April fool fast - Fasting until surplus fat is gone, maximizing autophagy, metabolic repair

I recently listened to a podcast on fasting that talked about how diet soda is not a great option on a fast. I did not pay much attention as I rarely ever drink it. I think it was the Jimmy Moore MD Keto Hacker podcast with the new doctor from California, John someone or other

(Raj Seth) #43

Thanks @Saphire. I hadnt heard that podcast, but have heard that anti artificial sweetener opinion many times. The interweb is strewn with opinions and, much like assholes, every one has one and they all stink. I havent seen any real science behind that claim, or behind the organic only claim, or behind the grass fed only claim, etc.

So, I do what works for me - and diet soda :+1: for me.

Here is the link http://www.ketohackingmd.com/2018/03/

Episode 3

It is around 28:34

(Raj Seth) #45

Thanks @Saphire

(Shayne) #46

I think in one of Jimmy’s podcasts (or youtube presentations - I get them all mixed up anymore) when he was talking about fasting he said that for him, personally, the diet soda made him hungry. I haven’t noticed it doing the same to me, but I’m only on the second day of my second ever extended fast. I’m shooting for a minimum of 72 hours and plan to keep going if I still feel good at that point.

(Raj Seth) #47

Nah. Not me. Day 5. Lotsa dt Pepsi daily. No hunger pangs. Start weight 220. This morning 211.4

Yeah I know it’s bogus, but that new low tastes good!
However, my 36” pants are for real looser. My college ring now fits on my right hand ring finger. My shoes are looser - had to retighten from the bottom eyelets today
Blood glucose numbers are 10-20 lower (114 this morning)

All good.
KETO for LIVING
Keto for Life

(Mel Simpson) #48

Aspartame and splenda spike insulin levels which defeats the purpose of fasting. Make sure you have drinks not sweetened with those non-keto artificial sweetners