August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(Allie) #241

I think I’ll fast tomorrow, just because, well, why not? :joy:

(Jane) #242

Can’t think of a better reason!
:smiley:

(KCKO, KCFO) #243

I’m going to start a 36 hr. fast after dinner tonight. Then I will start having a window of 8 hrs. one day, 6 hr. window the next and do another 36 hrs.

I find committing to a set number of hours for eating is helping with keeping any snack temptations from winning.

(back and doublin' down) #244

Underway! 3 hours into a 72 hour fast ~ Here we go on the week!

I think when I get them, it’s probably more so a lack of sodium. I’ve been doing KetoAide regularly, but forget to add additional salt besides this during the day. So could be wrong, but when I make sure to add salt throughout, I don’t think I get them as much? … I will need to pay a little more attention to see if I can figure it out.

In keeping up with keeping things changing, I might try the ADF this week, or maybe for the next two? Then maybe a 72 hr. the following week. … I do miss it when I’m not fasting, but I’ve been fasting quite a bit. 4 out of the last 5 weeks. 3 - 72 hrs. and 1 - 120 hr. … But again, I really want to try to alter it up as much as possible, and even decided to do some TMAD this week, to go along with my regular OMAD I prefer.

So far it’s working. - Hope everyone fasting is having good results with it! :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #246

reaching 20h slight headache. other than that fine.
trying to get in 36h. its a bit mean since I am going to bake tonight for my birthday tomorrow ( keto of course) lets see how that goes. if all else fails I’ll try again on wednesday XD

(Allie) #247

Currently at 23 hours and struggling in a rather decaffeinated state… but I’m stubborn so I’ll carry on :joy:

(Allie) #248

27 hours so far.

Had to make a myself a half-caf coffee (with added salt) as my head seemed to be floating off unsupervised while I was trying to work.

Food withdrawal is easier for me than caffeine withdrawal.

So true. Since getting some practice with fasting, I feel like the usual hunger pangs are like an interesting sensation that I don’t mind so much. But take away my coffee and I’m liable to get violent. :joy:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #250

I was weak and I gave in today , i had two coffees today, my brain is mush.
I’ll get myself some decaf for tomorrow and’ll try it your way Allie…

25h fasted so far.

(back and doublin' down) #251

This has been me from my very first week of keto! No two weeks the same, keeping the body guessing. I suppose I could go weeks doing the exact same regimen for a n=1 on which my body prefers. It’s my mind that enjoys the curiosity of change.

Claudia ~ sounds like an excellent pre-birthday plan! Happy Birthday Week!

Alie ~ congrats on wrestling the caffeine thing.

Fasting today ~ started with black coffee and will shift to water by work time. Going for at least 48, and then a 5 day next week to continue my trend of one 5 day fast per month.

Starting what I hope to be a 48 hour fast. It would be easier if the peeps at work were not so concerned about me skipping lunch. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #253

My fasting plan didn’t quite go the way I wanted it to. I was planning to keep fasting through last night and today then break this evening, but last night one of my friends asked me to help them with something important tonight at the time I would have been breaking my fast. So I broke early last night and then got straight back onto it now with the intention of going until tomorrow evening instead.

(back and doublin' down) #254

I didn’t make my 48 hr plan either. Maybe it was the stress from work. I haven’t logged my food this month, but got to wondering if it was harder this time because of unintentionally cutting back on the amount of food on feasting days.

Going back to IF w/ a six hour window starting today, still considering a fast next week.

(KCKO, KCFO) #255

So I really enjoyed last week following a protocol from the Obesity Code Netwrok FB group. Here is what it looked like:
Sunday: Stop eating by 7pm. Your fast begins at the time you stop eating.
Monday: Fast for 16 hrs with an 8 hr window.
Tuesday: Fast for 18 hrs with a 6 hr window.
Wednesday: Fast for 20 hrs with a 4 hr window.
Thursday: OMAD day. Fast 23 hrs and eat in a one hour window and start another fast afterward.
Friday: Eating window is 8 hrs.
Sat: Eating window is 6 hrs.
Sun: Back to your normal schedule whatever that is.

I am repeating this for this week as the weight that came off, while not much, is staying off and drifting downwards following this method. While weight loss isn’t my primary goal, it is good to see how my body responds to different protocols. Mind you the more space I put between my goal weight and daily weight, the better, it would be lovely to go from a 3 lbs. range to say 10 lbs.

(back and doublin' down) #256

@collaroygal I think I’m going to print this one out~ feels more doable than my plan of a long fast next week.

(KCKO, KCFO) #257

Hope it works for you. I found it odd the 4 hr. window was the most difficult.4 hrs. is too long for one big meal, yet not nearly enough time between 2 meals to feel “right”. The others I really enjoyed, including OMAD. .

Question for you good folks out there in Fasting Land. :slight_smile:

I was just thinking. I’m trying out an ADF for this week, but then had a thought? Since I usually like doing OMAD, that would basically be doing a 48 hr. fast every other day, which I’m fine with. - But was wondering if while doing ADF, does anyone know if it’s better to put 2 meals between fasting times? Not sure why I started thinking about it, but I just got this thought that maybe I should try to get two meals in between the fasting segments?

I was just wondering if anyone had thoughts or experience with this? - So it would either be the 48 hr. fast every other day, or maybe doing 42 hr., eat a lunch to break, then eat dinner 6 hrs. later. Then back to fasting again?

I believe I saw Brenda say in the zornfast they recommend at least 2 meals between fasts. I have no experience with it but just thought I would throw it out there.

Now that you mentioned it, I think I read that as well? Maybe that’s why I got to thinking about it? :slight_smile: Thanks.