3 Weeks In, Not Too Impressed, Ready to Give Up

(cheryl) #78

Thank you Virginia, I have only been on keto for about 7 weeks and needed to read your words !!

(M C) #79

I had a similiar experience early on J. My hubby lost 20lbs his first month I lost 4. It’s been a year and I have lost 100lbs now. Keep at it. KCKO really is the best advice.

(Doug) #80

:sunglasses::rainbow: Great comment, MC, and congratulations - wow!

(Banting & Yudkin & Atkins & Eadeses & Cordain & Taubes & Volek & Naiman & Bikman ) #81

A lot of women lose a lot of their scale anxiety with monthly weighing, rather than daily. Ebb and flow, woman things I’m not qualified to discus. My trick for not worrying about daily fluctuation is to never log increases. If I go a week without a new low, then I review what I’m up to, but I can move several pounds a day, so logging the roller coaster as you’ve done would make me nuts.

(Lisa D) #82

is there a chart to understand all of the acronyms? :rofl:

(TJ Borden) #83

What are you macros? How many calories are you eating every day? You may not be eating enough. Also, are you taking measurements? The scale isn’t the only way to measure progress. I have been on keto for 7 weeks now and I’ve lost 1 frickin’ pound. But I’ve lost 1.5 inches in my waist. My progress is showing in my measurements but not on the scale.

(clane) #85

Newbie here - since march…
All I can tell you is:
Trust its going to work - stop comparing yourself to anyone else, even your hubby.
You might have other things going on that you can’t see - your system healing --is a big one… I’m still in tht stage myself.
Look for the small victories - I’ve not lost a single pound since I began March 1st . not one
But yet I saw my wrist bones appear last week. Havent seen them in forever. My shoulders are bony…when did that happen?
My clothes fit exactly the same, yet suddenly when I need to get down on the floor to pick something up, look under the couch, I don’t struggle to get up… hmm.
I wake up earlier, but I admit I do still crash hard in the early evenings - I figure I’ll get over that eventually - like everything else. Maybe my body just needs the sleep to heal - who knows!

I look at it as–it took me 2 plus decades to get into this kind of shape/health - there is no magic pill thats going to reverse all that damage in a space of a couple weeks or even a dozen. But I’m on the path and feeling a little bit better everyday - that makes it worth it, right there.

(Lisa D) #86

You Rock!!! Thank you!!!

(Championsidewinder) #87

At least 2 months? Hahahaha what a crock, I have been on this crappy keto diet for 2 1/2 months and still not fat adapted, and I don’t think it will ever happen, this diet is a joke

(Empress of the Unexpected) #88

No, you must be doing something wrong. I replied a minute ago to another post of yours. Meat and vegetables, or meat only. I can drop pounds just eating meat only for a few days. Tell us more and we can try to help. You are being too negative about things. Give us your usual diet and we can help.

(Championsidewinder) #89

Sorry but I’m mad and sad about to cry, because I am so fed up

(Empress of the Unexpected) #90

Can’t see lunch or dinner. I tried lowering the fat and that helped me.

(Championsidewinder) #91

I need to eat enough veggies to get enough potassium, so I just won’t cut back on them and I will never do a fast because I tried for a day and got bad keto flu, I take magnesium malate 1 Cap 3 times a day and one 100mg coq10 a day and fish oil twice a day and 2 multivitamin in morning

(Empress of the Unexpected) #92

Do you eat any dairy, or nuts? They can be a problem for some people.

(TJ Borden) #93

There are other sources of potassium other than veggies.

As far as fasting, it can be a great tool, but you definitely shouldn’t force it. Most people’s first round of IF is accidental because they simply aren’t hungry.

How have you been feeling? How’s your appetite been?

(Doug) #94

Fasting is certainly not always easy, but for most of us it gets easier the more we do it. You really do get used to it, and the body gets better at burning fat - both eating ketogenically and when fasting.

For quite a few of us, keto helps a lot with metabolic problems, with hormonal regulation, etc., but it’s fasting that provides the weight loss.

(Championsidewinder) #95

I eat sunflower seeds but I suck on shell and all then crack them open with my teeth then eat the seed inside

(Championsidewinder) #96

Yes but I am more worried about getting gallbladder problems by extreme weight loss and fasting, that’s why just eating keto is fine, and trying to eat in an 8 hour window is crazy hard to get my calories up, anything less than 800 calories a day is bad I just won’t go there no matter what ppl think or say, my wife just had a gallbladder attack and almost died

(Empress of the Unexpected) #97

I eat two or three meals a day.