Zero Carb with Fish only?

This may be a dumb question, but I was wondering if there are any people doing Zero Carb with fish instead of meat ? I mean, if I’m only eating sardines, salmon and other fishes, am I still considered as “carnivore” ?

(Chris) #2

Yes, animal kingdom only. Fish are animals. For some real nutrition try out some raw wild caught salmon roe (eggs). It’s like a multivitamin that actually works.

(Elizabeth ) #3

of course you are, most people aren’t satisfied unless they have some sort of ruminant beef tends to be the choice of about 95% of people, I know Charles Washington an 11 year veteran eats mainky pork, some people get lamb very cheaply, I’m not sure the nutrient makeup is quite the same, you have to make sure to eat very fatty fish and probably eat other parts of the fish to get a full nutritional profile?

Go for it! :grinning:

But you may want to check out your sources of some fish. Salmon springs to mind. There have been a few news stories about mercury in farmed fish (I think). Haven’t checked it out myself, because I don’t eat enough salmon to worry, but you may find it worthwhile to dig a bit and see if there is truth in it.

OK ! Thanks for the info. I didn’t know that mercury thing.

You are right, I’ll aim for the fattiest fishes :smile:

(Andrea) #7

Mercury isn’t an issue. The fish human’s eat are high in selenium which binds to the mercury to stop us being able to absorb it.

(Nicole) #8

I think the larger fish tend to have more mercury. I used to eat tuna a lot but after a lab test it was discovered that my mercury was going up so I was told to cut back on tuna. After about 6 months my mercury levels dropped noticeably.

(Andrea) #9

Interesting… Been reading a lot about it but there’s many conflicting views! Did you have any symptoms? Or notice any difference when Mercury levels dropped?

(KCKO, KCFO) #10

The smaller the better. Less amounts of all toxins in the smaller fish.

(Nicole) #11

None that I noticed. But I was starting a new thyroid medication at the time so it could have gone unnoticed

Have you done something to lower the mercury level or have you just quit eating big fish ? I was wondering if there is a way to still eat salmon and tuna…

(Nicole) #13

My doctor, an orthomolecular doctor, does have some sort of treatment to assist in lowering mercury levels, but mine wasn’t that high so I did not even look into it.

There are mercury lowering treatments out there, but I don’t know how effective it is or what it entails. Or its cost.

I just started eating tuna once every week or so rather than every other day.

(Norma Laming) #14

I don’t know if it would matter but most fish seems to be surprisingly high on the insulin index

Do you have a link to read that ? I didn’t know that there is an insulin index. Thanks for your advise.

(KCKO, KCFO) #16

This thread has many links to insulin index charts and info.

Many thanks !!

(Lisa) #18

I love salmon Roe eggs

And apparently salmon roe has lots of vitamin c in it. Who’da thought it!

The only salmon roe I can find is on Amazon UK - and pretty pricey. So I am still looking. :slight_smile:

(M) #20

I asked this in another thread but thought I’d try here too. I bought frozen sockeye roe from Great Alaska Seafood. I was told its just roe and sea salt, nothing else. It was really fishy, slightly bitter/metallic at first, and maybe also tangy. Is that how roe is supposed to be?