April fool fast - Fasting until surplus fat is gone, maximizing autophagy, metabolic repair

(Dawn) #21

Hi There;

I am going to try to roll with you on this fast. I have a goal of just seven days. I have been getting really light headed with anything longer then 7. Probably because of too much fasting early on. My longest fast was about 16 days. I am interested in seeing how we progress because we are starting about the same weight. I think I may be heavier then you. But let’s see how this goes. I will check in daily. I will probably break my fasts up into about three during the time that you are doing your one. Lets do this! I need to get back on track and this is the best way for me to do it.

(Raj Seth) #22

@Goal179 - yeah - lets do it! I am 18 hours into it - started 4/8, 10 pm
Im going to report weight and fasting glucose daily.

(Barbara) #23

Keep us posted daily … keep up the positive spirit … I am starting a fast next Sunday. Gping to try to do 5 day fast, have only been able to last 2 days so far
You drinking bone broth or just water fasting ?

(Raj Seth) #24

Water, Coffee, Tea, Dt Pepsi, Dt Coke, Salt, and maybe occasional doses of psyllium husk (2-3 TBSP at a time if needed)

(Dawn) #25

@Rajseth @Herewego I am starting the first couple of days off with coffee and powder creamer (no calories) with sweet additions, then I am drinking bone broth a couple of times a day to keep me from eating and to help with the psychological aspects of not eating. My weight has ballooned…I am now up 28 pounds from taking 2 months off from Keto and fasting. I am very scared that I won’t be able to get back in control.

(Raj Seth) #26

Day 2

Weight 217.3 (-5.7)
Fasting BG 132
Pant size 36 - slight muffin topping but I am traveling and only taking those. Leaving the 38" behind - hopefully forever!

No weights till Saturday, 4/14!

(Dawn) #27

Hi Rajseth, if you need additional support and tips, you might want to jump over to the fasting forum. They are fasting veterans and super knowledgeable and supportive.

OHHH Nevermind. Just noticed that you are already over there. :grinning::wink:

(Raj Seth) #28

Day 3
Weight …Unknown

Fasting BG 118

Pant size 36 - very slight muffin topping - comfortable to wear, even sitting :grinning:
Rings a tad looser. College ring and wedding ring.

I’m traveling for work, so no weights till Saturday, 4/14

(Raj Seth) #29

Day 4
No change from Day 3

(Barbara) #30

great work, dedicated is what you are… :slightly_smiling_face:

Dawn how you doing on your fast ?

(Raj Seth) #31

KCKO
KCFO
Having been Keto before, you already know the way to be in control- like riding a bicycle- you can get right back on it
Careful with powder creamer. I thought they were mostly corn solids. 35 calories, 5 gm carbs
I despise it, but this morning I am trying coffee black. One Splenda. May work out. Brain can get used to anything
I’m definitely thinking a lot about when I eat again. Given this was targeted to be EXtended, the prospect of not eating is weighing heavily on my mind. Not hungry at all - just thinking wistfully about when and what I’ll eat. I accompanied my colleague to the pub where he had a 1/2lb bacon cheeseburger. I sat across drinking water with lemon and had no temptation. Sitting in the hotel room bored - I think of the next meal a LOT!!

BE CAREFUL with your re-feeding!

(Another one of those “guess how I know” dealios.)

I am a good faster. I am a bad re-feeder. Them’s just that facts.

(Raj Seth) #34

do you know how to spell disaster pants? Having to do laundry in a hotel while on travel for work?
Not that I know anything about that :slight_smile:
And that was just too much salt/cayenne/vinegar in water on a 7 day fast.
I add Morton’s lite salt to Franks red hot, and put a dollop in a water bottle. Yummy. Just don’t drink it too fast or too much.

(Raj Seth) #35

Day 5
Weight …Unknown
Fasting BG 99 :+1:
Pant size 36 - definitely fitting better :grinning:

(Barbara) #36

Great job , Great motivation!!
You make the rest of feel this is actually possible…
Bet the Diet Coke tastes like heaven … lol

(Straight outta ‘Straya’) #37

Keep it coming please

(Raj Seth) #38

Roger! Wilco :+1:

(Raj Seth) #39

Day 5. Fast ended last night. I decided against trying for a record breaking 2 wk fast. I’m just going to do 3.5 fast, 3.5 feast from now on. Fits my schedule.

Results
Weight 212.4 lbs (217.5 starting)
Blood glucose 126 (99 lowest)
Pants 36” are now bang on!

Fast - successful

(Raj Seth) #40

Day 6 - I think I overdid the feasting a skosh :grin:
Weight 217 - up 4.6 from yesterday :astonished:

Yeah, I know its water, but amusing, nonetheless…

(Dan Dan) #41

Yeah, I am always amused and amazed by the fact that water and food have weight :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye: