April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #281

Hey Dawn. Right now weight, or well more like body composition, but also to get BG/Insulin down and cure my insulin resistance.
Even when I eat keto my fasting BG is around 95/105

I have a “Perfectly fine” A1C of 5.2 but this after 3 years low carb/keto and one year IF/EF.
Unfortunately I never tested before, nor did my doctors…
But due to my severe sugar addiction, fatigue and other stuff I had it must have been horrible.

(KCKO, KCFO) #282

I’m doing a 36 hr. fast, started last night a 7PM. I am already thinking I will wait till dinner Wed. but I told myself it would only be 36 hrs. It remains to be seen if I stop at the 36 hr. marker.

Doing it for the autophagy, I’m in my preferred weight range already.

(Steve) #283

Was going to do my first 72 hour fast, but I have a lunch meeting on Thursday…so doing about 64 hours, then break the fast with some broth a few hours before, then some bacon and eggs and back into fasting.

(Beth Utz) #284

Starting tonight!!!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #285

46 hours, such terrible fatigue. It’s barely 8pm and going to bed already… Hoping I’ll see the end of the tunnel tomorrow (hitting Duracell bunny mode) how are you all holding up?

(Steve) #286

46hours here too - guess we started at the same time! :slight_smile: (4pm ET on the 23rd?) My memory’s shot…a little foggy mentally. I did have a bowl of broth yesterday - going to try avoiding that today - really want the autophagy benefit…so just water, green tea and electrolyte drink for me today.

I’ll be breaking tomorrow morning for my lunch meeting, then back on the horse.

I was pretty spent last night as well. Was nodding in front of the TV. :slight_smile:

Edit: Whoops!!! Just realized I’m supposed to donate blood on Saturday (and they freak out if you try to donate while fasting…I’ve seen them send others away). I’ll have to wait until after I donate to jump back on the fasting bandwagon. :frowning:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #287

Well it was around 9PM here in Switzerland, but it seems to be about right. I will have a cup of broth tomorrow morning if things don’t change. Had just water, coffee and salt all day. Yesterday I quite fine, despite the stress from driving lessons :rofl:

(Steve) #288

Ah, ok - I took a look, looks like I’m an hour behind you. :slight_smile: We’re 6 hours behind your local time. (2:41pm here, 8:41pm for you in Switzerland).

Jumping in on an impromptu fast, aiming for 24 hours but I’ll see if I can extend it. I’m on hour 19 now. I haven’t been fasting much for the last couple of months and still aiming for some fat loss (about 10 lbs) and fasting is the ONLY thing that works for me.

I can relate to missing the sensation of eating :roll_eyes:

(Dena) #291

Hi everyone, you guys are so inspiring! Reading about the many successes you all are having helps keep me going. I am aiming for a three day fast. Currently I am 49 hours in and feeling better than I thought I would. I have been keto for two months and did a lot of fasting before keto and it is SO much easier than it was back then. Good luck everyone and thanks for the inspiration!

(Allie) #292

Oh I can relate to missing the sensation of eating too! I’ve never been a foodie and have never struggled without it, until I started doing extended fasts and after a couple of days I really do start to miss it…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #293

Specially on keto… The food is just soooo goooood…

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #294

Why, weather, why do you have to drop from 24°c to 14 on the 3rd day of my fast??? :tired_face:
I am so gonna make myself a pitcher of hot tulsi tea to get through the afternoon

(Dawn) #295

I’m still hanging in there with you @Hardrock_keto_chick. My
weight is coming down nicely which means that insulin is probably doing well too. I really think that I may need to extend this fast through the weekend though. My original plan was to end on Friday.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #296

I had a tbsp of coconut oil in my coffee and some electrolyte powder brain is a little foggy. Fatigue again… I might need to force brake my fast on Sunday since my parents invited me for Grilling. Let’s see. I want to reach Sat afternoon/evening at least.
Yeah weight is coming down nicely here too, always a massive drop on day 3. Going to lift now, maybe cardio after. Let’s see how it goes

(Dawn) #297

I have decided to stop exercising during my fasting. Last time I got very dizzy and I thought I was going to faint. So now, I take casual walks if anything. I feel great but I am a little sleepy.

(Allie) #298

I made this decision during my last EF too, just yoga for me at these times now and on day three even that made me dizzy - head doesn’t like being upside down when fasted.

(Heather Daggett) #299

Hey all. In the middle of a planned 96 hour fast. Longest I’ve done before is 48. Im at about 65 hours and starting to feel a little woozy. I would break my fast but came to work without any food packed as I felt great this morning. My options for lunch are a decent salad with a low carb dressing made from questionable oils or some bbq which may or may not have a carbs sauce. Should I just power through? Or eat one of these options and hope they are Keto enough? Will my digestive reaction ruin the afternoon?:speak_no_evil:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #300

It actually went better than expected. Day 1 and everything after day 3 are awesome for me for working out.
I had such a great moment actually:
Ahhh I really sucked, 4 reps less than last time. Oh wait. I slipped in the list, I accidentally threw in 20lbs extra… Not too bad :star_struck: