5 Day Fast - Anyone want to join?

(Robert Allen) #41

3 and 1/2 days now without a problem. No hunger pains. Feeling normal. I am contemplating breaking my fast with a stick of butter, cream cheese and coconut oil.

(Karin Geertsma) #42

Good Morning! Coming up on 84 hours and feeling better than yesterday. I did a 3.5 mile walk this morning and it was definitely not my best time, but it got me up and feeling energized.

I finally slept better last night after 2 nights of very restless sleep with my feet cramping. I drank some salt water last night before bed and plan to do that throughout the next two days.

My fast technically ends at 10:00pm Friday night, and I see no point in eating that late when Iā€™ll probably be almost ready for bed, so I plan on extending my fast until Saturday morning after my workout. Iā€™m taking the kiddos to Sea World on Saturday, so Iā€™m a little concerned that all of the food temptations will make me want to eat way more than I should (I donā€™t have a good track record with successfully breaking my fast without going a little overboard). Iā€™m going to pack some sauerkraut, macadamia nuts, and maybe a container of eggs and bacon with butter, so weā€™ll see how it goes :slight_smile:

We are almost there, hang in there everyone!

(Duncan Kerridge) #43

Same here about Saturday morning, youā€™re right there doesnā€™t seem much point breaking late at night. Iā€™m not so concerned about being a glutton on Saturday however, Iā€™ve got a five day pass after all :grinning:

(Karin Geertsma) #44

We do have a 5 day pass! Itā€™s pretty exciting, lol. I just know me and donā€™t want to completely counteract everything Iā€™ve just done in the last week like I tend to do after a fast. This is my longest one yet so Iā€™m not sure how my body is going to react if I eat a ton of food, but I suppose Iā€™ll find out :yum: I just need to plan it out well and then go back to my normal eating on Sunday.

(Brian Walters) #45

I noticed today that my physical hunger is pretty much gone. I stopped getting those waves of hunger that usually come at certain times of the day, like at lunch and dinner time.

I have a friend that thinks you have to have exogenous glucose for energy Friday evening I am going to challenge him to go on a run with me or go to the gym and see just how bad I am hurting without any ā€œneccessaryā€ exogenous glucose

(Karin Geertsma) #46

Same here, Iā€™ve had a couple pangs of hunger here and there but nothing like what I was getting the 2nd and 3rd day. Hoping this continues through the end of the fast!

That is so awesome, can you report back at the end of your challenge?? I think the results will be pretty great :smile:

(Robert Allen) #47

Adding some Mortilonā€™s lite salt to the fast helps with the cramping as it contains magnesium and potassium.

(Robert Allen) #48

Mortonā€™s

(Mitch Barrett) #49

Finishing out day 3 tonight. No real hunger issue at all, no real issues at all so far. I have been steadfast about keeping up on sodium/potassium/magnesium which I believe really helps.Tonight will be my longest ever duration and I hope to continue for a few more days.Keep it up people!

(Karin Geertsma) #50

Iā€™ve also been using pink salts and potassium/magnessium supplements (Iā€™ve been meaning to pick up some the lite salt to simplify things but it hasnā€™t happened yet) and I think itā€™s really helping out.

Mitch, Iā€™ll also be at my longest fasting time as of 10:00pm tonight, itā€™s pretty exciting!

Way to go everyone, weā€™re all hanging in there and there is a light at the end of the tunnel, we got this!

(đą«ÆĪ±ąø— Źą«ÆąŖ½Ę¬Ń³ąø—) #51

Up to 108hrs here

Not hungry at all - BGL is around 5 or lower. Ketones are still around 2 - maybe due to the 1-2 cups of bone broth or the fact Iā€™m not exercising at all.

Just keep fasting!

(Duncan Kerridge) #52

108hrs here as well, day 4 was a breeze, maybe one or two hunger pangs but that was it. Iā€™d said no more exercise until the end but ended up doing a 4 mile walk last night and another 6.5 miles this morning. I might be addicted to walking.

