April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #301

If it was me I’d take extra salt and power through. If there’s a fat source like a pat of butter I’d eat that too. When I break my fasts I need to be near the bathroom but that’s my particular issue. If I ate something carby coming out of a fast I’d feel lousy. Just my two cents!

(Heather Daggett) #302

This is a good call I think. I have some butter and salt here. And great food at home if I still want to eat when I get there. Thanks!

(Liz ) #303

OK let us know how it goes!!

(Heather Daggett) #304

I ended up having lunch. Butter and salt seemed to just intensify the light headed feeling. Salad with bacon, olives and chicken and Caesar dressing. Feel fine. No tummy rumbles and no wooziness. I’ll have dinner tonight and then back in to fasting.

(Liz ) #305

Sounds like you made a good call!

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #306

Had to call it quits at 70 hrs…
Lessons learned:
-If fatigued go home straight to bed no working out, even if it’s two days in a row
-even bone broth upsets my gut even more when it is on day 3 ‘detoxing’ so I’ll stay with water and go to sleep
-avocados are just as bad as nuts to break my fast with.
-no breaking fast in the evening. Gut upset will just keep me from sleeping…

Everyone out there still fasting, sending out all my love and support! You can do this!

(Dena) #307

I had to quit at 65 so you made it longer than me! I also learned a few things regarding gut issues. I will keep in mind to stay away from avacado and nuts now too. Also learned that by day 3 I cannot handle caffeinated coffee lol so thinking of trying just water. I’m now back on another fast. Wanting to see if I can make it longer than 72 hours but will still be thrilled if I can pass 65 :grin:

(Steve) #308

If you had an intestinal response to the coffee (which is pretty common - it tends to get things moving), then you might want to try finding some tea with lower caffeine content.

Green tea is one of them (though I know a lot of people aren’t fond if its flavour). Has a lot of health benefits.

(Dena) #309

Thanks Steve! I actually love green tea but haven’t had any in a long time. I really should try switching to that instead of coffee. I think it would be perfect actually. Just enough caffeine to get going but not so much that I get stomach issues or the jitters. Thanks for the idea!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #310

Anyone planning on fasting through till the new month? I started about 30 mins ago. Thinking about 96hours this week.

(Steve) #311

+1 - definitely going to do at least 72. Started at 4:30pm ET (so 3 1/2 in).

(Liz ) #312

I guess I am! Started my weekly fast at 7 pm Saturday. Hoping to get to Tuesday night.

(Raj Seth) #313

I think I started about same time. Saturday 4/28, 10 pm Eastern. Fast of indefinite duration. Fasting till I can’t.
Need to lower recalcitrant blood sugar numbers (120s). Side bonus, maybe wear 34” slacks without muffin topping!

(Liz ) #314

I’m out after 24 hours. We went to a club to watch a band last night & I got like, 5 hours sleep. I was fine all day, good energy, but around 5:30 pm I got super hungry which I rarely do when fasting, it wouldn’t let up so I was like OK I’ll have dinner! I’m thinking the lack of sleep was the issue. NBD, any fasting at all is good enough.

(Raj Seth) #315

Yeah, right? Fasting is so hard to restart - NOT!!
No $$ tkts to buy, no $$ medicines to buy, no $$ consultant fees to pay. No wonder it sucks and is denigrated by all :joy:

(Liz ) #316

Haha! You make a good point, no one is profiting when we don’t eat, very threatening to the status quo! Well, except the pink salt companies, they must be ecstatic :rofl:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #317

Just now passing 60 hours. Probably need some salt! :cry:

(Steve) #318

Yeah, I normally have a couple electrolyte drinks a day. Still drinking a lot of water (and some green tea) when fasting.
Heh…wish I could get myself to like black coffee. :slight_smile:

(Allie) #319

May is now live :slight_smile:

(KCKO, KCFO) #320

Thanks Allie.