POLL And how would you like your eggs?

(Stickin' with mammoth) #1

I’m just nosy. Vote for your favorite. We’re gonna assume there’s butter or bacon nectar involved.

• Fried sunny side up
  • Fried over easy
  • Scrambled
  • Poached
  • Omelette/Frittata
  • Quiche
  • Hard boiled
  • Soft boiled
  • Shirred
  • Eggs are gross

0 voters

(Michelle) #2

typically, fried over medium :blush:

(Marc) #3

How about just the yolks? The useless whites are usually thrown out.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #4

Then vote what you do with the yummy golden centers.

At the moment, “Fried over easy” is leading the way at 83%, how do you soak up the yolk without bread? Or are you using keto breads?

Otherwise, I voted for omelette…

Anyone besides @MKChitown tried the bread? Did you use it for the yolks? :egg:

(Marc) #6

Voted! We (4 of us) go through so many eggs, it’s mind-boggling. We now have 12 dozen eggs at home at the moment. We’ll go through them in 3 or 4 weeks…

(Michelle) #7

I did make that 2 min keto bread again today - no cinnamon and no swerve. It is a GREAT little way to soak up the yolks, and I find it keeps me full a lot longer… I was going to assemble my eggs on top of it, and then cheese and avocado and make a pseudo benedict, but I am always torn of just putting a pat of butter on it and eating it like bread :smile:

Still had my eggs and avocado on the side! These little breads are great for guac on top too. Still wouldn’t mind trying some nut butter on top too…

(Steve) #8

That’s what the bacon is for, isn’t it? :grin:
When I first started Keto, that was the same question I had, how to sop up the yokes, but I have managed without bread by just using my bacon or the whites, just a little trickier to keep it off my shirt :slight_smile:

(Michelle) #9

Love those yolks!!! And yes, I don’t want to make this “bread” every day. I typically make my eggs over medium and they run just enough to get the yumminess, and hard enough that it’s not too runny.

(Stickin' with mammoth) #10

I could never keep that snot on my fork.

(Guardian of the bacon) #11

What the bacon won’t absorb, I lick off the plate.

I don’t recall using bread to soak up the yolk even when I wasn’t doing keto. That never occurred to me.
Sometimes I use it as essentially a dip/sauce for whatever else I have (steak, bacon, even the egg whites, etc), but more often I just eat the yolk ‘sack’ whole.
I’m not opposed to using a spoon or licking it up either though, and I don’t usually care that much about cleaning it completely if it comes down to it.

All of the above are exactly the same since before I started keto. Seriously, I don’t think I’ve ever even seen anyone use bread to soak up egg yolks from over easy. This is a thing?

(Guardian of the bacon) #13

yup the last bit of crusty home made bread soaked in egg yolk, bacon grease and butter was my fav bite of the meal.

(Cheryl Meyers) #14

That’s my method too. In Japan here, its polite to hold your bowl or plate in your left hand as you wield chopsticks in your right. I adapted my fork, and casually lick as necessary to enjoy allll the fat from my food. At home though, not in restaurants! :bacon:

(Genevieve Biggs) #15

Steak. :sunglasses::meat_on_bone::fried_egg:

(Bacon for the Win) #16

my husband loves making frittatas, so that’s how I voted. In all actuality, I love eggs any way they are cooked…hard boiled, soft boiled, poached, scrambled, over easy, over hard. I’m not difficult to please.

(I want abs... olutely all the bacon) #17

[quote=“BillJay, post:5, topic:8233”]
how do you soak up the yolk without bread?
[/quote] I cut 4-5 bacon strips in short pieces, cook almost to finish, add eggs to bacon & fat and fry, flip eggs briefly, pour all contents (including bacon fat) into a large shallow bowl, cut up eggs and bacon, stir, salt & pepper, and eat everything like a thick stew… using the last few pieces of bacon to wipe the bowl clean… 5 to 6 times per week, mmmmmm

Meringue egg wasn’t a choice boohoo :disappointed_relieved:

(Sam Marcos) #19

No no no you never turn it over! lol. It has to be runny…

(Tom) #20

My preferred answer to this question is “YES!!!”

I refuse to be tied down to one way of having my eggs. I guess I’m polyovivorous! :grin: