April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Jerrett Scott) #181

What is the zorn fast?

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #182

Started after my evening meal last night, headed to 72 hours!

(Liz ) #183

Hoping to go 90+ hours, but we’ll see. 70+ would be good too, started last night.

(Liz ) #184

(Liz ) #185

I think teaching yourself to stop eating for entertainment just takes practice & time. Mostly I remind myself I can eat any old time, but for these few days I’m fasting & the time will pass whether I eat or not so might as well stick to my goal as long as I’m still feeling well.

(Allie) #186

I’m torn between wanting to go for another three day (or at least two day) fast starting tomorrow, or just stick with the IF I’ve been doing as I’m not feeling brilliant… but maybe fasting will help give me the clarity I need… :thinking:

(Justin Jordan) #187

The next two weeks I’m going to do three 36 - 48(ish) hour fasts. In theory they should be roughly 48 hours, as I mostly OMAD, but I’m giving myself permission to have lunch if I want to. So, basically, MWF.

I’ve fasted a goodly chunk of times, but I’ve never really tried more frequent somewhat longer fasts. By fast, I mean just water, coffee and tea. Basically trying to minimize any insulin production. The fairly standard Fung protocol.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #188

24 hours into my 72 hour fast. Easy stuff so far!

(Doug) #189

Rusty, I’m impressed with your good attitude all the way around. :slightly_smiling_face: You’re a role-model for change.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #190

Thank you my friend. I’ve learned a lot from you and the others on this forum. All you guys are an inspiration to me.

(Allie) #191

I’ve decided to fast, but haven’t decided how long for as I’m feeling delicate so will listen to my body - so far I’m at 18 hours so have hit my regular 16 hours easily. The weather is warmer now which will help I think :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #192

I’m 35 hours in, going for 90+ I’ve spent like, 6 months in the 160s slowly working my way down with fasting. I feel like I’m about to move down to the 150s & it feels monumental. Would be fine to spend 6 months in a different “decade”.

Bought a size 8 (US) summer dress this weekend. For comparison my wedding dress was size 20 in 2002. I have to watch buying everything that fits/looks nice. When I was plus size it was so rare to find clothes I liked I bought whatever worked & had a modest wardrobe. Now I realize at this new size many more clothes work & 1) I don’t have to snatch up everything that fits because lots of things fit now and 2) I will go broke if I buy them all and 3) I’m still losing weight & I don’t know what size I’ll land on.

But that summer dress was 70% off so…

(Mark Rhodes) #193

Starting a new EF as of yesterday. likely 5 or 6 days. I am attacking those last ten pounds of fat to get to 10% BF. Dexascan in May so that is a great incentive. My last one in February was disappointing. 3 pound gain in LBM but no fat loss. Likely the problem was all the keto treats at Christmas time.

I back plotted my GKI and although I never dropped out of ketosis my GKI went to a high of 24! OUCH. Using my back plotted GKI I noticed my best results came when I held that GKI score below 5.0. I have done this with the occasional swing upwards of 9.0. I only test 2x a day, 2 hours after awakening and again before noon. This establishes a pattern that I can check to itself.

(Allie) #194

I’m struggling a bit as I got too cold at lunch time - I go for a walk, ten mins, to a seat outside then sit and read for 40 mins before walking back to work, but didn’t bring my coat today as the weather was meant to be warm and after 20 mins of sitting still, I was so cold I had to walk back to work early. Made myself a warm coffee with a little cream in it and feel better, but hunger is starting to bite now… trying to get through as I’ve not even hit 24 hours yet.

(Trish) #195

Hang in there, Allie, it gets better. I promise.

(KCKO, KCFO) #196

Can not give this enough hearts.

Isn’t it wonderful to walk into a shop and have so many options? And if you are going to buy new clothes, 70% off is a sweet deal.

Hoping you cross that 150s line really soon.

I’m doing a few days of strict keto and IFing before jumping into the Zornfast this month. I’m sitting at the top of my range and am ready to slide back downwards this week. Maintaining is every bit as difficult as losing.

(Allie) #197

Well I’m past the 24 hour mark… still going :slight_smile:
I’ll be gentle with myself this evening after work, just an hour of yoga rather than weights.

(Mark Rhodes) #198

@LizinLowell We bought the wife new pants finally. Real jeans, not yoga pants. 3 pairs. She said to me yesterday “Ya know those new pants you bought me?” yes “they don’t fit, they sag”

Oh the problems we face.

(Liz ) #199

Lol yes!! I was so excited to buy size ten jeans & they were almost immediately too big even though my weight on the scale did not budge. I just bought size 6 jeans which are slightly snug but astonishingly still wearable. I have definitely wasted some clothes money but I’m fine with it :smile:

(Raj Seth) #200

Oh yeah. I bought some 38” pants in January. I’m past them now. Best $20 I wasted!