5 Day Fast - Anyone want to join?

(Robert Allen) #61

Nearing the end of my 5 day fast. Found it not hard to do but really helped doing it with Brian and my on line support. I lost around 8 pounds. I am 6’1" and started at 178 pounds. Now at 170# and BMI NOW at 22. Did not measure any labs because there is nothing else I could or would do differently.

“Let food be thy medicine and medicine be thy food.”

(J House) #62

Hey guys! Almost done :smiley:
This wasn’t my first 5-day fast but it was definitely the hardest. I guess because I’m so much closer to my goal weight I have less fat stores to pull from. I lost ~10 lbs but I know from experience that I’ll gain about half of that back (which is still good!).

Stepped on the scale this morning and was 166lbs (for perspective I started the diet in May 2016 at around 280lbs. I’m 5’6.5"). The bulk of the weight was lost within the first 6 months and since then it’s just sortof been maintenance/lazy keto.

This fast has inspired me to be more strict with my eating and push forward to my goal weight of 150lbs.

I’m going to continue doing 20/4 IF but be way more strict on my protein intake (I usually always go over! Bacon and cheese are too good…)

I’m pretty excited for dinner! My plan is to stop at 5-Guys Burgers and Fries. They’ll make your burger without a bun by wrapping it in iceberg lettuce. It’s absolutely amazing! No fries obviously :wink:

(J House) #63

Hah! I just realised: 5 day fast ending with 5 Guys burgers. Fitting !

(Karin Geertsma) #64

Duncan, I’ve noticed this too with all of my fasts. My resting heart rate SKYROCKETED during my week of overindulging (which goes to show how big of an impact what we eat and drink has on us!) but is now back to where it normally is, somewhere between 58-62.

(Karin Geertsma) #65

That’s amazing Jayhouse, you’ve come a long way! Enjoy your very well deserved burger! I have one day a week where I go over on carbs, and I’ll usually make homemade sweet potato fries, you could always do that to go along with your burger. They’re delicious!

(Duncan Kerridge) #66

130 hours and I’m done. Much easier than I anticipated, day 4 and 5 especially, well done all! I seem to hold on to a lot of water for the first couple of days, last night I was peeing all night and a couple of pounds down this morning.

Final blood test just now was BG 3.3 (59) and K 6.4, 193lbs to 187lbs

(Karin Geertsma) #67

I lasted 133.5 hours. If you would have told me 6 months ago I’d successfully fast over 5 days I would have laughed hysterically. It’s amazing what the body is capable of. I’m down almost 10 pounds, but that’s just a bonus. My body was in need of a well deserved rest.

Well done to everyone here and thanks for joining in!!

Now to feast! :yum:

(Tony ) #68

Im on 5 day fast too. Day 3 for me, ketones results so far, 24hrs 1.7 mmol/l , 48hrs 3.4 and now at 5 mmol/l not really hungry , keep adding salt every few hrs under my tongue lost count how much water, seem to being doing the trick, metal clarity is strong.

(Tony ) #69

Day 4. What I have noticed so far. Hunger pangs aren’t too bad. The rumbling is less frequent. Mental clarity is real sharp, little bit of a heavy head feeling but certainly not foggy. I feel in tune of my surroundings , My eyesight is real sharp too. I was watching the documentary Facing the fat on Youtube , between day 8 and 16 of along fast, any old injuries will temporary be painful. Its day 4 for me and the osteoarthritis in my left knee is so painful I’m limping when I walk. Just walked back from the local shops purchase some smart water and now notice the feeling of being week. Going to break my fast after work tomorrow around 530pm.

(Tony ) #70

Fast over, I would like to say here are my 5 day fast results , however I felt so good I ended up going to 7 days. In the end I was just not missing food.
My bloods for the weeks are as follows, 1 to 4 was evening only testing. Day 5 to 7 was morning and evening. Blood mmol/l are;
Day 1 1.7
Day 2 3.4
Day 3 5.0
Day 4 4.7
Day 5 am 5.5, pm 6.8
Day 6 am 4.9, pm 6.1
Day 7 am 5.3, pm 5.6

two days after my fast an am result showed. 3.4

I May incorporate a fast once a month but more than likely a 3 day fast.

Good everyone