August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(What The Fast?!) #261

Y’all. I’m ravenous today. I fasted Monday, had my birthday dinner last night (Tuesday), and today’s fast is ROUGH. I was a little hung over this morning - we had some Dry Farms red wine - and I’m sure that’s the reason why. I went on a 4.5 mile walk this morning instead of my normal bike ride (I didn’t trust myself on two wheels). I’m supposed to go lift tonight…we’ll see how that goes. :rofl:

I am super hungry though and trying to push through.

(KCKO, KCFO) #262

:tada::confetti_ball:Happy Belated Birthday:confetti_ball::tada:

(back and doublin' down) #263

Happy Birthday Week! Glad you opted for safe with two feet on the ground for this morning’s exercise. The wine totally spikes my appetite, so I’ve not drank this month and felt I had better results. However, It’s Your Birthday!

(Alexia Falcone ) #264

I’d be interested to see what answers you get … I am coming off a an extended fast and my brother suggested ADF with two meals since I have trouble getting enough calories on OMAD … I too was thinking of trying this next …

(What The Fast?!) #265

Totally - I haven’t been drinking much at all. In fact, I’d say it’s very rare nowadays. :slight_smile:

Well, no advice so far. :slight_smile:

But I didn’t eat last night, so I had a small lunch today (and plan to eat a something tonight. But I actually do enjoy OMAD more, since I was doing that way before I went Keto. Though while eating SAD, so yeah, it wasn’t good with that WOE.) - It’s just sometimes I feel like it’s forced doing TMAD, but again, I want to keep changing it up, so I don’t mind for a week here and there. Just not as much as others.

(Central Florida Bob ) #267

Dave, this is exactly what I’ve been doing for 9 weeks now. Your second option: fast 42 hours, have lunch then dinner. 42-6 fasting? I do it three days a week, fasting Sun, Tues, Thurs.

So far, 15 pounds down, and I hit the lowest fasting blood sugar in my life last week (? I think it was last week): 75

I totally didn’t make my 48 hours. I had a headache out of no where and thought eating might help. It didn’t. I’m having a bad couple of days. I need to figure out a good fasting schedule.

Happy late birthday!

(Allie) #270

Sometimes I just do one meal then go right back to fasting, sometimes two, really depends how I feel and I’m not sure it really matters as the variation keeps the body guessing.

Yeah, the TMAD for 42-6 actually kind of works, since the nights I’m not eating, the wife just puts my meal to the side, which I then use for lunch. But I think I will still cut that down or keep it for dinner. Mainly because I’ve never liked eating big meals at work. I will also still skip and just do one meal between, but my main goal is to keep mixing it up. … Thanks.

Thanks Allie, makes sense and I’ve pretty much been of that same thinking. I was just wondering if anyone found better results, when putting 2 meals in between these shorter fast, opposed to just the one. But as you mention, I have been trying to just let my system tell me when to eat. I’ve always said if I do happen to get hungry at work, I will simply get something to eat (Which is quite rare) but just don’t want to stick to one regimen. … Thanks

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #273

21.8? Keto Leo Twin!!! Late Happy Birthday then!

(back and doublin' down) #274

Was this from back in your carb infested eating days? Pre-keto, big lunches made me groggy and sleepy. Now that I’ve dropped the carbs, large meals absolutely satisfy me, but the eating now doesn’t seem to do the same thing. YMMV. My digestion runs to the sluggish side. Eating at the height of my day gives that food plenty of time while I’m active and upright, then something lighter or broth or soup at night tends to satisfy.

Is it just me or is IF just a natural rhythm now?

(Central Florida Bob ) #275

It’s not just you. Plus, after just a few weeks of ADF, I find eating two days in a row to be kinda weird.

Yes ma’am, it was indeed. I think it was also one of the reasons I didn’t like to eat during the day. And you are correct, a large meal would definitely make me feel the same way, and sometimes it could even be a smaller meal that made me feel that way. (Think it may have more to do with the type of food too. Some just sit heavier)

I also like your analogy, and I’m pretty much the same. I don’t like eating late, mainly because I don’t like going to bed on a full stomach. I think that’s why I also enjoy the fasting so much, since I don’t feel as encumbered and I prefer the empty feeling over the full. Which also means my agreement to your statement below.

Yes, it certainly does, and I find is one of the things I really love about Keto. It’s like this is how I’ve always wanted to eat, but never knew I could and be healthy! :slight_smile:

Edit: But I have also wondered if this will stay the same once your reach your goal weight, and are pretty much in maintenance? Would think it would still help in keeping at that level, but would be as desired?

(Allie) #277

I don’t eat large meals at work either, I just take in a few snacky type things and eat them at my desk throughout the morning. My hour lunch break is for walking not eating :joy:

(Allie) #278

I’ll be fasting tomorrow, had planned to do it today but went on autopilot last night and prepped food… no food prepping tonight.

I am really struggling with energy at the moment, but it’s not keto related, it’s caffeine detox. I had a few days of one or two cups a day with a 50/50 mix of regular coffee mixed with decaf, then two days of strictly one cup a day, and now haven’t had any at all since yesterday at about 9am so that’s 36 hours so far. It is harder than fasting.

(Doug) #279

@Shortstuff Allie, are you all healed from that fly bite?

(Allie) #280

Yes thankfully @OldDoug, apart from the skin on my ankle looking a bit like scales on a reptile… :grimacing: thanks for asking :heart: