April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Trish) #101

I know what you mean re the boots. I’m a couple hundred yards from the TransCanada trail but it’s a soggy, soft, mushy mess this time of year and so much harder to have a nice walk on.

(Trish) #102

Oh I should add a fasting update. So I was 166.6 on both Thursday and Friday morning. I ate lunch Thursday followed by that abundance of 85% dark chocolate. Been having coffee tea and water plus my vitamins since then, so weight loss not autophagy as goal this fast since I do put cream and stevia in my coffee. Anyway, my weight this morning is 162.6 so I’m very happy to see that. I know some was water from having a less that stellar eating week prior but my previous fasts I did keep 90% of the weight loss off post fast. At 60-something hours now.

(KCKO, KCFO) #103

Small bounce to the top of “my” acceptable range, so after dinner tonight, I will be doing a 36-48 hr. fast to see if it is just water weight that has to be flushed out. I have been eating IF with no longer than 20 hrs. so it could be a little added fat? Hoping not. I shall see.

I have some bone broth handy if it is needed, otherwise, coffee/water and salt. The weather is supposed to be nice this week, after the latest round of snows, so I can get out of the house, that always makes a fast easier for me.

Hope others are doing well.
KCKO
KCFO

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #104

Here I sit at the 17.5 hours and headed to 72 hours. Good luck everyone!

(Liz ) #105

Scale remains reasonable since my last long fast! Doing my weekly fast today, just a short one, maybe 40 hours to keep my fasting muscle working.

(Trish) #106

OMG! Twice already today two different family members have cooked up breakfast and now I have keto bread in the oven for my guys’ lunches tomorrow. Sigh, the struggle is real. I haven’t made the bread before and may have to try a piece when it’s done. Thinking I should just go live in my car or the shed during fasts; might be easier. :frowning:

Well, today is the first day and been drinking a ton of water and lots of salt - an occipital headache began at lunch time and has begun to scream at me in spite of 2 acetaminophens. Maybe caffeine withdrawal but I usually only have 1 cup in the am.

Grrrrr - need this to stop or I need to eat and I don’t want to!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #108

24 hours in and feeling great.

(Trish) #109

Make sure you listen to your body. If you feel you need to eat then you should. You can always eat now and jump back into fasting right after.
I ended up doing that today. I was just struggling way to much mentally and kept getting orthostatic hypotension everyone I stood up despite taking salt so opted to break my fast at about 72 hours and had a nice meal and will now fast and gain another 72 hours to Wednesday night as originally planned.

(Liz ) #110

Approaching 24 hrs of a 42 hour fast (with fats), breaking tomorrow evening.

My month of dairy free is going smoothly so far, just 2 moments when I took a sip/bite of something dairy because I forgot! Otherwise not a struggle. One tbs refined coconut oil (because I’m not a fan of coconut smelling coffee) blended thoroughly into my morning 16 oz tastes just like coffee with cream in it to me now. Amazing.

(Allie) #111

@nearing drink to thirst only, don’t force it. Too much water will flush out your electrolytes.

Thank you.

The headache is gone this am. If it returns, I will allow myself some black coffee.

Woke up 2 hours early, no way I could go back to sleep.

Looking forward the clarity kicking in. :slight_smile:

(Raj Seth) #113

:joy:

(Allison) #114

I have an IF question…I have been using a 17/7 fast schedule and I’ve been doing so for about 4 weeks. No scale weight down, but I have noticed that the last week or so I can go no problem through the morning no hunger, but it’s like my body knows exactly what time of day it is because I get raging hunger when those 17 hours are up, I haven’t been able to get to 18/6. Is this normal or is this the body adapting and I need to change things again?

(Raj Seth) #115

Listening to Megan Ramos - “Mix it up” is an ongoing theme. Can’t let the body learn a pattern of fast/feast - keep it confused, so that it may remain ramped up on metabolism.

(Allison) #116

ok. I’m down for that. Any suggestions please?

(Raj Seth) #117

Try extending the fasting window by having pure FAT when nearing the end of the fasting window and try to hold off for a few hours. Additionally, when in the eating window, EAT! Don’t calorie count. To quote the Fasting Jedis (Fung / Ramos)
When you’re eating - EAT
When you’re not eating - DONT eat
Eat when hungry. Eat till full. Don’t eat when NOT hungry.

I presume I dont have to tell you to stay Keto when eating. If you find yourself getting hungry, eat more fat. I try to eat 85-90% of my calories from fat. I am now never hungry. At least not in the sense that I used to be. Now the hunger is mental - “gee, isnt it time that we had somehting to eat??”
I am 18 hours into my current indefinite ending fast (7days plus I hope) No physical hunger, but mentally I want to snack on something! So I suck on salt crystals.

April fool fast - Fasting until surplus fat is gone, maximizing autophagy, metabolic repair
(Allison) #118

ok then. I will take your advice and try to employ it as best as I can

Day 2 - much better, lots of energy. No headache. BS steady at 70. Down 3 pounds. Mental clarity kicking in. :sunglasses:

(Natalie Palombi) #120

Hi Yall, I’m new to extended fasting, just starting out with my first 48-hour fast.
Currently 20 hours into it :slight_smile: proud of myself!
Not over the halfway mark yet though, so I’m trying not to toot my own horn too much yet LOL
Drinking my own “keto-rade” mix of NoSalt+pink salt+H2O, no coffee today which is a major thing for me as I’m a self professed coffeeholic :hushed:

How’s everyone else doing?