August 2018 IF / EF Chat ALL WELCOME

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #21

2nd fast this week, reached 25h. aming for 48.

One of my last years t-shirts fits again (before i went off the rails hog wild during winter)
NSV all over the place XD

(Allie) #22

This month isn’t off to the best start for me with my Fitbit Ionic dying, some random migraine like visual weirdness (been told I need glasses for screen work and reading), and now a damn horsefly bite on my left ankle which has so far caused it to swell to twice its normal size and is very hot and painful :weary:

I’m glad to be only doing IF at the moment as I think any EF would be just too much stress.

(back and doublin' down) #23

Scariest part for me, the joy of fasting and feeling that rev in metabolism (if one can feel that sort of thing) and then not being hungry or unable to eat. Last time I seemed to do ok. Have been doing IF daily and not sure I’m eating enough in that window. Tired and sluggish and not as mentally agile as I was this time last week.

(back and doublin' down) #24

OUCH! that looks painful. and yes, you are describing a tsunami of stress inducing moments. Best to do some self care, love yourself even more and let your body fall back into a natural fasting rhythm.

Hope your ankle returns to normal soon!

(Allie) #25

@Paendora I’m now sitting waiting to see a doctor as an emergency as it’s more swollen and has started weeping. Really don’t want antibiotics, hate taking pills :weary:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #26

OMG that beast was vile!
Get well!

(Doug) #27

Finishing Day 3. The mist in the trees sings to me, madrigals of peace and purification.

(Allie) #28

:slightly_frowning_face:
Four times a day for a week.

Hate taking pills but my leg is really bad…

These things have to be taken on an empty stomach, but the pain meds have to be taken with food :thinking:

(back and doublin' down) #29

Glad you sought help! How’s the swelling?

I just ended a 67 hour fast this morning, due to what I believe was ‘gas in my chest?’ … At least that’s what it felt like to me? Didn’t hurt or anything, but it was a bit annoying. Felt like if I could just burp, it would have be fine. But alas, I couldn’t. So I ate a salad and 40 or so later, tried a piece of cheesecake I made a few days before.

Have to say at least this time, I didn’t have the issues when I broke the fast. I also made sure not include eggs.

(Allie) #31

@Paendora absolute agony. Can’t put any weight on it this morning. I have to walk my dog so will take painkillers and hope for the best but even getting from bed to the bathroom was agony :weary:

Shoot :frowning:
Good luck, Allie! I hope it heals quickly.

Back again for the weekend. Looking forward to getting some yard work done and a party tonight! Nice to know I don’t have to worry about eating today! Hope your leg is doing better Allie!

(Allie) #34

Thanks for the good wishes everyone, sadly no better. I managed to give my dog a shorter walk than normal after taking pain meds, and did the other necessary things to make sure my animals are looked after properly, and now am trying to rest with my leg elevated to see if that helps.

(Dan S) #35

I posted in another thread but maybe here is better - I’m on day 5, and long story short all 4 days prior have been painless and symptom free but I got up and had a walk and (I think) got a bit more tired than usual because of the heat and me underestimating how much I needed to hydrate. Stomach is rumbling more than it has the whole time I’ve been on keto and fasting but not sure if this is just what happens or whether I should call it a day… I feel great now other than the stomach crying out every so often!

(Allie) #36

If you feel good then keep going.

(Aimee Moisa) #37

Is it normal that all keto macro eating is making me feel icky (nauseated/diarrhea) now that I do IF? I have eaten several meals in the last few days, last IF was Tuesday, so why are my intestines still revolting if today’s breakfast was not the first, second, or even third meal after the IFs I did before Wednesday? Also, I am kinda dizzy and feeling blech in my mouthal region, like I would get with morning sickness.

(Doug) #38

@Shortstuff, Allie, wish that horsefly was meeting up with a flyswatter or other suitable instrument. :rage:

Into Day 5. Have never done any exercise while fasting, as far as “working out.” Some work-related stuff, but it’s not at all the same. Figured that glycogen depletion, if it’s not already happened, could use a little help, so walked up and down the steps to my office. 22 steps. Did it 5 times, then another 5 times an hour later.

After that 2nd set, I could really feel it - tired leg muscles, running out of gas (lactate?). Wow - out of shape - fat adapted? - what a wimp - … I really need to work on this stuff.

(back and doublin' down) #39

Allie, glad to read that you are elevating your ankle. and hopefully the antibiotics are doing their trick. That was a nasty fly bite.

Debating how I’ll go into the week. Have enjoyed some feasting yesterday, maybe today too and head into a 2 or 3 day fast. Work is just easier if I’m not having to deal with food.

(Allie) #40

This is my current view. The bags of corn are for the water birds I look after. It wasn’t too bad this morning. Swelling had lessened and it wasn’t as red and sore. Walked dog, walked to the lake to feed the geese… and that was too much clearly as it got bad again. So more painkillers, more “ice” and more elevation. Back to work tomorrow… :grimacing: