2 minute keto bread

(Michelle) #1

anyone make this?? I just found it, so wondering if anyone has tried it.

Ketogenic bread options
The 'Give us this day our daily bread' thread - aka theology of keto
POLL And how would you like your eggs?
(Scott Shillady) #2

I find them really dry, but itā€™s something to spread Kerrygold on to it if you are averse to gnawing on straight butter

Indeed, though my kids have found dark chocolate to be a preferable spread surface.

Iā€™ve made this and liked it a lot. Mine wasnā€™t dry at all, but I used a pretty big glob of butter when making it. It definitely needed to be toasted after microwaving.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #5

This is awesome, canā€™t wait to try. So much better than Oopsie rolls.

You think you can use almond flour made from unblanched almonds?

(Kaylie Utter) #6

Going to try it tonight. If this is better than oopsie, Great! Iā€™ll let you know.

(Michelle) #7

Oh good, thanks. I donā€™t have unblanched almond flour, so donā€™t know if they are interchangable. I would have probably tried with my regular almond flour, but then I put the Fool in foolproof mayonnaise and screwed that up. This looks easy to make if I can get all the ingredients right.

(Cheryl Meyers) #8

Iā€™ve made similar mug breads with flax meal and coconut flour. Work out your own combinations. Add cocoa powder, cinnamon, sweeteners, etc. to vary the flavor. The egg and baking powder are key to holding it all together.

(Michelle) #9

So, I made this today. I added in some cinnamon, some swerve (those were only modification to the video) and the verdict is not too bad!!! I toasted it for a minute, and added on a pat of butter on top. Is it ā€˜realā€™ bread? no. Would it be delicious with a fried egg, cheese and avocado on top? Yes!! Would it be yummy with some nut butter on top as a quick treat? Yes!!

I am a terrible cook, and if I can make it, then anyone can. Play around with with works for you. I would have taken pictures, but me being me - when I dropped it in the toaster, one of the little rounds folded and it became like a pacman type thingy. Still good though.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

Soā€¦can you use unblanched almond flour for this or not? Iā€™ve got the almonds, just not the patience for the blanching bit.

(Michelle) #11

I went ahead and bought the almond flour that is from blanched almonds. Too afraid I would screw it up with unblanched. BUT, I would try it with the unblanched almonds. I highly doubt there is a huge difference, especially if you plan on eating it with something else (cheese, meats, nut butters, butter, etc.).

(Jay) #12

I made this over the weekend. Everyone in my family tried it and like it. I made one batch with coca powder and stevia and it came out like chocolate cake.

I made this over the weekend too and I ate it with slabs of Kerrygold butter.

I used a larger mug so the resulting bread would actually be about the size of the burgers I normally eat and they still came out perfect.

I like the result of this bread much more than the Ooopsie Bread and it was soooo much faster and easier; although I did make some mistakes when I made the Ooopsie Bread.

(Michelle) #14

Agree! Even though I havenā€™t tried oopsie bread, it looks like a much bigger hassle and I donā€™t know if the taste/texture is worth it. I made it with unblanched almonds and it was still fine. A little more ā€œgrainyā€ than the blanched almonds, so to me a little more for savory toppings (I just put butter on it). The blanched almond flour I think could be for if you want to make it sweeter (for like with cocoa and sweeteners).

@Jaybird similar to what you were doing with cocoa powder.

I actually made this for breakfast this morning which is essentially the same thing as this bread with coconut flour and cocoa powder and it was just the right amount of chocolate and sweet I was looking for.

(Jessica) #16

Love it! Especially for a super quick burger bun.
I find that if I add ground flax seed and a little water, the bread has the right texture to hold a burger patty without crumbling apart.

While the pattys are in the pan, I whip up the bread and dinner is ready in no time.
I microwave it in a little bowl, to get a bigger perimeter to match the meat.

(EliseP) #17

I made this last night, double batch, in a 4 inch round Pyrex container. 1/2 cup almond flour, 1/4 cup butter, 2 eggs, 1 tsp baking powder. Microwaved a total of 2 1/2 minutes. I donā€™t know what could be so different about this bread from others Iā€™ve made but it was FANTASTIC! !!!. It didnā€™t crumble. It doesnā€™t taste eggy. It was fast and easy. I always have those ingredients on hand. The only problem was I had to force myself to stop at 1 1/2 slices so I could eat my salad before I was too full! Iā€™ll make this regularly.

(Michelle) #18

Yes! Iā€™m glad I tried it actually. This bread, for some reason, keeps me full for so long, and I only have 2 to 3 slices from a single ā€œbatchā€ of it. I guess it must be the baking soda?? Seems weird, but I find itā€™s a great butter vehicle delivery system when Iā€™m eating my first meal of the day.

Fast and easy, the way I like to make all my food!!

Yep, me too. I had it last night at dinner and used up quite a lot of butter in the process. :smile:

(Full time keto) #20

Tried it, liked it, too easy! Thanks for bringing to the table Michelle (props headbangerā€™s kitchen)