5-Day Fast Diary / Tracker

I think I’ll add some ACV too, that’s a good idea. I always carefully plan when I’m going to break my extended fasts to make sure I’m not going to be running around outside my house. Unfortunately, I have yet to escape diarrhea after breaking a fast, no matter how slowly/gently I do it. But it’s only the first day that I have any issues.

Wow, those are some great results! And imagine all of the stuff going on behind the scenes in your body that can’t be measured.

(Susan) #44

I understand. My hubby’s illnesses and things we are dealing with here are VERY stressful, and sometimes I just have no clue what to do with cope with it all, so I get that.

(Susan) #45

Awesome !! Congratulations, you have done great =).

Changes in body measurements! I took my measurements yesterday before breaking my fast and completely forgot I had written them down the day I started, too. (If this is weird to share here, please let me know.)

Measure Oct 5 Oct 10 Inches lost
Neck 13.75 13.50 -0.25
Bicep 13 12.25 -0.75
Chest 36 35.50 -0.5
Breastline 38 37.50 -0.5
Ribcage 34.25 33.00 -1.25
Waist 33 32.25 -0.75
Stomach 36 35.00 -1
Hips 40 38.75 -1.25
Thigh 24.25 23.50 -0.75
Calf 15.75 15.50 -0.25

TOTAL LOST: 7.25”

I wish there was a home test for autophagy or growth hormones!

Btw, you should be almost done right? I think 120 is a great length for an extended fast. Gives you just the right amount of time on the weekend to recover.

I have about 7 hours left. I’m around 113 hours in.

That’s why we’re rock stars, sticking to our plans even through all the challenges! :star_struck:

So my fast ended very well and so far, two days later, I’ve had no emergency trips to the bathroom and no other digestive issues. I’ll post here what I’ve eaten just in case someone else may find it valuable, and to document this 5-day fast from start to finish.

The night I broke my fast
6:30 pm - 2 Tbsp apple cider vinegar
7:30 pm - 1/2 cup sauerkraut
8:30 pm - another Tbsp of ACV and a few spoonfuls of sauerkraut

Next day
7:00 am - coffee with HWC, MCT oil, squirt of Pyure
7:30 am - 1 cup chicken/mushroom bone broth with spinach and rotisserie chicken
10:00 am - fried egg, half avocado
3:00 pm - a small serving of a breadless Reuben (corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, homemade thousand island) It took up about half the size of a dessert plate, if that gives you an idea.

Second full day
8:00 am - coffee with HWC, MCT oil, squirt of Pyure
10:00 am - larger serving of a breadless Reuben (corned beef, sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, homemade thousand island)
3:30 pm - spicy chicken and avocado salad with salsa, sour cream, spiced and fried rotisserie chicken, half an avocado, jalapeños, a little iceberg, and fresh cheddar cheese

Tomorrow, which will be my third full day after my fast, I will start back to my normal everyday Keto without fear of GI problems. I’ve mostly been avoiding yummy fatty meats, butter and oils, but I’ve snuck enough in the past day or so, so I’m excited to make some bacon, smoked sausage, and a butter coffee tomorrow.

What Did You Keto Today? The Trilogy!
(Susan) #51

That is awesome, you are doing great =)).