April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Beth Utz) #81

Keep it up! It’s friday!!! :+1:t2::blush:

(Beth Utz) #82

I’m at 2 days and 20 hrs…the longest I’ve gone in awhile! Hoping to go until dinner tomorrow! Keep up the great work!

(Beth Utz) #83

Awesome!

(Doodler for @KetoKailey) #84

Happy for you, @Annababy! There are many wonderful people here!

Today was BC, BC, and smoked ribs for me. Dry rub, no sweet sauce.

(Trish) #85

About 40 hours in now. Still really struggling mentally this time for some reason. Wish it were warmer and dryer out so I could get a hike in the bush in. I think that would help. Seriously haven’t had this kind of craving or mentality issue since starting over 4 months ago. I wonder if the long and lingering winter is having an effect. Maybe will have to up my vitamin d and niacin ??? I think I will allow for coffee rather than just water this fast afterall. Keeping calm and fasting on.

(Steve) #86

I share your pain over the weather - winter came back with a vengeance yesterday - should have done a selfie of my snow-covered self after doing my daily 10k power walk in the park. :frowning:

(Sarah ) #87

I am in day 18 of a water fast… I have taken bone broth (as needed for the minerals,etc.) once I break my fast, planning on going back to a low carb- intermittent fasting way of life… let me ask- is there anyone on here that has been on an extended fast , and if so, how did you “break” your fast and stay in ketosus (what did you eat?)

(Tina Emmons) #88

Breaking my fast after 110:43!!! WAY my longest! Felt mostly awesome. Day and a half with headache but powered thru. SO doing this again! Thanks all! Airport food, not bad! Bacon cheeseburger, mayo and avocado(and wine). Weekend away to party and feast!

(Tina Emmons) #89

I just ate lightly after 110 hours. Heard many say few Macs n olives and wait a bit or bone broth and wait a bit. Then have your first meal. Many have said be near a bathroom, no matter how you break. I’m waiting to see how my next hour goes! Good luck!

(Trish) #90

I just can’t bring myself to hit the like button on your pic post LOL. Actually, it’s a pretty scenery but ya, I’m just so sick of winter. Can’t wait for the warm sunshine. I’m going to try doing some geocaching as apparently there are a tonne of them around here. Will give me a reason to get out beyond simply a walk around the block or something.

(Trish) #91

The longest I’ve done is 6 days (144 hours). I break my fasts with a homemade chicken veggie soup. It’s easy on the stomach and not a heavy meal.

My first day on this forum. Been in ketosis since 2/24/18 and plan on water fasting starting tomorrow for 4 days (trying to heal a chronic corneal ulcer).

Today I eat FAT.

:bacon::bacon::bacon:

(Beth Utz) #93

Hello! I will be joining you! I ended a 96 hr 29 min fast today with a delicious Keto dinner! I will fast tomorrow and hope to go longer this time! Going to listen to body to see how long! Good luck!!:heart:

(Beth Utz) #94

We fasted about the same-well mine ended at 96 hours and 29 minutes-but was my longest too!! Had same experience with headache day 2. Plan to fast tomorrow and see how long it goes…

(Tina Emmons) #95

Awesome!! Loving this. Trying to reverse what I suspect is severe IR. Keto alone wasn’t working. Don’t have a scale available til Tuesday so we will see. All eating out until then. Going to order keto and hope for the best. Just passed on room service caprese salad cuz there was sugar in their balsamic. If it’s a fail, oh well, I now have fasting on my side!

(Beth Utz) #96

Yes! It’s a good feeling to know we can do this!

Awesome! Happy fasting!

So,did well last week with 16:8 - weight was down 900g (2lbs). This week I’m planning to attempt a 3 day fast. Have feasted today in anticipation (the 2 keto dudes podcast episode on Basal Metabolic Rate really resonated with and inspired me). Planning to try and stick to black tea/coffee, water and I have my electrolytes all ready to go. Wish me luck!!! :four_leaf_clover:

(Trish) #99

@fischersd woke up to a dusting of snow again this morning in the kawarthas. Sigh. It’s sunny though so at least there’s that.

(Steve) #100

Yeah, a lot of it here in Kitchener was melted away by the sun yesterday…have a November sky today. Got a dusting last night and it continues to lightly snow this morning.

Hoping that there’s no accumulation at the park…doing my walk with my winter boots slows me down. :frowning: