3 Weeks In, Not Too Impressed, Ready to Give Up

(Running from stupidity) #396

Here’s a (badly-white-balanced) shot of medium-rare rump done in the sous vide then briefly seared in a hot pan. It’s not the best example, but just the one I’ve got easily to hand.

(TJ Borden) #397

Ahhh…, look at that sexy piece of meat

YUM! This looks flipping amazing.

(Running from stupidity) #399

And it’s pretty much the cheapest steak you can get (down here, anyway - on Sundays at the market I can get 2kg for $20, and I’ve bought 8kg in the last couple of weeks…). We have it multiple times a week. If it was up to me it would be what I ate every night, and at lunch as well :slight_smile:

Making a diane sauce to go with it tonight, I think.

(TJ Borden) #400

Apparently I’ve maxed out my “likes” for the day, so I’m officially done for the day. Have a great evening everyone… yess even you @championsidewinder.

(Ellie) #401

I think you are confusing electrolyte imbalance with being fat adapted. You are almost certainly fat adapted, but - separately - you have an electrolyte imbalance that is causing your cramps.

You said that your weight loss has all been water weight, but I don’t think that someone of your size (by which I mean not that overweight) has 30lbs of water! So you have lost weight and it is working.

As far as needing to eat to get potassium etc, have you tried ketoaide?

This can help you get the electrolytes you need if you want to try fasting again.

I have to say that I agree with @Baytowvin in that every suggestion you are given you respond to with a ‘I’ll never do that’ or ‘it won’t work’. I think if you can get your electrolytes sorted out then you will find things easier and then you could try some of the suggestions.

As a side note, I seem to recall in one of your earlier posts you mentioned that you have ADHD. I have a friend with that and she struggles with things she can’t control and gets very frustrated. Some of your posts come across as very aggressive and dismissive of the help you are getting. It may be that your ADHD is a contributing factor to that, and I’m sure people will be patient, but if you think about the tone in your posts you may get less confrontational responses.

(Championsidewinder) #402

As far as fasting, if I want more potassium I would have to eat potassium chloride with salt, I know that but I don’t use more than 1/4 teaspoon twice a day of potassium chloride because too much is dangerous, so fasting is out because I would have to eat more of it and I’m just not gonna. I am just going to lower my protein from 154 total to about 120 to see if I get more fat adapted, and as for Electrolytes I do pee more than most because of this stupid enlarged prostate bph that I was tested years ago that it’s only that just bph, but butter cheese have growth hormones in them so I am going to stop eating butter and cheese to hopefully help shrink my prostate over time. But now my carb manager app is set to 120 gram max protein and 20 net carbs and 151 fat and now it says 1928 in calories, and know ppl on keto don’t count them but I still see it on my app, so it makes me think how many calories should I be consuming is 1928 close or what? I found the app because I don’t understand all this confusing stuff about keto, then ppl say just eat well I would like to do that but I tried that the first two weeks and didn’t do nothing but I ate more and just not knowing how much of what I should be eating just blindly eating whatever I don’t like. I just want get more fat adapted so I have good energy, because yesterday I had no energy at all, I tried playing disc golf but could barely pull my cart let alone throw a frisbee, I just went home and lay down, it sucked and thought to myself I hate this diet it sucks 11 weeks of this crap and is not working and nobody can help me, I just hear the same thing keep going it will get better but it has been getting worse over the past month, I’m depressed sad and mad, sorry to everyone about last night I’m just so tired of nothing working right :disappointed:

(Championsidewinder) #403

I am not ever going to fast, I don’t like it I just won’t do it, sorry but I cannot go more than a half a day without eating and I want energy and not getting enough energy is enough to make me quit this diet because I like playing disc golf everyday and no energy means it’s time quit this stupid diet and eat something to get the energy I need, but I still am on this diet because I don’t really know what else to do, I’m frustrated and pissed off and just plain lost

(Ellie) #404

I feel your frustration and given that your fatigue is going on for so long, I can’t help but think that there is something else going on.
I know you aren’t a fan of doctors, but I wonder if it is time to get a blood test to see if there is something else you are deficient in, or something else going on. Being run down and having no energy can also be a symptom of chronic infection, or chronic fatigue syndrome or something similar.

I guess one question is - if you go back to a ‘normal’ diet, do you feel better? Do you have more energy? If you are only getting the energy from sugary things then you are just covering up an underlying issue.

(Jane) #405

Do you understand the difference between these two words. MAXIMUM… MINIMUM.

@Baytowvin has told you REPEATEDLY the 120 is the MINUMUM. That means… eat AT LEAST 80-120 G protein. You CAN.GO.OVER just like your friend, just like the article YOU LINKED UP.

What makes you think you aren’t burning fat for your main energy source instead of glucose? For some people they become fat-adapted but their hunger never goes away like it does for some. Unfortunately no way to test for fat adaption.

You should use your tracker BUT.ONLY.TRACK carbs to make sure you don’t go over. Track protein TO MAKE SURE YOU AREN’T UNDER. From your posts eating under 80 g protein isn’t an issue so you really only have to track carbs!

It really is that simple. Bring so pissed off will stop your weight loss. I won’t post the science on cortisol because you will skim it, misinterpret it and get even more pissed off.

(Championsidewinder) #406

No, I’m a night owl, I have energy in the morning but most of my no energy is from getting up 4 times I night to pee and I have sleep apnea and wear a mask but I put ice in my reservoir because I cannot breath that hot air so when I get up to pee I have to take mask off and then I come back to bed the air is hot again so instead of getting more ice I just say f it and don’t wear the mash the rest of the night but I was at 260 pounds when I got the mask n stuff and I think I don’t need the mask no more because I lost so much weight, I go to sleep between 11 pm and 1 am, my body is so used to staying up late and can’t seem to go to bed earlier, so I’m not going waste money at a doctor for them worthless f tell me my cholesterol and blood pressure is high, and say keto is bad, because modern medicine is total bs, they just want everyone on pills that’s why they put them damn commercials up on tv, ask your doctor about taking this drug that causes cancer. If I die of a heart attack oh well, at least I’m not pumped full of their poison pills that not even the doctor would take because they know the pills are bad for us

(Championsidewinder) #407

No he said from 80 to 120 that’s because I might be getting to much protein taking me over in net carbs, that’s how I understand it, or I say f it, you all got me so confused

(Ellie) #408

I think sleep is probably a bigger problem for you to solve than diet then!
It is a hard cycle to break once your body gets into a routine of getting up in the night, and not going to bed until late.
Good news on being less reliant on the mask though.

Just don’t do keto. No ones forcing you. You’re way too aggressive and rude on here with people only trying to help. You reject their advice instantly when it doesn’t suit what you think how it should be. It’s like you just come here to vent your rage. Ridiculous. No need for it.

(Championsidewinder) #410

And I think I might be getting to much protein and the only way I can know that is if I log it, and even Ron on this site logs what he eats so he knows where he is on everything and it works for him, so I just need to tweak things a bit, if I get more protein than my body can use it just turns to sugar in my body taking me over in net carbs and taking me out of Ketosis that’s why he said 80 to 120 not up to 154, but if that is not what he was talking about then I am done talking to you ppl, because you are just confusing me more and pissing me off

(matt ) #411

Clean up the tone in this topic or it will be locked

@championsidewinder change your tone or you will be removed from the forum.

We don’t need to hear back from anyone on this. The admins have made their decision so play nice or leave. Simple as that.

(Championsidewinder) #412

Lady, ppl like you really piss me off, I’m not doing that, I just don’t understand what you ppl are talking about, I have been so confused about everything and everyone telling this telling that, I’m like WTF?

(G. Andrew Duthie) #413

Just did a couple of 1-1/2" thick NY steaks from Costco in the sous vide. Didn’t get a pic sliced, but here’s what they looked like after searing:

Avocado oil, salt, and pepper. I think next time I may pick up some sprigs of rosemary, and perhaps toss in a clove or two of garlic, but it was very good.

That looks delicious. Y’all have convinced me I NEED one of these in my life sooner rather than later!!! :smile:

(Championsidewinder) #416

Mmm looks great but too much protein for me