April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Trish) #161

For the group that had a BS decrease, that would mean they put out insulin and that insulin moved any existing sugars out of the bloodstream. I would posit this group should avoid the stevia if trying to keep insulin at bay, especially if fasting. The spike would technically break the fast, which is what happens for me though I have yet to test if it’s the stevia or the creamer. Thanks for the video. :slight_smile:

(Trish) #162

Broke fast yesterday as planned. So as you guys know I had that lovely procedure yesterday that required a “cleanse” so I figured when I weighed myself before going to the hospital it was a false low of 157+. I ate a chicken breast and ceasar and tea afterwards. At home later I wanted more food and had 1/3 cup roasted peanuts and 2 squares of dark chocolate. At bedtime I weighed 159+. Totally expected that. Figured this morning would be around the same but surprisingly I’m 157.4 this morning. That’s 9 pounds over my 3/1/3 fast this past week. I will be eating now until next week’s Zornfast. Good luck to everyone else here still fasting and thank you all for the continued community and support. :smile:

(Allie) #163

@Tmdlkwd I have lots of time for Dr Berg but don’t agree with what he’s found in this video because I’ve found through blood testing that when I have stevia (the 100% pure liquid extract) me ketone production stops, as in a reading of 0, and it stays that way for several hours.

(Troy) #164

Understandable, no doubt
We are all our best “ science testing “ study
And that’s an awesome thing!:grin:

(Allie) #165

I’ve just been doing IF (16 / 8 or 18 / 6) so far this month as stress levels have been a bit high. There have been a couple of days when I’ve planned a 24 or 36 hour fast but have decided against it on the day because I won’t do anything to add further stress to my body when it’s already under pressure.

Currently I’m hoping to do a 48 or longer starting Monday, but will decide on the day.

(Tina Emmons) #166

Q for the veterans: when counting hours of fast, be it by leger or by app, do you count the fast starting with last calories consumed or a few hours later when the body actually starts to fast? Splitting hairs maybe but just curious .

(Trish) #167

I count from when I actually ate, if if I had dinner at 7 I would count from 730 or 7 since depending on what I’m eating it only takes a few minutes. Likewise if i finish eating at 645 id still count starting at 7. Whole numbers are easier.

(Allie) #168

From the end of the last meal

(Steve) #169

Just to change it up a bit (and see what would happen) - switched from 16:8 to only having one big meal at noon (all of my calories for the day). Outside of that, only water, tea and electrolyte drink.
Done it for a couple days now - providing more weight loss. :open_mouth:
…also quit my chewing gum habit - if it can break your fast for blood test purposes, then it can break your fast.

(Dawn) #170

Hi

Does April Zorn start today? I think it does. Can anyone verify? There doesn’t seem to be a zorn fast thread for April 2018

(Dawn) #171

That is an interesting question. I do a little bit of both. I typically stop eating a few hours before bedtime. So as a practice, I start my fasting “counter” at the point when I go to bed. That gives me a few hours to let food digest, but still gives me credit for the hours of fasting while sleeping. DOes that make sense?

I think it starts on Monday 16th

Sorry, that was wrong! It does seem they start on a Thurs…

(Allie) #174

I would guess at it starting Thurs 19th

(Liz ) #175

I start my fasting clock the moment I finish eating.

(KCKO, KCFO) #176

^^^^ This, it is the third week of each month.

(KCKO, KCFO) #177

Generally the third week so not this week. Brenda is a tad busier these days and she doesn’t put it up too far in advance anyway.

So 19th would be third week’s Thursday date

(Trish) #178

Hey, nice that it’s working :smile: they do say to keep the body guessing by changing things up. Being of European decent, I’m a big fan of the bigger midday meal though have never really been able to work it into any of my schedules over the years…work, kids, etc. But it’s one of those things that just totally makes sense to me.

(Doug) #179

Hi Tina. :slightly_smiling_face: I think everybody reckons the hours and days from the last time they ate. Personally, it bugs me that for 8 to 14 hours after eating the food is still in the stomach and then the small intestine. I still claim all the hours, but feel a true “one day” fast is like from the evening of one day, all through the next and until the morning of the third day, so more like 36 hours overall.

(Heather Daggett) #180

I was shooting for 3x42 this week and did great until the third fast. I don’t seem to be able to fast through Friday lunch ever. I think it’s because Friday is so boring and slow at my work. Any strategies you all can recommend to get through the urge to eat for entertainment purposes?