April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #261

So the outcome of my 72 hours is a loss of roughly four pounds. Starting was 120.4lbs and yesterday morning I was at 115.8lbs which carried over to this morning. My fasting aim is actually autophagy but I’ll take the fat loss as a bonus :joy:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #262

I was very dizzy this morning at 72 hours too. I went with a jug of broth and a splash of hwc in my tea. doing well now. trying to aim for 48 hours longer.
I just noticed i cannot stay home after having broth because it makes me mentally crave food.
I set the rule to only have it in the morning before I get to work, because that keeps me distracted…

(Susan Olsen) #263

Broke my fast on day 6 with a light meal. Felt VERY stuffed LOL. Today I’m bounding with energy! Going to start doing alternate-day fasting next.

(Justin Jordan) #264

I had to break my Friday fast a bit early (i was at 31 hours) because I was starting to feel hypo (I’m a type II) diabetic, and I was down to 81 blood sugar. Which was, actually, a good result. I’m still not sure how I feel about these 36 hour fasts, preference wise.

I’m on day 7, hit a glitch this afternoon I drank a cup of tea and the tannic acid had me so nauseous I felt like I might die. Tried butter in the tea no luck so I ate 2 slices of bacon and some butter and that seemed to help. Note to self no tea without cream. I know this but I decided to forego it for the fast. So I guess my fast ended but I’m going to pick up where I left off. I am 10 pounds from my next goal and I only seem to lose while extended fasting, I’m fighting a cold and have no appetite so I’m going to keep up as long as I can. I’m 28 pounds from my “you will never make that goal.” So that 10 pounds gone would be awesome. Interested to see what the scale brings. My last 2 fasts got me to where I am today but l almost immediately bounce back up 7 pounds. I really don’t want to revisit that weight gain. It’s been laughing at me since I think J
January. Time to wipe it from my scale completely. KCFO.

(Cristian Lopez) #266

you will love going dairy free, use almond milk as milk sub and yeast as cheese sub!!

(Liz ) #267

I really feel all you wrote here, hang in there!

Black tea nauseates me on an empty stomach too, I did that to myself yesterday afternoon by accident, oof. Before Keto I was using water soluble collagen in the tea to counteract the tannins, but since it’s protein I don’t use it during a fast.

(Liz ) #268

Yep I’ve been dairy free for April, no problem! I don’t need a milk sub & I don’t miss cheese. I guess it wasn’t that big a part of my diet. But I’m wondering if I can re-incorporate butter eventually, or even ghee. I’ll have to experiment. We’ll see!

(Trish) #269

Omg I had literally one spoon of chicken gumbo soup that the cook at work made just so I could I could taste it. It was yummy. It was spicy. I was 4 days fasted at the time. 10 minutes later was stomach was on fire! Lasted about 15 minutes lol.

(Liz ) #270

About 36 hours into this week’s fast. Aiming for Tuesday dinner but if I feel good I’ll keep going.

I exercised for the first time in like, a year, yesterday and I’m sore today, muscles hoarding water. Ah now I remember how this goes lol! But it’s the very first time I felt like jumping around since going Keto & boy is it easier 45 pounds lighter with no inflammation!!

My go-to workout is part one of Jillian Michael’s 30 Day Shred. It’s got weights & cardio & abs in doable portions & it suits me. When I was pre-Keto & trying to lose weight with exercise (hah) I did it 3x a week even though it was really too hard on me. I did not lose an ounce, of course, but I liked how strong I felt. Would like to feel like that again. Maybe I’ll try doing it twice a week.

(Dawn) #271

Please let me know how it goes. I want to hear about your results. I am praying for you and I hope things go well. NO T2D for you. :grin:

(Dawn) #272

Great job!!! I know you aren’t particularly fond of exercise, so this is a big milestone. Very proud of you. Keep it up.

(Liz ) #273

Thank you!! I am SO SORE today lololol omg.

(Dawn) #274

I am 16 days on the wagon from a sugar and carb relapse. Happy to say that I am finally back in ketosis!!! I was off the wagon for 50 days.

I am on a 5/2 fasting cycle (5 days fasting/2 days eating keto). I feel so happy, so energetic and so content. I am doing a 5/2 for the next few weeks. Really trying to push that insulin down and get back below 200 pounds. I am going to do 5/2 for one more week, then maybe move to 3/2… and then alternate day fast @Brenda suggested. It will all depend on my results. I have lost about 13 pounds over the last two weeks which lets me know that I had a lot of water weight from the carbage. Right now, I just need to get below 200 pounds, my joints and knees will thank me. thank you to the keto forum for pushing me back onto my feet.

(Liz ) #275

I am so happy for you!! Cheering you on as you do the hard work of getting back on track, so glad you feel better!!

Almost 42h into my second attempt at a 72h (if not longer!) fast. I say attempt as got to 36h last week and felt awful so broke it then. Think I’ve cracked it this week- started after lunch on Sunday having made sure I feasted in the morning which I think has helped pushing through that 36h mark as I was asleep! Feeling good, having coffee with HWC in the mornings then herbal tea and water throughout the day. No major hunger pangs so far and if I feel a bit peckish I do the old salt on tongue trick which sorts me out. Did however result in spilling half a container of jar of salt over my car passenger seat yesterday :roll_eyes:. Anyway, hoping to go til Wednesday 2pm if not longer depending how I feel. Really want to bust through a mini-plateau I’ve been experiencing. KCKO

(Trish) #277

That’s one of the things I like about this whole fasting thing. If I feel my body demanding food then I simply eat and restart or rather keep going. The one meal in the middle of fasting isn’t going to mess anything up or make me gain a bunch of weight or otherwise bugger me up. I love the flexibility. :slight_smile:

(Liz ) #278

Broke at 45 hours, that’s it for fasting this week! I’ll start again Saturday night after dinner.

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #279

I ended my fast after 86 Hours, not because I was forced to, I was feeling fine, but because I missed the sensation of food… :sweat_smile:

I feasted like crazy for the last 4 days and kept off a surprising amount of the lost weight.

Started my new fast yesterday at 9PM. Anyone with me?

(Dawn) #280

Hi @Hardrock_keto_chick. I’m with you. I started Sunday night and I am about 34 hours into 120 hour fast. Coming off a massive feast on Friday and Saturday. I think I probably ate about 3000 calories and still dropped a pound. Keto is definitely not a starvation diet. Anyhoo…I am back on so let’s do this. Let me know why you are fasting too (autophogy, weight, insulin, etc.?) I am fasting for weight and insulin. No more autophagy fasting for me until the holidays probably.