April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Allie) #241

That’s true, I never thought of that! :grinning:

(Teresa (turtle)) #242

On a side note, just curious, do you find that your allergies are worse due to you now consuming more plant material (green beans, etc)?

(Allie) #243

69 hours in and feeling rejuvenated sitting out in this lovely bright and warm sunshine :grinning:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #244

@Shortstuff how far you gonna go with this one. Congrats on your hard work.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #245

I wish I could tie it to something, but it just seems like the older I get the worse they are. I was hoping Keto and fasting would help. Maybe it will given enough time.

(Allie) #246

@rustyk61 starting to feel really hungry now so may well end up breaking fast at 72 hours… but I’ll see :slight_smile:

(Trish) #247

About 43 hours in. Just had some water so feeling hungry now but it will pass. Plus working in a donut shop it’s not like there’s anything here I would/could eat lol.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #248

Be careful and power through! You have lots of experience doing this! :nerd_face:

(Susan Olsen) #249

THAT is some serious will power! Bless your heart lol

(Susan Olsen) #250

On day 5 of my fast. Been taking it one day at a time, just to see how my body feels. I’m starting to have mild food cravings today. I know I could get through it without eating anything. But since this is my first fast should I break it now so that I don’t mentally dread the next fast?

(Allie) #251

Broke fast @ 72 hours as I had a headache come on and was feeling crazy hungry.

(Liz ) #252

Ugh, sorry you experience this too but glad I’m not alone. Do I recall correctly that @rustyk61 has this issue too? Has anyone found anything that helps? Leave the house? Lol

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #253

Yes I have that same problem. I just deal with it until it’s unbearable.

(What The Fast?!) #254

Hi all! First fast in 6 weeks, since eliminating all the foods that calendar back on my MRT food intolerance test. I was hoping that fasting would be better once I cut all that stuff out (avocado, egg, butter, cream, beef, lettuce, etc). I felt good yesterday but definitely lower energy. This morning (36 hours fasted) I’ve got that heavy legs feeling again, like I used to when I wasn’t doing a lot of fasting. I’m going to put a tsp of salt in some water and see if that helps. I’ll break around 37/38 hours with some pork belly.

I don’t know why fasting is so tough on my body - I generally feel lethargic and my legs always feel SO heavy. I was hoping it was the food intolerances but doesn’t seem to be that.

(Allie) #255

Feeling really lethargic since braking my fast. Not had this before. Headache is gone though! Now back to my IF schedule for a few days :blush:

if you binge on all keto foods, and not craving any carbs or really anything the next day do you think no damage done to ketosis? I am definitely not getting on scale. ALso if binge on keto foods, is a fast as necessary ? So far at 19hr. afraid to go 24 as the binge yesterday occured from being starved from weeks of 16 hour fasts.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #257

I’m celebrating ending my fast last night! :nerd_face:. It was the best excuse I could come up with.

(Trish) #258

LOL. Thanks. Most days it’s actually pretty easy. I just keep in mind how hard I’ve worked to get 50 pounds off. The only thing is I feel rather hypocritical selling all the stuff to people knowing how bad it is for them. :frowning: plus I’m like the biggest up seller.
Them: ya I’ll have a large double double.
Me: aaannnndddd. … a fritter???
Them: ya that’s sounds good.
And then I feel bad but I guess I’m not their mother and they’re grown adults, so…

(Justin Jordan) #259

I’ve done two 36* hour fasts this week, which I’m committed to doing through the end of the month, but so far I’m pretty sure that I actually prefer doing longer, less frequent fasts.

We’ll see though, still early days.

*in practice, more like 40 hours.

(KCKO, KCFO) #260

Sorry about the allergies, mine are so much better now on Keto/lchf WOE. Not gone completely, but I rarely have to take any meds now. A very welcome change for Spring, Summer and Autumn.