April 2018 IF/EF chat - all welcome

(Liz ) #201

Thank you!!

And I really appreciate your chronicles of maintenance, hoping to be there someday & it’s so helpful to have realistic expectations about what that phase is like.

(Liz ) #202

Haha! Fantastic :rofl:

(Allie) #203

Over 26 hours and still OK despite earlier struggles after getting cold. Ketones 3.1mmol and glucose 4.3mmol (77 for my American friends). I am out of practice with these longer fasts as I’ve only done IF for the last month or so. Feeling hungry but otherwise OK. Time to do yoga before soaking in a hot bath to start my bedtime routine.

(Trish) #204

At 208 I was wearing “jeggings” type jeans. I realized just how much stretch they had as I wore them to about 170 by which point the butt looked like I’d um…you know lol. I’m a bit of a pack rat so fortunately I’m pulling clothes out from the deep storage that is fitting ATM so I haven’t hardly had to go shopping just yet. And my son’s GF just got a whole new wardrobe lol.

(Trish) #205

A nice cup of camomile before bed should help for a peaceful night. And just think, when you wake up tomorrow you will suddenly be at 40 hours. :wink: :sunny:

(Liz ) #206

Lol!! I do know :smile: I had a gorgeous pair of expensive linen pants that looked great when I was over 200 pounds, but at 165 the back elastic with pleats & ample coverage made me look like I was wearing a diaper :flushed: so I had a seamstress take out the elastic, put in a side zipper, and take the waist in. They came out beautiful!

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #207

48 hours in and at this point I don’t see how 72 hours is gonna be a problem for me. This is my 3rd 72 hour fast this month.

(Allie) #208

I’m now at 41 hours and going OK, cold though so going to get some hot water to drink.

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #209

Way to go @Shortstuff. Keep it up as long as you feel good.

(Allie) #210

How are you getting on @rustyk61?
I’m feeling cold still but I think the sun is trying to come out at last. Hunger I can ignore thankfully… :slight_smile:

(*Rusty* Instagram: @Rustyk61) #211

I’m doing good. I just passed the 60 hour mark and feeling perfect. I am looking forward to some chicken and riced cauliflower this evening. I’ve been thinking a lot about foods that I gonna cook this week, so for me that’s a sign.

(Allie) #212

Enjoy your chicken & riced cauliflower when you get there :slight_smile:

(I came for the weight loss and stayed for my sanity... ) #213

32 hours here. going smoothly… a teeny tad cold now and then but other than that I’m fine. My head is a tad dizzy too, but hey I was expecting full blown carb hangover after that sugar filled fondant cake incident on sat evening, it never came, neither did the cravings…
Salt, water, salt, water… coffee… staying strong :smiley:

(Victoria Mc Coy) #214

Always good to listen to your body. It’s hard to trust after so much metabolic mayhem (decades, in my case) has wrecked the body’s signaling systems, but Keto and fasting are allowing me to relearn that trust. There are times when fasting is too much to ask. Stay keto, be good to yourself, and tackle the challenges when you feel good about it!
I’m going in for either 2 or 3 days this time. Looking forward to the support of the group as a first-time Zornfaster!

(Allie) #215

Aside from the hunger pangs, I feel fine now - cold really gets to me, it makes my body shut down I’m sure. When I’m at home it’s easy to manage as I can be active, but stuck at work as an office drone… I hate not being able to move around! Thankfully the outside temperature has increased now and I’ve had a walk around outside on my lunch break so am feeling lots better than I was earlier.

(Susan Olsen) #216

This is my first fast and I’m at 86 hours so far. I’ve been doing keto for a long time and recently decided to start doing omad. I realized when I got to the point where it was time for dinner, my one meal, I wasn’t hungry at all. But I made myself eat anyways because I thought it was necessary to keep up my energy. Once I started reading these forms I realized fasting is okay LOL and I should listen to my body. Well so far I’m still not hungry. I decided I would let this fast go as long as my body feels so good, but my question is will I get hungry at some point? I’m kind of surprised at my lack of any cravings.

(Allie) #217

You will, your body will tell you when it needs fuel.

(KCKO, KCFO) #218

There is a thread for maintenance under Progress forum. If you are within 20 lbs. now is a good time to start reading the suggestions, concerns, issues, etc. there.

https://www.ketogenicforums.com/c/progress/maintenance

(KCKO, KCFO) #219

Yeah at some point food will sound good again. It is good to listen to your body, keep doing that.

(Allie) #220

Over 49 hours now and ketones are at 4.8mmol with glucose at 3.1mmol (56 for my US friends).