Dropped a couple of pounds this morning, BG just now is 3.3 (59) and ketones up to 6.6. Making me a keto cheesecake this evening for tomorrow and stocking up on my bacon and eggs.

(Robert Allen) #53

At 110 hours and feeling fine. Also no hunger. Day four was very easy and today is no problem. Very easy to fast five days. Let us do ten days next!

(đą«ÆĪ±ąø— Źą«ÆąŖ½Ę¬Ń³ąø—) #54

5 complete. Broke fast this evening. Had a bit of a feast. Might go another couple of days now.

(Jennifer) #55

Had to take some ibuprofen last night so ate 4-5 olives to go with it. Canā€™t take it on an empty stomach. But I donā€™t really consider that breaking my fast since my goals are elevating my HGH and autophagy. Fat fasts still count! lolā€¦

Iā€™m still deciding what to eat today - usually, I have eggs as my first meal. Yumā€¦

(Brian Walters) #56

10 more hours to go! Hunger has been at a minimum, but mentally I do very much desire the taste of food, it all seems so delicious :grin:

I have felt a little weak, lethargic, and some malaise.

I will do another 5 day fast, probably in November, but next time I will try it with some fat each day to see if that helps

(Brian Walters) #57

My take aways from this fast for me to consider next time:

Maximize sleep, at least 7 hrs a night
One thing that has hindered my sleep is my obsessive thinking. While Iā€™m fasting I canā€™t stop thinking about it and I think that kept my mind racing while sleeping. Not sure how to stop that next time.

Minimize caffeine, I felt one day I had too much, and that created some physical stress.

Get some exercise everyday but donā€™t over do it.

Try to keep busy in the evenings to help keep my mind off fasting.

Recruit people to fast with me, you guys have been helpful, it was good to share my experience with others and to get input as well

Also, will probably try having some fat each day next time, I think I might be to lean to do a 5 day water fast, my BMI went from 24 to 22, I am 5ā€™9 , my weight went from 163 to 151

(Barbara Greenwood) #58

Well done all of you. I ended up doing 3 days of kefir-only and 4 days of one light meal, of which today is the last. But I did do 94 hours without solid food, which Iā€™m very pleased with.

Blood glucose has been in the low end of normal most of the time. Iā€™ve lost 7lb. Donā€™t know when I might do an extended fast again, but I will be doing one 40-hr and one 24-hr per week from now on.

(Duncan Kerridge) #59

One thing Iā€™ve noticed is my resting heart rate has really dropped this week, normally Iā€™m in the low 60ā€™s but the last couple of days Iā€™ve checked and itā€™s been 52-54. Not sure if itā€™s related to the fast, Iā€™ll keep an eye on it next week.

(Karin Geertsma) #60

Almost to 108 hours and feeling pretty good. A few hunger pangs but nothing I canā€™t handle. I plan on fasting until the 132 hour mark (tomorrow at 10am Iā€™ll break fast), and mentally I cannot wait! Physically I know Iā€™ll be just fine.

Iā€™m down almost 9 pounds, but donā€™t have any BG or ketone measurements. I know mentally Iā€™m feeling good, minus my obsessive thoughts around food. Does this get any better the more extended fasting you do? Iā€™m right there with Brian and not sure how to resolve this issue.

I made keto cheese crackers last night and they are waiting for me in the fridge :slight_smile: I told my kids earlier this week that weā€™re done with sugar and they have been quite upset, so Iā€™m doing a keto dessert baking fest tonight to help show them we can not eat sugar and still enjoy delicious things, itā€™s going to be hard not to taste test! But Iā€™ve made it this far, no going back now. Iā€™ll enjoy my fair share of them tomorrow. :grin:

Thank you all for the comradery and support, itā€™s been a huge help for me this week. You are all amazing, keep it up!