August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(back and doublin' down) #201

it’s been ok for me, no major effects. I do notice that I feel better overall in terms of digestive issues.

Made it 66 hours ~ decided to join coworkers for lunch. No regrets, happy with how I feel. Will do IFs now for the rest of the week, feast on the weekend.

(Frank) #202

We had the same EF! Yeh to us!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #203

I do love my calm… It’s citrate.
I always had chelated next to my bed incase I would forget and be too lazy / tired to get up…

Yep, that is indeed what they sometimes prescribe for just that reason. They want you cleaned out before the procedure. It’s either that, or a diluted mix, but you have to drink a gallon to 2 gallons of the stuff! Everyone I know that has had to do it, said they could barely get that much liquid down. … Told them the bottle is a lot easier, but it’s sooo salty, it’s hard to get it down without gagging.

@Paendora Yeah, in moderation is isn’t bad. But like Bob mentioned, when you have to take the whole bottle for something like a procedure, you don’t want to leave the house, or better yet, not too far from the restroom. Usually runs it’s course in a few hours, but again, it does it’s job very well when taken in full. … Congrats on 66!

I’m 72 hrs. in presently and feeling fine. Drinking my afternoon KetoAide, and added the additional 1/2 tbsp MC.

Not sure if anyone’s interested, but I actually make my Keto Aide now with the following:
1/4 tsp. Morton’s Lite
1/2 tbsp. Lemon Juice
1 tbsp. ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar)
1/2 tbsp. MC (Magnesium Citrate) … Trying an extra 1/2 tbsp. tonight
In a 20 oz. bottle, but I start drinking my regular water right afterwards.

Think I will go put some time in on the Total Gym, since my grass doesn’t need cutting yet. Just want to stay busy.

(What The Fast?!) #205

Hi all! I’m doing Alternate Day Fasting. I fasted Sun night to Tuesday late morning, then feasted. I started my new fast at Tuesday at 5:45PM so I’m 21 hours in now and feeling NOT great.
I went and lifted this morning (leg day) and have been dragging ever since. I had a cup of black coffee this morning and think I might need to go make a second cup this afternoon. #afternoonbrew am I right? :slight_smile:

It’s so odd how some fasts are smooth sailing and others are a total drag. I was going to go to Pilates tonight but I think I’ll save it for tomorrow. My tank is empty today. I took some salt pills and they don’t seem to be making a difference. :frowning:

I actually just poured myself a glass of Diet soda (don’t judge me)!!! I don’t usually drink soda but it sounded good so I went for it. Unfortunately, with this gross aftertaste in my mouth (aspartame - which I’ve tested for blood sugar and I get no reaction), I’m reminded why I don’t drink it often…

(back and doublin' down) #206

totally!

Sorry you’re feeling NOT good. And skipping Pilates is probably a good call if you’re already feeling week.

I’m actually getting ready to go down in my basement and put in 30-60 minutes on the total-gym, but if I’m not feeling it shortly in, I will just cut it short. But they way I’m feeling, it should be fine. … Hope you feel better. :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #208

It cracks me up how you sound so much like me sometimes. The last time I had a diet Pepsi, I was almost sick from the after taste. It has been at least a year since I had one and we were traveling so drink options were very limited.

I also don’t get why a fast some days is easy peasy, nice and breezy, and other days a slog through hell. Even with my beloved pink salt and water. I am also giving up on bone broth fasting, I get hungry when I try to use it now, used to work not so much anymore. It is coffee/hwc or water now.

(What The Fast?!) #209

I actually mix diet soda with soda water to cut the sweetness. When I do that, I quite like it. :slight_smile:

Yes, it’s SO annoying that some fasts are so difficult - especially when you have your schedule planned around a fast and can’t just say “screw it” and eat something. I have been doing my lifting days on fasting because I find that I’m RAVENOUS the day AFTER I lift. I’d like to get some protein in my system right after I lift, but if I do that, then I have to deal with tons of hunger on my fasting days.

Also…has anyone seen this?

Basically, she set a weight goal and split that over 90 days. So - let’s say 18lbs over 90 days. That equals 0.2 loss every single day. She would weight herself daily and if she was over the weight that was set for that day, she would fast that day. Seems simple enough. I don’t know if I can do that based on my lifting/workout schedule, but I like the concept. If ADF doesn’t do the trick for me, I’ll try this.

(Jane) #210

Coming up on 58 hours for me. Just need to get to sleep and I’ll be fine. Need to go to lunch tomorrow to make my goal of 72 hours and mornings are never a problem for me not eating these days.

My husband is joining me here in Ft Worth tomorrow night and I want to break my fast a few hours earlier instead of at dinner with him in case I have any issues. So… lunch it is for my break fast … until my next one. I may do one ADF next week just because.

That article was really helpful, thanks for posting it!

I also managed 66hrs until yesterday afternoon, very pleased! The hunger had subsided, so in that respect I could’ve gone longer, but didn’t feel great, so was sensible & broke the fast, but I’m really chuffed that I didn’t get the extremely dodgy tummy like I’ve done before! The downside is that I don’t feel wonderful today, not sure why, so I’m forgetting the planned shorter fast & will do OMAD for next few days & see how it goes.

About 86 hrs. in, and no problems. … Took the day off to spend with the wife and will probably make some meals for the upcoming days.

(Jane) #214

69 hours here, so only a couple of more to break my fast at noon. I am feeling pretty good right now and wish I had another weekday here by myself to extend my fast… Ah, but there are other fasts in my future so no biggie.

(Jane) #215

That goal is 1.4 lb/week which I sure couldn’t do at my age and metabolism. For me, I would have to have a goal of 0.5 lb/week and that is 0.07 lb/day which my scale couldn’t measure. That would defeat the purpose of using the scale to determine whether I fasted or not that day.

Or I could use her example and averages and fast one day out of every three.
:slight_smile:

(back and doublin' down) #216

This is making me take a hard look at my goal to shed another 22 lbs in the next 10 weeks. The only way to do that is fasting. If I had a scale, I’d be thinking harder about this option of weighing every day, but then I’d feel hypocritical buying a scale just for this. SO, your option of fasting every 3rd day also seems very doable. My first 30#s came off in 12 weeks, and still plenty of fat to consume in fasting without jeopardizing health. Even in Onederland, the scale I’m using suggests another 40lbs of fat to lose just to get in the 25% body fat range.

(Jane) #217

Are you trying to lose the 22 lbs for a special event?

And does that get you close to your goal weight? Because the last 10 are the slowest to come off!

(back and doublin' down) #218

The 22 lbs is a personal goal. I just want to reach that number below 200 and then I think I can relax a little. I’ll still have at least 40 more fat lbs to lose according the Tanita scale that I use.

After eating pork rind pancakes this morning, I think I’m going to be so full that fasting every 3rd day is a serious option.

(Jane) #219

I’ll be interested how it works for you. I tried a couple of days of ADF and I couldn’t eat enough on feasting days and I was afraid I would slow my metabolism down. I think fasting every 3rd day would be better for me personally if I had to start doing it to maintain.

Good luck!

(Jane) #220

Broke my 3 hours ago and I have a slight headache. Still drinking my ketoaid (with SF flavoring now!!) so not salt, plus I salted the hell out of my food.

Feel a bit sluggish and just ugh, so maybe I ate too much for breaking my fast. I’ll go a little easier the next time.