7 days in and cheated

I started on Monday and today was day 7. I was doing amazing until … “time of the month” hit on Friday and the hormones were too much today.

Beginning part of my day I was hungry than usual, nothing was satisfying, nothing was filling enough.

Finally broke down and had a chocolate shake and fries.

Starting over again tomorrow. Hoping the hormones will be calming down! And I will prepare for next months cycle before it hits so I have some low carb chocolate near by!

Back on the horse! :racehorse:

(Ron) #2

Google or use search on this forum for “Keto fat bombs”. These will help with the cravings and are much better than the carbage if you have to indulge in the beginning.:tongue:
This is a good read-

Don’t worry about it. Think about it this way; when you ate high carb did you have the occasional ‘healthy’ day?

Well…if you want this to be a lifetime change if you think you will avoid having what you desire occasionally then you are kidding yourself.

Of course, if you are committed it’s good you hold yourself accountable because it shows you care, but it is definitely not the end of the world.

Also; have you started to consider fasting or plan fasting yet? Reason I ask if because once you master Intermittent and Extended Fasting and are confident with it you can use it to counter ‘cheat’ days. For example; I had a Chinese meal the other week and gorged a bit on chips and lots of protein; I then fasted for 20 hours into the next day to kind of reset the clock. However fasting to get back to ketosis is not always necessary I don’t think; if you stay committed and your body is fully adapted, then you may just slip back into ketosis as soon as you have your next meal.

Thanks!

Love intermittent fasting! :smile: