get cocky, kid…

If you’re saying that you indeed crashed, it could be the salt you mentioned. First thing most suggest is salt whenever someone mentions not feeling that great while fasting, and yep, I tend to forget to take it myself. But when I do, it does indeed seem to help. I’m just not used to taking it all day long, when I’m not adding it to food. But I’m trying. :slight_smile: … I already keep it in my office now, and plan to get a small container to carry. And just measure out the daily requirement each day.

(Hyperbole- best thing in the universe!) #366

Yeah, I had my salt container in my bag so I sat down and had some salt and water. Was feeling better in a minute or two. I crashed while in line at the store, that’s when in gets me, not moving somewhere stuffy and crowded. But the salt did the trick and I was fine standing on a crowded bus. That’s the true test of how I’m doing.

For containers, check for travel cosmetics containers. This one is great: (earbuds shown for scale)

(KCKO, KCFO) #367

Time for Sept.'s thread: